CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:38 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Xort Xort:

Which makes me question if using numbers like a radius of a turn, or the total stopping distance are the correct data to evaluate the risk? Wouldn't stuff like wind and current be much more important to a risk assessment? Sure it might be hard to come to a stop, but it's not like you are going to make a turn and run out of water.

G...O...O...G...L...E...

Do you have a link?

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:49 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Xort Xort:

Which makes me question if using numbers like a radius of a turn, or the total stopping distance are the correct data to evaluate the risk? Wouldn't stuff like wind and current be much more important to a risk assessment? Sure it might be hard to come to a stop, but it's not like you are going to make a turn and run out of water.

G...O...O...G...L...E...

Do you have a link?

SNAP! ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 am

$1:
But Toronto thinks they are the shit for their own good, but Alberta is the shit for Canada's good.

Care to elabourate?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
$1:
But Toronto thinks they are the shit for their own good, but Alberta is the shit for Canada's good.

Care to elabourate?

How does one explain a rainbow to someone blind from birth?

Let's give an example, shall we? Automotive and steel industry bailouts: $28 Billion to save $40B in GDP. Alberta/BC Pine beetle infestation: $0 to save $13.6B in GDP.

Election promises in 2004, 2006: More promised to the Toronto Waterfront for development, than promised to all provinces west of Ontairo combined. (from memory)

Albertans currently contribute more to Confederation than any other province, but do you see articles like this about us?

http://speakyourmind.thestar.com/expert ... -province/

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... ation-war/
(I love the graph in that article)

We don't mind contributing oodles to Confederation. But, keep that in mind when polticians start with the divisive politics and turning up the rhetoric on the oilsands. Just like this article with BC.

They are not entitled to revenue sharing with our oil, coal, forestry or mining resources, and I think it's pretty ballsy to ask. We produce things, we sell them and we pay tax into federal coffers. If BC needs a share, they will get one. If it's simply that the decide they are entitled to one, well . . .Ms. Clark can fold it till it's all sharp corners and shove it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
$1:

Care to elabourate?

Let's give an example, shall we? Automotive and steel industry bailouts: $28 Billion to save $40B in GDP. Alberta/BC Pine beetle infestation: $0 to save $13.6B in GDP.

Election promises in 2004, 2006: More promised to the Toronto Waterfront for development, than promised to all provinces west of Ontairo combined. (from memory)

Albertans currently contribute more to Confederation than any other province, but do you see articles like this about us?

We don't mind contributing oodles to Confederation. But, keep that in mind when polticians start with the divisive politics and turning up the rhetoric on the oilsands. Just like this article with BC.

They are not entitled to revenue sharing with our oil, coal, forestry or mining resources, and I think it's pretty ballsy to ask. We produce things, we sell them and we pay tax into federal coffers. If BC needs a share, they will get one. If it's simply that the decide they are entitled to one, well . . .Ms. Clark can fold it till it's all sharp corners and shove it.

Agreed. Stupid move by her that everyone can see through.

Even if she were able to wring more cash out of the project, it would not likely get anymore support.

My opinion, don't want the pipeline and don't want the revenue that goes with it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Good points all.

I read this editorial this morning and it discusses Clark's attempt at extortion and why Alberta should tell her to go piss up a rope.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/ ... story.html

The part Clark didn't appear to think through is that if she thinks BC can charge Alberta for the oil transiting BC, then theoretically the Prairie provinces could charge BC for all the goods it ships east out of Vancouver. Bye, bye Port of Vancouver...

It also notes that one of the key reasons CNOOC wants to buy Nexen is for its deposits of natural gas in northern BC and suggests that BC might be better to request Alberta's pipeline know-how for that instead of trying to blackmail us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:34 am

We take the risk, but we don't get the benefits? Even Chrispie Clark isn't that stupid.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:36 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Good points all.

I read this editorial this morning and it discusses Clark's attempt at extortion and why Alberta should tell her to go piss up a rope.

I saw this one: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/ ... story.html

bootlegga bootlegga:
The part Clark didn't appear to think through is that if she thinks BC can charge Alberta for the oil transiting BC, then theoretically the Prairie provinces could charge BC for all the goods it ships east out of Vancouver. Bye, bye Port of Vancouver...

It also notes that one of the key reasons CNOOC wants to buy Nexen is for its deposits of natural gas in northern BC and suggests that BC might be better to request Alberta's pipeline know-how for that instead of trying to blackmail us.

I think she didn't get that by the time it's flowing through pipes, we've already sold it and it's not ours anymore.

The sad part I think is that big news happens, and Ms. Clark's tantrum overshadows it.

$1:
HALIFAX — Canada’s premiers may have agreed to buy generic drugs together in an effort to save health care costs today, but an escalating pipeline feud between Alberta and British Columbia is threatening to derail the annual premiers meeting.

The premiers released a report today that lists ways of saving health care money while delivering services that are more efficient. One of the measures they have agreed to implement is to buy three to five generic drugs in bulk.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/26 ... onference/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Good points all.

I saw this one: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/ ... story.html

That reminded me of the episode with the model UN on the Simpsons.

When everyone else is fighting, Ralph - dressed as a Mountie - stands up and sings O' Canada! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Xort Xort:

G...O...O...G...L...E...

Do you have a link?

:twisted: :P

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:55 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
SS Henry Steinbrenner
SS Carl D. Bradley
SS Cedarville
SS Daniel J. Morrow
SS Edmund Fitzgerald
Prinz Willem V
Monrovia
Nordmeer
Morrell
Rak
Huong Dien 09

I could go on but unless yer a complete idiot, you get the idea.

The topic is ships going in and out of Kitimat, how many ships have had problems in the Douglas Channel? (One maybe?)

You know very well what the question is, but still refuse to answer it. I will take it that you don't know and have no actual reason to fear the Douglas Channel being unreasonably dangerous.

andyt andyt:
We take the risk, but we don't get the benefits? Even Chrispie Clark isn't that stupid.

Another way to think of it is, you do none of the work and get 10% of the money.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Xort Xort:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
SS Henry Steinbrenner
SS Carl D. Bradley
SS Cedarville
SS Daniel J. Morrow
SS Edmund Fitzgerald
Prinz Willem V
Monrovia
Nordmeer
Morrell
Rak
Huong Dien 09

I could go on but unless yer a complete idiot, you get the idea.

The topic is ships going in and out of Kitimat, how many ships have had problems in the Douglas Channel? (One maybe?)

You know very well what the question is, but still refuse to answer it. I will take it that you don't know and have no actual reason to fear the Douglas Channel being unreasonably dangerous.

'One maybe' suggests you can't be bothered to read answers or conduct any research.

In fact, your intellectual laziness in this thread has been remarkable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Xort Xort:

andyt andyt:

Another way to think of it is, you do none of the work and get 10% of the money.

That banks on there never being an oil spill. History says that's a bad bet.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
'One maybe' suggests you can't be bothered to read answers or conduct any research.

I'm not the one making claims of fact.
I'm asking questions.

I'm not the one trying pass off early last century ships working the great lakes as ships working the Douglas Channel.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Xort Xort:
Gunnair Gunnair:

I'm not the one making claims of fact.
I'm asking questions.

I'm not the one trying pass off early last century ships working the great lakes as ships working the Douglas Channel.

Interesting. Who did that?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 15  Next