Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:17 pm

Brenda Brenda:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
I'm wondering of those who condemn him for suicide (I think it's a selfish act) said the same when their "hero" Kurt Cobain did the same thing.

What is the difference between the two or anyone else who commits suicide? If one of these guys where my "hero" then, their last action"un-heroed" them...

I guess you missed the point, and that is there is no difference. But in the past I have heard fans of Cobain call him a "great man" but in the same breathe denigrate some unknown person who commits suicide. It reeks of hypocrosy and is wrong.

If life is that bad, just go out and shoot all those who are causing you grief! 8O

Actually, that isn't right either. Just suck it up and learn to adapt and overcome!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:21 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Brenda Brenda:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
I'm wondering of those who condemn him for suicide (I think it's a selfish act) said the same when their "hero" Kurt Cobain did the same thing.

What is the difference between the two or anyone else who commits suicide? If one of these guys where my "hero" then, their last action"un-heroed" them...

I guess you missed the point, and that is there is no difference. But in the past I have heard fans of Cobain call him a "great man" but in the same breathe denigrate some unknown person who commits suicide. It reeks of hypocrosy and is wrong.

If life is that bad, just go out and shoot all those who are causing you grief! 8O

Actually, that isn't right either. Just suck it up and learn to adapt and overcome!

:oops: :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:24 pm

Brenda Brenda:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Not very appropriate comments in a thread about someones suicide.

You know, RUEZ, I don't feel sorry for him... I feel sorry for his girlfriend and kids, but taking your own life is not some heroic thing. Overcoming your problems is. He took the easy way out, as far as I know... Should I applaude him or something?

We had a guy here, last monday, who killed his mother in law, and took his two little boys (4 & 6
years) to the train tracks, held them with him, and trhew himself and his kids in front of the train. Should that be a heroic thing? The guy was divorcing his wife, any idea how she feels? The train-driver had 11 of these suicedes in his 15 year career... How does he feel, you think?

The week before that, a family killed themselfes, 2 kids ( 10 & 14) where drugged by the parents who drugged themselfes. Mom and the kids are dead, dad survived. They had money problems...

If you are confronted with these things, almost every week, you don't feel sorry anymore, you just think: coward...

Mental illnesses? My ass :evil:
Think whatever you want about him I don't give a shit. Just don't come here cracking jokes and expect no one to say something about it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:31 pm

lily lily:
$1:

Yes, because learning to adapt and overcome is what depressed people do best.

I agree with RUEZ - a lot of you sound very callous and uncaring.
It's good to see so many perfect people here who have it all together. I believe anyone who would kill themselves must have been in a lot of pain to take such a drastic step. A lot of people that kill themselves may have a chemical imbalance that causes depression or some other reason for their depression. Regardless it's not as cut and dried as calling them cowards. That's just ignorant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:57 pm

its tragic to think there is no escape. They obviouly dont want sypathy when they go through with it... they just want out. so sad... Im prayin for ya bro

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:24 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
lily lily:
$1:

Yes, because learning to adapt and overcome is what depressed people do best.

I agree with RUEZ - a lot of you sound very callous and uncaring.
It's good to see so many perfect people here who have it all together. I believe anyone who would kill themselves must have been in a lot of pain to take such a drastic step. A lot of people that kill themselves may have a chemical imbalance that causes depression or some other reason for their depression. Regardless it's not as cut and dried as calling them cowards. That's just ignorant.

Man, am I glad you don't know anything about me... Believe me, I know about depressions... I know how it works, and I know what it can do to a person. But it is ignorant to think everyone who commited suicide is mentally ill, or all mentally ill commit suicide. Not everyone with a lot of pain kill themselves, and not every suicide comes from pain.

It doesn't take that much to kill yourself. An overdose or a good drink (a bit much maybe) can do the trick. Who knows what went through his mind? Maybe he had cold feet, maybe he was mentally ill. Who can say?

If he had a problem, why didn't he seek help?

I'm sorry, but those kids killed by their father (over a divorce, need I say more???) do me more than some 50+ man who couldn't see it right anymore. Sue me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:37 am

Since when is a mental illness an excuse to commit so much grieve in other peoples lives?

If you want to kill yourself, fine, but why should there be an excuse?

Oh, who said I had compassion? Not me for sure! I don't feel compassion for anyone who obviously doesn't care for the rest of his family and friends. You know what they will be thinking, the rest of their lives? "what could I have done to prevent this?"

Suicide is the most selfish thing someone can do... That's not something I can respect, sorry.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:18 am

Brenda Brenda:
Since when is a mental illness an excuse to commit so much grieve in other peoples lives?

If you want to kill yourself, fine, but why should there be an excuse?

Oh, who said I had compassion? Not me for sure! I don't feel compassion for anyone who obviously doesn't care for the rest of his family and friends. You know what they will be thinking, the rest of their lives? "what could I have done to prevent this?"

Suicide is the most selfish thing someone can do... That's not something I can respect, sorry.

True, but do you think someone who's in such a deep depression cares about anything like family? When you are that depressed you don't care about anything at all and you probably rationalize that suicide will be beneficial to those who care about you.

Last edited by canucker on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:37 am

Obviously many people here have never suffered from or dealt with someone with a serious mental illness, which clinical depression is. You all talk about the people not caring, well in their mind they feel that removing themselves from the lives of their friends and family would improve those they care about, lot in life. The thing is, these people are mentally ill, they aren't thinking rationally and until you or I have been there we can't begin to understand what is going on in their minds.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:59 am

Brenda Brenda:
That's total BS and no one is asking you to respect suicide. I can think of many things more selfish. How about taking someone else's life?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:01 am

$1:
Obviously many people here have never suffered from or dealt with someone with a serious mental illness, which clinical depression is. You all talk about the people not caring, well in their mind they feel that removing themselves from the lives of their friends and family would improve those they care about, lot in life. The thing is, these people are mentally ill, they aren't thinking rationally and until you or I have been there we can't begin to understand what is going on in their minds.

I don't agree with you on everything... First of all, who says he was depressed? Secondly, depressed people can care about somebody else, and not all of them think their loved ones are better of without them. Not everyone who is depressed commits suicide, and not everyone who commits suicide is depressed. I know, I've been there. :(

Pills work very well in most cases...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:07 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Brenda Brenda:
That's total BS and no one is asking you to respect suicide. I can think of many things more selfish. How about taking someone else's life?

Oh? I was not supposed to make fun of it, was I? So I guess if that is not allowed, I have to respect it. But that is probably a wrong assumption too :?

When you take someone else's life, at least you (as murderer) got to live with the burden, and the guilt. I think suicide is worse, because there is noone you (victims relatives) can ask why he/she did it. With murder you can ask the murderer, and be angry at someone.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:58 am

$1:
Not everyone who is depressed commits suicide

Not everyone is correct, but some do. A very close friend of mine in highschool suffered from clinical depression, a seretonin imbalance. He hung himself because, none of the pills worked. Not paxil, not not Prozac, not Zoloft. He felt that he was putting his family through hell. Because his ilness was hormonally induced cognitive therapy was useless. He went from being 'normal' one year to being in and out of hospitals the next. He feared that this was his life would be for years to come and felt that it was a burden to his family. His family, friends, doctors and ministers couldn't convince him otherwise. Two days after grad he was found at a camping spot we'd used as kids, a place from the 'normal' happy times of his earlier life.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:24 am

Everyone has to walk thier on path...end of story.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:34 pm

Sorry to disappoint folks but I have zero sympathy for anyone who commits suicide. If that sounds cold and callous too fucking bad. Also for those who think it's not a selfish act, think of what is left behind to live with the memory of suicide, wives, husbands, children, parents, siblings, friends etc. There are plenty of ways to deal with depression, suicide is not one of them, but suck it up and adapt to your lot in life is!