canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:21 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=19845" target="_blank">British writer rips Winnipeg</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=14" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Alta_redneck" target="_blank">Alta_redneck</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-03-11 07:07:48
<strong>Canadian</strong>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:21 pm

this coming from the country that blindly follows the americans into war like puppets of GWB, whos dental hygine makes the wolfman look like a poster child for good dentistry, and the only place in the world that deep fries toast and chocolate bars, yea... they are in a position to criticize

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:28 am

And once again, we find ourselves flushed with righteous indignation over what someone in another country thinks or says of us. Will we ever fucking grow up? Ever?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:50 am

ROTFL

Winnipeg is splattered with the blood of baby seals? He just lost any possibly credibility. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:14 am

I think this was an excellent reaction by the mayor:

"It's not really deserving of a comment. It's absolutely ludicrous. It appears his sense of humour is not as good as he thinks it is,"

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:10 am

Winterpeg needs to chill! err, umm, wait.. [wedgie]

I found it funny. The inaccuracies only add to the humour.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:51 pm

I remember during the 2001 World Track and Field Championships some Brit writer called Edmonton Deadmonton in an article. Rather than being smart enough to ignore it, the mayor paid for tour around the city, a trip to Jasper, etc.

Seems like Winnipeg;s mayor did the right thing.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:06 pm

$1:
this coming from the country that blindly follows the americans into war like puppets of GWB, whos dental hygine makes the wolfman look like a poster child for good dentistry, and the only place in the world that deep fries toast and chocolate bars, yea... they are in a position to criticize

Canadian beer isn't that bad, beats crap like Budweiser anyway.
Deep fried chocolate bars, that's a bit rich coming from the people that gave the world poutine!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:53 pm

Wow seals in Winterpeg, how'd they get there? Did the tree huggers airvac them off NFL in the dead of night to save them?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:19 pm

$1:
Wow seals in Winterpeg, how'd they get there? Did the tree huggers airvac them off NFL in the dead of night to save them?

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:42 pm

Seals? They don't even have those at Assiniboine Park. The only seals I've seen in Winnipeg were at the Red River Ex. What's next the Beachcombers of Churchill are environmentally concious? Relic hit a polar bear with his jet boat. Nick the Greek is molesting Jesse in the residential schools?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:09 pm

$1:
One paragraph reads: "Winnipeg. The very name conjures up ghastly images of tumbleweed rolling across a snowy wasteland splattered with the blood of dead baby seals, dreadful beer with a dash of maple syrup and a Prime Minister who speaks French. What could possibly be worse?"

Thomas, who has never visited this country, said the insults were meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

That's one hell of a tongue-in-cheek comment! :lol: An actual reporter?

I wouldn't trust this guy if I KNEW it was true now. If he told me that clouds are made of water, I'd go find another source, ROTFL

$1:
"No offence intended. You should see what we say about your chums to the south ... "

First, what else have you said about Canada? :evil:

Then maybe we can see some of thee... uh... jokes about your buddies to the south....

$1:
Thomas also refers to Winnipeg as a "hick town in possibly the third-worldishest first-world country on the planet."

Maybe someone took a picture of a garbage can in New York, sent it to this guy and told him is was Winnipeg? I don't know how he got this image.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:09 am

Hmm, sounds like GB.