canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 am

Title: Canada abstains as UN General Assembly backs resolution to nullify U.S. move on Jerusalem
Category: Political
Posted By: shockedcanadian
Date: 2017-12-21 09:59:47
Canadian

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 am

I suppose if we weren't going to vote with America, something I obviously believe we should, this is the next best course of action.

The UN, like the RCMP, covert OPP and TPS has outlived it's usefulness and have now become a burden to taxpayers and most liberty loving citizens. This vote gives a great opportunity to Trump to cut costs and help his economy rather then the global cabal of ballroom dancers.

Last edited by shockedcanadian on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:06 am

If we caved because of threats we should hang our heads in shame:

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... ve-reports

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am

Only 9 voted against, 128 for, 35 abstentions, and 21 no-shows.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:25 am

shockedcanadian shockedcanadian:
This vote gives a great opportunity to Trmp to cut costs and help his econom rather then the global cabal of ballroom dancers.
That may have been the plan...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:27 am

Robair Robair:
This vote gives a great opportunity to Trmp to cut costs and help his econom rather then the global cabal of ballroom dancers.

^^^

Trump seems to me more isolationist that previous Presidents. He also seems to like making it look like the other guy's fault.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:03 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Trump seems to me more isolationist that previous Presidents. He also seems to like making it look like the other guy's fault.

MAGA !

For years everyone was crying America the bully.
Now they are crying America, save us with money and stuff.

Just.
pick.
one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Given the state of NAFTA negotiations I don't think Socks had any choice. If he sided with the UN he could kiss any chance of a fair trade deal goodbye because you had know that Trump wouldn't have taken kindly to that decision.

But, by not backing the UN in their quest to subjugate the worlds largest democratically elected govt he's pretty much sunk any chances of ever getting that seat on the Security Council he so desperately wants.

It was a no win situation for him and in fairness it appears he tried to make the best of a bad situation by putting needs ahead of wants. But even the waffling and indecision may come back to bite him in the ass because neither of the aggrieved parties will appreciate his course of action.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:15 pm

Guatemala, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Palau, Nauru and Togo joined the United States and Israel in voting no.

Don't cut that $20 in aid Mr. Trump, please no! We're your good beggars!

If the shit hits the fan over this, the USA can count on a whole platoon of allied support.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:34 pm

herbie herbie:
Don't cut that $20 in aid Mr. Trump, please no! We're your good beggars!

Good thing the anti Semites in the UN are self sufficient and shouldn't miss the $20 in aid the Americans pay every year. But, they might miss this.

$1:
"When all of our taxpayers are paying roughly 22 percent of the budget, I think they do expect to see a more efficient and an organization that's more objective and more in keeping with our values," Portman said on Jan. 18, 2017"

The U.N. and U.S. budget documents show Portman’s number is correct, and if peacekeeping is included, the percentage gets even higher.

http://www.politifact.com/global-news/s ... 2-percent/

Or, how about this?

$1:
American taxpayers will pony up around $3.024 billion this year towards the United Nations’ regular and peacekeeping budgets, more than what 185 other countries combined are paying, an expert on the international body told U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday.

While the U.S. contribution in 2015 to the U.N. regular budget is $621.9 million, the 35 countries contributing the least will pay just $28,269 each, Heritage Foundation scholar Brett Schaefer told the Senate Foreign Relations subcommittee responsible for multilateral institutions.

And where the U.S. will pay $2.402 billion towards the separate peacekeeping budget, the 20 countries contributing the least will pay just $8,470 each.

Putting those together, “the United States will be assessed approximately $3 billion this year, based on the projected budgets for the regular and peacekeeping budgets, while the 20 least-assessed countries will be assessed less than $37,000 [each] this year for both of those budgets,” he said.

“For the regular budget, the U.S. is assessed more than 176 other U.N. member-states combined,” Schaefer said. “For the peacekeeping budget, the U.S. is assessed more than 185 other U.N. member-states, combined.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pa ... s-combined

But hey I'm sure the other 185 countries combined would be more than happy to increase their morally superior financial allotment and makeup any shortfall that $20 deficit the US pullout would cause.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Trudeau's new Canada didn't support our closest ally in its support of Israel and that state's choice of capital.

Pussy Move.

America will remember.

Canada needs to vote Prime Minister Pussy out of office as soon as possible, so we can shrug our shoulders to our buddies down south and say "Wasn't us.
Image"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:57 pm

I heard blog talk that if when the UN gets the boot from America its most likely landing point would be Brussels under the guardianship of the EU.

Good idea. Good place for it. 2 useless artifacts of impotence going nowhere in a mad rush to do nothing. Other than getting in other people's way, of course.

I hope we Canadians have regained our sanity by then and don't go with it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:13 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Robair Robair:

^^^

The US was like that for a very long period, right up to Pearl Harbor.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Abstaining on UN resolutions re:Israel/ Palestine is a rich Canadian tradition fellas. It replaces an earlier tradition of alternating between yea/nay voters to maintain appearance of neutrality. Harper was the only notable exception IIRC as he was all Israel all the time.

I wouldn’t read too much into any of this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:36 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I heard blog talk that if when the UN gets the boot from America its most likely landing point would be Brussels under the guardianship of the EU.

Good idea. Good place for it. 2 useless artifacts of impotence going nowhere in a mad rush to do nothing. Other than getting in other people's way, of course.

I hope we Canadians have regained our sanity by then and don't go with it.

Both the UN and the EU have one positive thing to be said for them, nobody every got an STD from doing business in either one of those establishments, any other house of ill repute cannot make such a claim.