bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:02 am

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
andyt andyt:
What exactly are you disagreeing with? There's nothing in what you said that remotely covers what I said.

Re-read it. I said I agree with you Andy. Happenes a couple times lately.

And I was referring to this post.

andyt andyt:
You should be able to defend your life with lethal force, not your property. But what constitutes a threat to your life should be interpreted pretty broadly.

I was playing devils advocate about having a broad spectrum of what should be considered a threat to ones life.

Woops. I'm so used to you disagreeing with me even when you've taken a position very similar to mine, I guess I just take it as read by now.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:05 am

Believe it or not, I do keep an open mind about other peoples opinions, and I do my best to understand them. But even I have my limits, and you test them a lot. With that, I can say I am honestly pleasantly surprised and happy to find where we have some common ground. [B-o]

Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:11 am

jeff744 jeff744:
Curtman Curtman:
Life is precious not property, that's what insurance is for. Another step backward by the chicken little party to increase violence rather than decrease it.

Shortly after we moved into our old house in the West End, 6 years ago the neighbours told us about the guy who used to live there. Poor guy tried to stop the gangsters from stealing his car. He spent 6 months in the hospital, and had to sell the house.

Then there's my friend Jeff who was shot in the face with a sawed off shotgun way back in 1997 when he tried to stop the gangsters from stealing $60 from the Family Foods on Arlington where he worked.

It's not worth it, and our government shouldn't be encouraging vigilantes.

And you would prefer a system that would get you arrested for defending yourself?

Law or no law if you break in to my house and the dog can't eat you alive ... I'll prepare dinner for her. :wink: