canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
I dunno, but considering that taxes are paid on fast food and cigarettes and the fact that fucking is free, or the fact that no one has ever needed heart by-pass surgery after just ONE cheeseburger and/or cigarette....

And people who get abortions pay their taxes too. I'm not getting your logic...largely because there is none in your thought-process. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:25 am

So a woman (couple) who slips up and gets pregnant without meaning to should have to carry the baby to term or at least pay for the procedure herself, even if she has no money?

I support restrictions as to the age of the fetus that abortion on demand can be performed, but for early stage pregnancy, making abortion available and free seems the best option.

Using sex selection as the reason for abortion is wrong, but how would you stop it and not just deny abortion to women who legitimately don't want a baby? And again, forcing that woman who wants to select the sex to give birth to an unwanted baby, is that a good idea?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:29 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Doesn't matter what you believe. It's none of your business what other people do to their bodies.

Agreed. Of recent days I've changed my mind on this issue and now I'm perfectly fine with the notion that liberals are birth-controlling and aborting themselves out of existence.

Were it not for abortion then the USA would have approximately fifty million more Democrats right now and we'd have long ago succumbed to one-party rule.

Depending on who you talk to the Democrats lose somewhere between 1,500 to 5,000 potential new voters every day.

So don't expect me to complain about that anymore. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 am

So: 1. Democrats abort their pregnancies more so than Republicans?

2. Babies come out of the womb knowing which party they'll support?

3. Children always support the same political party as their parents?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:45 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
So: 1. Democrats abort their pregnancies more so than Republicans?

Yes. Go look at the demographics of abortion for yourself and you'll see it for yourself.

Lemmy Lemmy:
2. Babies come out of the womb knowing which party they'll support?

Children overwhelmingly register their affiliations the same as their parents.

Lemmy Lemmy:
3. Children always support the same political party as their parents?

Generally, they do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Yes. Go look at the demographics of abortion for yourself and you'll see it for yourself.

People getting abortions declare their party affiliation at the door? I highly doubt that. If anything, it's likely uptight conservatives that are more likely to want to get rid of what their families might consider a dirty little secret.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Children overwhelmingly register their affiliations the same as their parents.

Generally, they do.

How could you know that? How could it be measured? If it were true, why is the same party not always in power? Oh, never mind that last question, the answer is abortion rates drive the election results, back and forth. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:52 am

Given that more teen pregnancies happen in conservative Red States this it's probably the reverse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:54 am

Doesnt' matter, Democrats are still winning the demographic race. Maybe because they produce more wanted, happier babies.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 am

andyt andyt:
Doesnt' matter, Democrats are still winning the demographic race. Maybe because they produce more wanted, happier babies.

Nope. They're dependent upon immigrants (legal and illegal) to buck up their numbers.

Absent immigration the birthrate in the USA is unsustainable anymore.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:58 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Absent immigration the birthrate in the USA is unsustainable anymore.

That would be a good thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 am

Thanos Thanos:
Given that more teen pregnancies happen in conservative Red States this it's probably the reverse.

More teenagers bring their pregnancices to term in the conservative states than they do in the liberal states.

Here's the most current report on the birthrate vs. abortion rates in the USA.

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/USTPtrendsState08.pdf

New York state is #1 for abortions while Mississippi is #1 for births.

If the Republicans can stymie immigration then we'll eventually win the war of demographics as the Democrats abort themselves into irrelevance.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:12 am

If your basing your hopes on something like that you're probably well into the process of blasting the term "grasping at straws" to pieces. It'd actually be easier and more successful for people to move on to a new definition of conservatism that isn't controlled by the hardcore religious right than it is to keep trying to breathe life into this particular corpse of an intellectually-dead philosophy that's turned moribund and is thoroughly stinking up the place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:20 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
More teenagers bring their pregnancices to term in the conservative states than they do in the liberal states.

If the Republicans can stymie immigration then we'll eventually win the war of demographics as the Democrats abort themselves into irrelevance.

Mississippi also has the highest rate of obesity... I wonder if there's a correlation? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mississippi is #1 for births.

Like these guys, good Republicans all (Ah deserve food stamps):

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 am

raydan raydan:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Mississippi also has the highest rate of obesity... I wonder if there's a correlation? :?

Mississippi also has the lowest IQ of any state... I wonder if there's another correlation? :lol: