canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:15 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=20042" target="_blank">Dead body goes 1st-class on flight</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=16" target="_blank">Misc World</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Alta_redneck" target="_blank">Alta_redneck</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-03-19 08:03:36

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:15 pm

where else were they supposed to put it?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:56 am

you gotta reimburse them, give them some air miles or something.
I mean geez you pay extra money and you have to sit next to a dead body? can't blame the airline for what they did but they should defenitly compensate them

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:02 am

Yeah I can't believe BA isn't compensating the passengers.

You're putting a corpse next to me? Thank you for paying for my next flight to anywhere!

You think they could have put it in one of the bathrooms or something.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:24 am

I'd rather have the corpse next to me than some of the clods I've had to put up with in the past. The corpse would be quieter and would likely smell better.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:37 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I'd rather have the corpse next to me than some of the clods I've had to put up with in the past. The corpse would be quieter and would likely smell better.

Have we been on the same flights Bart? :D At least he wouldn't disturb you getting up out of his seat every two minutes!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:42 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Have we been on the same flights Bart? :D At least he wouldn't disturb you getting up out of his seat every two minutes!

I think we have, indeed!

Honest to God, I'd rather fly in the cargo section of a C-130 on a hot day than have to sit in a Southwest 727 on a good day. You get way more leg room on the C-130, it is quieter (compare unshielded prop noise to a screaming baby and you'll agree), the aisle is big enough to park an LAV in (really!), and if the landing pattern is too heavy you can always have the pilot divert to fly over your house and get a green light off the ramp. (I did this once and actually got away with it!)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am

Not a big fan of the C-130 anymore, maybe I'm getting too old. :? But I tell you what, if they sit a corpse next to me on a plane and it does get up I'll be able to write 727, 767, 747, L-1011 or whatever the plane is in my jump log book! 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I think we have, indeed!

Honest to God, I'd rather fly in the cargo section of a C-130 on a hot day than have to sit in a Southwest 727 on a good day. You get way more leg room on the C-130, it is quieter (compare unshielded prop noise to a screaming baby and you'll agree), the aisle is big enough to park an LAV in (really!), and if the landing pattern is too heavy you can always have the pilot divert to fly over your house and get a green light off the ramp. (I did this once and actually got away with it!)

Bart I'm much more partial to the Globemaster! That plane compared to a Herc is like Corvette to Chevette, a very sweet, comfortable ride with more leg room than an NBA player needs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:15 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Not a big fan of the C-130 anymore,

Neither am I! That was my point that as bad as the C-130 is it's still better than Southwest!

2Cdo 2Cdo:
maybe I'm getting too old. :?

Me, too, bro. And getting old in our profession is a good thing. :wink:

2Cdo 2Cdo:
But I tell you what, if they sit a corpse next to me on a plane and it does get up I'll be able to write 727, 767, 747, L-1011 or whatever the plane is in my jump log book! 8O

LOL!!!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:20 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Bart I'm much more partial to the Globemaster! That plane compared to a Herc is like Corvette to Chevette, a very sweet, comfortable ride with more leg room than an NBA player needs.

Oh, hell yeah! The C-17 is sweet! :wink:

But the old Herky birds are still something else for being able to take a beating and keep flying. I don't know if the C-17 will stand up so well to punishment as the C-130 and, hopefully, we'll never have to find out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:41 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

Oh, hell yeah! The C-17 is sweet! :wink:

But the old Herky birds are still something else for being able to take a beating and keep flying. I don't know if the C-17 will stand up so well to punishment as the C-130 and, hopefully, we'll never have to find out.

No argument there! I give our air force troops credit for keeping them running as long as they have!