canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:24 pm

I thaught it was a bit sad... A lot of killings in highschools n' not alot of coverage about it.. at least not much being said about how to prevent, or why these tragedies where occurring...

Think it's time to get rid of guns floating around? Not just down town, in your own house as well?

Just pleading for a bit more sanity...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:30 pm

It is not the guns it is the people behind the gun. Education and safe storage needs to be taught, cause if they can't get guns it will be something else.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:41 pm

lyonhart lyonhart:
It is not the guns it is the people behind the gun. Education and safe storage needs to be taught, cause if they can't get guns it will be something else.

What do you need gun's for?
I've yeat to see a gun used in my life n' I'm really pleased with that arrangement. The onley one's who die around here is the "dopes"... another sad n' related misery.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:56 pm

lyonhart lyonhart:

While there are some good arguments for letting people have guns, I don't think that this is one of the best.

Can you imagine how things would have gone if the guy at Dawson College, or the one at that Colorado high school, or Columbine, etc., had tried to do what they did with a knife or a baseball bat?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:57 pm

It's time to change your view on gun's. More than 10,000 murders a year are related to gun violence in America. Less than a hundred gun related murders occures in Europe a year.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:57 pm

Maybe handguns should be more restricted. How did a guy without a life (job, school, etc) living with his parents at 25 in LAVAL got restricted guns ? :?

The problem is the person handling the gun. It has nothing to do with hunting guns (what the '95 law is about).

It's sad but we need to think about the problem with a clear head. The hunters don't have to pay for a psychopath and for the emotions of people in the cities who never handled a gun.... and for the electoral benefits it brings for the parties.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm

Hardy Hardy:
Can you imagine how things would have gone if the guy at Dawson College had tried to do what they did with a knife or a baseball bat?
He killed one person, and wounded more. WIth a knife in a crowded school, you could easily, very easily, kill more then that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:09 pm

OPP OPP:
It's time to change your view on gun's. More than 10,000 murders a year are related to gun violence in America. Less than a hundred gun related murders occures in Europe a year.
Murders -- Yes. Violent gun crime? No.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:09 pm

I think we both agree that Guns should onley be handeld by officials; police, military and hunters.
But if you are not one of these things and your livelihood does not depend upon it then you should restrain yourselfe from acquiring a gun.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:11 pm

OPP OPP:
I think we both agree that Guns should onley be handeld by officials; police, military and hunters.
But if you are not one of these things and your livelihood does not depend upon it then you should restrain yourselfe from acquiring a gun.
I vigourisly disagree. Why should they restrain from buying a gun? I know it isn't America, but think of the 2nd Amendment and why it was created, then look at who you listed should have guns.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:13 pm

Tricks Tricks:
OPP OPP:

Your saying that there is no such figure among gun violence?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:15 pm

OPP OPP:
Tricks Tricks:
OPP OPP:

No, what I am saying is the the violent crime involving guns in the UK is quite high, and has been rising very rapidly.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:17 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Hardy Hardy:
Can you imagine how things would have gone if the guy at Dawson College had tried to do what they did with a knife or a baseball bat?
He killed one person, and wounded more. WIth a knife in a crowded school, you could easily, very easily, kill more then that.

Yeah, wounded 19 more, at least 2 of whom are still in comas. One of those will be a vagatable for life even she does come out of it, having been shot in the head twice.

I don't know how things are at your school, but at mine, if someone pulled out a knife and started going after people in the cafeteria, (a) they would run away from him, and (b) the assilant would have the living crap kicked out of him within 2 minutes.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:18 pm

I'm a hunter. I need a rifle to hunt.
I don't need a .357 mag to hunt.
Point.

You want to have an handgun to do competition or sport shooting ? Fine.
But you need to have a good background and a real reason to acquire this handgun.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Tricks Tricks:
OPP OPP:
Tricks Tricks:
OPP OPP:

No, what I am saying is the the violent crime involving guns in the UK is quite high, and has been rising very rapidly.

Crime; yes. Murderes; No.
It's that quant difference that separates ous.