canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:47 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=21545" target="_blank">Latest Chinese missile to target US carriers: report</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/13-military" target="_blank">Military</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=bootlegga" target="_blank">bootlegga</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-05-16 13:09:38

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:47 pm

China wants a war.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:00 pm

I don't think that's necessarily so.

Every nation is allowed to upgrade their military against potential adversaries aren't they? If the US is going to build a missile shield against what they feel is a major threat (rogue nuclear states), why isn't China allowed to field weapons against future threats? Seeing as the USA has promised to come to the aid of Taiwan if they are attacked, it's only prudent on their part to be ready.

There may come a day when the Chinese attack, but I think that unless they have an overwhelming advantage (or can take Taiwan bloodlessly), it won't happen. Taiwan means a lot to the Chinese economy and smashing it flat won't help. It'd be essentially killing the goose that laid the golden eggs...odds are the Communist Chinese government will be replaced by one palatable to Taiwan (less likely), or they will find a way to re-join mainland China peacefully (more likely).

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:25 pm

Myself, I see the ChiCom government eventually heading to a crisis as their people demand freedom and they'll invade Taiwan as a way to distract the people and to justify martial law to reassert their control of the country.

*IF* the ChiComs ever peacefully cede power to a democratically elected government I will personally celebrate the event by booking a trip to China. :wink:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:26 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

hi Bart..if you recall our last discussion regarding china's military i was finally able to find all these files on my puters..here goes:

Web Page Name j10

http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... 2198&pos=1
story.jpgchina's military

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:31 pm

If I live long enough to have kids, they are gonna have such a fucked up world around them...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:49 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
If I live long enough to have kids, they are gonna have such a fucked up world around them...
Yeah won't it be cool!? 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:57 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

China has vowed to retake Taiwan before 2020. The US has promised to help Taiwan. That sound like a was is imminent.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:10 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

Or they are simply investing in technology to defend themselves against a very likely opponent. Wouldn't you do the same?

Of course you would.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:11 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

Or they are simply investing in technology to defend themselves against a very likely opponent. Wouldn't you do the same?

Of course you would.

The New Cold War.... 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm

-Mario- -Mario-:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

China has vowed to retake Taiwan before 2020. The US has promised to help Taiwan. That sound like a was is imminent.

*puts on his awesome sunglasses*

[popcorn]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

Of course you would.

human nature demands that result

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:34 pm

-Mario- -Mario-:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

yes...china wants taiwan and they honestly believe its theirs to take..nor do they feel they need americas permission to do this

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:41 pm

icekarma2752 icekarma2752:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

Of course you would.

Which one?

The US builds a massive army and shows a willingness to use it even to invade innocent countries followed by other countries building up their own armies to counter a US theat, or the US then pointing to that defensive buildup as a threat against them in order to claim thats it is in fact "them" who want a war (despite being involved in 2 wars themselves)?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:13 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
icekarma2752 icekarma2752:
DerbyX DerbyX:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
China wants a war.

Of course you would.

Which one?

The US builds a massive army and shows a willingness to use it even to invade innocent countries followed by other countries building up their own armies to counter a US theat, or the US then pointing to that defensive buildup as a threat against them in order to claim thats it is in fact "them" who want a war (despite being involved in 2 wars themselves)?

what i meant is i'm sure china wants to be the next "biggest dog" on the block...thats all