Title: Man stabbed, beheaded on bus in Manitoba
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: C.M. Burns
Date: 2008-07-31 04:13:54
Canadian

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:38 am

This guy was 'thinking' before he did this? The death penalty is obviously not a deterrent to your average bus-riding, knife-wielding, saw-your-head-off psychokiller.
Or do you want hanging brought back for its sheer entertainment value?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:55 am

All human beings are capable of thought so I'm sure he was thinking before, during and after the act....

Why do we always make excuses for perpetrators of violence? In a sane and civilized society behaviour like this can not be tolerated...

Surely someone on the bus could have intervened after witnessing the first thrust of the knife...

My heart goes out to the victim and the loved ones he leaves behind...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:12 am

stemmer stemmer:
Surely someone on the bus could have intervened after witnessing the first thrust of the knife...
Intervened as a crazy guy with a hunting knife is stabbing the person beside him repeatedly in the throat? I don't think typical bus passengers are going to be able to help in that situation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 am

Sure, Burns. He probably just had a bad day. Slap on the wrist and a big hug and he's good to go. Besides.. he could be innocent. It could have been an accident. :roll:

Colorado Avalanche
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:06 am

This crime was BRUTAL and vile. Forget the noose, send the guy off to the Taliban with a big T shirt marked "I Spy for the US Industrial Complex" and let them take care of it for us.

Just goes to prove that bad things can be random. He happened to pick that seat, it happened to be empty when the psycho lunatic got on. Had he sat 2 rows back, or had someone else getting on and going a few stops farther than his previous seat mate decided to sit next to him, it would have been someone else that was randomly taken.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:19 am

The argument that the perpetrator is the true victim of this crime and the murdered person is mere collateral damage is cited way too often by the liberal left of this nation...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:36 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Sure, Burns. He probably just had a bad day. Slap on the wrist and a big hug and he's good to go. Besides.. he could be innocent. It could have been an accident. :roll:

Excuse me??? Just WTF do you think it is that I said? Did I say he should be let go?? No! Did I say anything about how he SHOULD be treated? NO!

What I did say was that the death penalty is not going to deter some crazy batshit killer when he feels like decapitating his fellow bus rider.

Oh, I get it. You're pissed cause I showed your Liar... oops, Lorrie Goldstein article to be pure political lies.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 am

stemmer stemmer:
The argument that the perpetrator is the true victim of this crime and the murdered person is mere collateral damage is cited way too often by the liberal left of this nation...

And who is saying that? I don't see a single effing post on this thread about that.
The only one making that claim is YOU!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:39 am

From the radio, the perp came onto the bus, sat in the back with the victim and attacked 20 min. later.
I think it's a hit between drug gangs and that both of these men will have been "known" to police.

Either way, not a redeemable citizen and he should be hung after a proper trial finds him guilty.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:13 am

That's violence. Sick violence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:51 am

Unreal.

When the attacker began fiddling with buttons and trying to drive the bus, Caton says the driver disabled the vehicle.

"While we were watching the door, he calmly walks up to the front with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," said Caton.

Police cruisers arrived about 10 minutes later, he estimates, and officers began directing passengers to school buses to take them to a hotel in Brandon. The attacker picked up the head.

"While we were waiting on the side of the road, he was taunting the police with the head in his hand," said Caton.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:37 am

8O WTF!

The story I read (on ctv.ca) described the attacker as "tall and large". Said after everybody ran off the buss, some of the guys went back on to try and stop him, by then he had removed the poor kid's head.

Victim was only 18 to 20... :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 am

OMG!!! this is horrifying...I actually feel physically ill about this. The victim is so young.

I have taken the Greyhound across Canada so many times...there are some damn sketchy characters, but this is insane. There was a parolee that was let on in Ontario on one greyhound i was on...and he bragged about how he was a rapist and did his time...creeped the fuck out of me...all the guys that were sitting around me moved closer and watched that dude like a hawk...he was removed in Dryden for drinking on the bus....

Damn all those poor people having to witness this...and the kids...HOLY SHIT this is brutal :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:49 am

Good motivation for hand guns. This POS would be dead if somebody on this bus had a gun.

And don't tell me this in one incident, tell that to the poor boys mother I’m sure she'll agree with you even though her boy is dead.

We can all see what a knife can do.

It’s all about the PERSON not the device used.