canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Title: RCMP says 7 of 10 female aboriginal homicides committed by aboriginal offenders
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: ShepherdsDog
Date: 2015-04-10 15:57:29
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:59 pm

And the inevitable declarations of racism will soon ensue. As long as they refuse to confront the evidence, nothing will ever change.

$1:
Interim president of the NWAC Dawn Harvard is uncomfortable that the RCMP went against its policy of releasing the ethnic background of criminals.

Beyond that, though, she has other worries related to the revelation.

"I almost want to say, 'so what.' Does this make it OK? Does this make it any less of a concern?" she said.

Harvard pointed out that in a way the 70 per cent statistic is irrelevant because it is about the same across all ethnicities. She believes the government is using the statistic as a way to discount the need for a national inquiry on missing and murdered indigenous women.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:31 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if 70% of all murderers are spouses.

"What's for dinner, dear?!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:46 pm

Essentially that's what they're saying, spouses and family members, which is the government's reasoning for an inquest into murdered and missing indigenous women not being necessary. They already know who is responsible. You can extrapolate those figures onto any ethnic group, since humans tend to practise endogamy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:50 pm

CBC just called these "surprising statistics." WTF, this has been well known forever, and as the op pointed out is true for all ethnicities.

The Natives want the white man to do something, want the police to protect them more. Yet when the cops do come on the reserve they are treated with mistrust and told to go away, get no co-operation from the Natives. Time for these "nations" to police themselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:52 pm

Time for these "nations" to police themselves.

A lot of them already do. They certainly do around here, anyway.

Hail to the Chief!

He had better be your friend.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:57 pm

$1:
Harvard pointed out that in a way the 70 per cent statistic is irrelevant because it is about the same across all ethnicities. She believes the government is using the statistic as a way to discount the need for a national inquiry on missing and murdered indigenous women.
So ummm, if the stats are about the same across all ethnicities, why the demand for an inquiry specifically for Aboriginal females?
Sounds kind'a racist to me :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:31 pm

$$$$ ka-ching $$$$$ Some are hoping to profit from a tragedy?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:18 pm

Just found out something interesting. Accidental deaths (ie known drownings where bodies aren't recovered - and believe me they happen during freeze up and thaw, and obvious runaways - kids and women fleeing abuse) are included in the 'missing' numbers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:05 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:17 am

Unfortunately another number can be added to the list of murdered women

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.3029845

$1:
RCMP in Pelican Narrows, Sask. have called the death of a 24-year-old woman suspicious.

Officers responded to reports of an unresponsive woman at a home at the Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation in northeast Saskatchewan at around 1:35 p.m CST on Saturday afternoon.

Local EMT declared the woman dead at the scene.

Another woman was murdered there in October of 2013, beaten to death by her nephew I believe. Last year he was found dead in his cell in PA after he hanged himself. I've been fishing there. it's a beautiful place, but life there is pretty damn brutal for the locals. Suicide is a problem with their young people, gangs are problematic, alcoholism is rampant - people are literally drinking themselves to death, or wandering outside in the winter while intoxicated and freezing to death.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:48 am

It's an awful situation and I agree it shouldn't need to be considered a racist issue in order to be an issue...