canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:26 pm

What was the main flaw, didn't kiss enough lefty ass? Not gay-friendly enough? I can see bothas being career killers for any politician stuck in a bizzaro-land netherworld like TO.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:31 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Come on Lemmy, I know Ford doesn't measure up to your high-society standards but let's not ignore reality.

Not sure what that means. :?

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Let`s take a look, shall we?

-Balanced the books. Permanent savings.
-Reduced taxes.
-Labour Deals with Unions (No Strikes)
-Garbage Privatization.(West of Yonge)
-2012 Budget less than 2011 budget
-TTC Essential Service Designation.
-Froze Councillor Salaries.
-Reduced Office Budgets.
-Put salaries and expenses online for people to see.

Amazing that such an ineffective mayor was able to do things that no mayor before him could do.

WOW! That's some list of "accomplishments" ROTFL . WOW! Talk about results. And all that in only two years. My god. WOW! I stand corrected. Rob Ford is the greatest mayor since Fiorello La Guaradia. Let's make him mayor of every city in Canada for life.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
WOW! That's some list of "accomplishments" ROTFL . WOW! Talk about results. And all that in only two years. My god. WOW! I stand corrected. Rob Ford is the greatest mayor since Fiorello La Guaradia. Let's make him mayor of every city in Canada for life.

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 pm

$1:
Ford testified in court in September, revealing that he had never read the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act he is accused of breaking, nor the handbook given to city councillors that spells out the rules for declaring conflicts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/11/25/toronto-ford-conflict-case-decision-release.html

Interesting....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm

It'll get tied up in court for ages.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:28 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
$1:
Ford testified in court in September, revealing that he had never read the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act he is accused of breaking, nor the handbook given to city councillors that spells out the rules for declaring conflicts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/11/25/toronto-ford-conflict-case-decision-release.html

Interesting....

Top excuses when you're caught...

#1 - I didn't do it
#2 - I didn't know I couldn't do it
#3 - He did it first
#4 - Everybody does it

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Funny how the lefties are appearing on TV with silly smirks on their faces. :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:41 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:

One day, somebody here is going to have to explain to me why everything political, and even a few things non-political, automatically becomes a left-right thing. :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm

raydan raydan:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

One day, somebody here is going to have to explain to me why everything political, and even a few things non-political, automatically becomes a left-right thing. :?

Me too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm

raydan raydan:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

Because it is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm

raydan raydan:
PluggyRug PluggyRug:

I'm not much of a right winger anymore but I think that it's obvious to anyone paying attention that the left gets away with things that the national media goes apeshit with when a right winger does the same thing. If you go by ethical violations alone Jean Chretien should be reviled as much as Brian Mulroney was but because he was a Liberal Chretien kind of got away with all his petty little schemes. Some of his underlings took the fall but Chretien got a pass on everything he did. Why is Rob Ford crucified for the same "I knew nothing" stunt that Chretien and others from his side of the spectrum used all the time?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:00 pm

raydan raydan:

Because people on the right aren't able to comprehend things without simple labels. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
raydan raydan:

Because people on the right aren't able to comprehend things without simple labels. :P

Which way is right again? [huh]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I'm not much of a right winger anymore but I think that it's obvious to anyone paying attention that the left gets away with things that the national media goes apeshit with when a right winger does the same thing. If you go by ethical violations alone Jean Chretien should be reviled as much as Brian Mulroney was but because he was a Liberal Chretien kind of got away with all his petty little schemes. Some of his underlings took the fall but Chretien got a pass on everything he did. Why is Rob Ford crucified for the same "I knew nothing" stunt that Chretien and others from his side of the spectrum used all the time?

No doubt, look at what happened with Trudeau recently. The press pretty much gave him a pass on this, instead of questioning Trudeau most of the press pillared the right for being 'mean' to Justin. If this was Harper even if it was a 30 year old video if he had said no Prime Ministers from Quebec, Harper would of be hounded until he stepped down.

Welcome to the freak show called Canadian politics.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Step right up, folks, it's time to roll out the right-wing "victim wagon" again. Trudeau got a pass and everyone is picking on poor Rob Ford. The media is going apeshit on the poor Cons again.

Let's stack it up shall we. Let's look at the actual evidence. Trudeau made some unfavourable comments about Albertans. If he indeed got a "free pass" then you wouldn't have heard about it at all. The papers wouldn't have picked it up...but they did. I'd say you have an close analogy with Stephen Harper's comments to an American business club prior to his making it as top dog. They weren't that nice, he probably regretted them, but in the final analysis, despite the wailing and rending of clothes of a few, Harper prevailed.

As for Jean Chretien and his Liberals, the drubbing they received at the hands of the electorate should put to rest any silliness that they got an easy ride. Again, there is a very good analogy with Kim Campbell and the PCs following Mulroney's last years, when everyone was sick of him.

Did Ezra give Trudeau a free pass? Charles Adler? The NeoCon editorial stable at the National Post? Our own CKA editorialist, JJ? No, no, no and no.

Can you say pity party?