CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:53 am

Strutz Strutz:

Not the first time I've heard about someone "falling" out of a hospital window. Who designed these windows? :?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:45 am

raydan raydan:
Strutz Strutz:

Not the first time I've heard about someone "falling" out of a hospital window. Who designed these windows? :?

Designed by the FSB. Lots of people accidentally fall out of windows in Russia.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:02 pm

Assassinations Of Russia-Installed Officials On the Rise in Occupied Ukraine
$1:
The tempo of such killings in Russian occupied Ukraine has risen in recent weeks as the Kremlin looks to accelerate the political integration of occupied Ukraine into Russia and Kyiv pushes forward with an offensive to retake land around the strategic city of Kherson.

About Kremlin plans for referendums on joining Russia in occupied Ukraine, no concrete timetable for such votes has yet been put in place.

Either way, if Kyiv's counteroffensive in southern Ukraine stalls, the number and frequency of assassinations by Ukranian partisans could rise, Skorkin said, as "Spreading chaos" in the rear of Russian troops becomes a substitute for retaking territory.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:36 pm

Scape Scape:

Looks like The Enforcer is well and truly fucked. :(

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Well the channel is still up:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-eRx ... /community

$1:
Good morning everyone! Today is the second day of the two week timeout and hopefully we will be making progress towards having the copyright strikes removed today. There is no guarantees however, but I'm trying to stay optimistic as we wait this out

Our channel has gotten a copyright strike, and because of this YouTube will not allow me to stream for the next 7 days. This has come as a massive shock to me as I was making my video for today and opened up my channel seeing that YouTube told me that a legal takedown request had been given to them over a video clip I had used on August 24th. At this moment the Strike stands, but I have reached out to the copyright holder and hopefully they will understand that no infringement was intended and will lift the Strike.

He frequently would play videos WITH audio and was warned numerous times not to do that. YT doesn't screw around with that. Frankly, it was overdue. He needed to just stick to the news. The stream was getting WAY too bloated. Yes, he was racking up major funds for Ukraine supporting charities but he can't play copyrighted music on streams, FULL STOP.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:47 pm

Keep reading:

$1:
We are preparing for the worst now that we see YouTube will not protect us from predatory channels, and we need you all to read this just in case is bad goes to worse.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-eRx ... /community

As he explained on the stream, it was a takedown notice for a clip he shared from DW. It's a troll, using the rules to silence the opposition.

He went out of his way to make sure no clips he used had music in them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:58 pm

Even if this was a troll he should have known better. I have seen him play countless clips with audio, even if it is only a few beats YT can be sued. No excuses.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab1xK9I ... WL&index=1

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:24 pm

Scape Scape:
Even if this was a troll he should have known better. I have seen him play countless clips with audio, even if it is only a few beats YT can be sued. No excuses.

Oh, I know it. They tried to shut down one of my clips because the background noise on one was from a radio station in Djbouti in 1991 was somehow playing a recent tune where the composer wasn't even born in 1991. Fighting bots is frustrating. And I can't even log on to that account now, because they want my phone number as 'verification'.

But fair use is still permitted, by the same laws that grant copyrights. He wasn't claiming the clips were his own, he wasn't trying to monetize them, and he shut them down when he realized they might be copyrighted. To shut the guy completely off for 2 weeks is why the trolls do it. They can never win the battle, but some temporary victory is better than none.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:59 pm

Preaching to the choir but bots don't know/care what fair use is and the human reviewers are just bots with better hairstyles. The sheer volume of videos needed to review is like a firehose best policy is not to even show up on their radar at all even if you are in the right. Just like your right of way to cross the street as a pedestrian, sure the car is in the wrong to hit you but you're still dead if it does. Pyric victory at best there.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6423 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 244  245  246  247  248  249  250 ... 429  Next