CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
sandorski sandorski:
stratos stratos:

"I don't understand why these yo yos ...."

The above can be considered an insult and the way it is used seems to be meant as one.

Thus a sign of intolerance thru insult.

Ahh no. An Insult is not Intolerance. Giving people a Moment of Silence to Pray to their God/whatever is Tolerance.

And demanding it's removal isn't.

Demanding the removal of a sectarian/mandatory Prayer is not Intolerance. Insisting on it is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:09 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Demanding the removal of a sectarian/mandatory Prayer is not Intolerance. Insisting on it is.

No, no. "We're tolerant. We've got both kinds of music here. Country, and Western."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:59 am

sandorski sandorski:

[laughat]

The mental gymnastics to come up with such a convoluted conclusion puts you right in the same group as our resident troll andy.

Funny enough, he agrees with you 100%.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:05 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
sandorski sandorski:

[laughat]

The mental gymnastics to come up with such a convoluted conclusion puts you right in the same group as our resident troll andy.

Funny enough, he agrees with you 100%.

Uhhh, no. It is not I performing gymnastics here. If you'd take a few minutes to think about things rather than fail comebacks, you might just see why.

This is about Liberty for all, not Privilege for some.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:21 am

Knight1911 Knight1911:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:
Don't bother, he doesn't even understand the difference between a moment of silence, which nobody has a problem with, including the SCC, and an out loud prayer to a particular deity during a government function. Yet he would shit his britches if somebody at at government function started a function with "Allahu Akbar..."

[laughat]
Awful bitch lately Andy, didn't get promoted to full time at Times?

An apparent christian, calling someone a "bitch".. how typical...

A complete fucking moron being a moron. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:21 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Bull-fucking-shit. If this was a room designated for religious Christian instruction in a public school you'd be soapboxing away about it, going on about how those sneaky Christians are trying to force their religion into the public school system.
One again, you can't reasonably argue that a publicly funded entity can't have prayer while another publicly funded entity can hold religious instruction during operational hours.

How can you not see the difference between an organization that simply provides a room for religious groups to practice their religious rituals PRIVATELY and one where the the organization ACTUALLY LEADS the religous rituals and does it PUBLICLY???

These are not the same not matter what type of pretzel logic you try to employ.

Boy, for someone who's a "feminist", you're sure willing to throw that under the bus in order to excuse religious instruction in our schools by a religion that openly practices sexism.

Like I said in a different thread, it's always fun watching die-hard lefties when their "all-inclusive" ideology collides with itself.

And since as you say, the religious rituals are private, then let them hold their instruction in a private facility instead of a taxpayer funded, public facility during operational hours.

Once again, and I'll type slower so you can read it easier, you can't argue for separation of Church and state and then make exceptions for a particular religion, period!
Let me put it this way. If the public schools allowed Christian prayer back in and decided that only those who wanted to take part could make their way to the auditorium or gymnasium for a group prayer before classes, I somehow don't believe that you'd be making the same excuses as you are for Valley Park Middle School.

And I'm almost positive that andy would go into an apoplectic fit over it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:27 am

Well, andy keeps telling us how tolerant he is, except when he isn't. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 am

Let me put it this way. If the public schools allowed Christian prayer back in and decided that only those who wanted to take part could make their way to the auditorium or gymnasium for a group prayer before classes, I somehow don't believe that you'd be making the same excuses as you are for Valley Park Middle School.

Well you've put up a brave fight against your strawman, but with the real man you lose. I have no problem with what you describe, as long as the same space is made available for any other religious group as well. In fact I think its a good idea, prayer can have all sorts of benefits. My only objection is allowing only only one groups prayer, or doing it in a way that forces it on people.

What the fuck is this deal about having to pray out loud and inflicting your particular prayer on everybody else? Have a period of silence before, during, or after any event. Go for it, pray your ass off silently. But that's not good enough for the religious zealots, whatever religion they come from - they always want to shove their beliefs down everybody else's throats. Doesn't matter if they're Christian or Muslim, the motivation is the same.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:10 am

if you want to pray, pray silently. So everyone can pray to whatever in peace and no one has prevalence over anyone else.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:15 am

andyt andyt:

Well you've put up a brave fight against your strawman, but with the real man you lose. same.

Fuck, how can you spew such bullshit with a straight face. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:19 am

Knight1911 Knight1911:
if you want to pray, pray silently. So everyone can pray to whatever in peace and no one has prevalence over anyone else.

Matthew 6:6 Matthew 6:6:
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:20 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:

Well you've put up a brave fight against your strawman, but with the real man you lose. same.

What's so important about one religion being privileged over all others to you? Do you get some sort of boner from it?

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:27 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Knight1911 Knight1911:

Matthew 6:6 Matthew 6:6:
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

That's a good point Caleb. I remember being taught that in my catholic school, funny they prayed in the morning, and in the gym during services etc. Somewhat hypocritical.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am

When that bible quote was written, Christianity was a small, persecuted sect. People didn't join it for the power and status it gave them, but because they were true believers. Then Christianity became a state religion, and it all went to hell. It became what Jesus railed against with the Pharisees - outward demonstrations of piety, inward hypocrisy.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:32 am

Knight1911 Knight1911:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:

What's so important about one religion being privileged over all others to you? Do you get some sort of boner from it?

Boner? How old are you?

Go join your buddy andy in the moron pool dickhead. :roll: