Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:06 pm

Two parallels.

Jamaica calls on army to stem soaring murder rate

Jamaicans are involved in alot of the gun violence in Toronto.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:13 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
tritium tritium:
The problem is simple, get rid of the "Liberal" jail terms and start putting these fuckers in jail.

Once they show up in court they get some community service or a light sentence and are back out on the street.

Put them away. Gang related offenses should be delt with a heavy hand.

I think I made the argument that harsher penalties will not achieve that goal.

You mean rather than arresting the criminal then sending to back to the streets under laws created by the Liberals, you know the ones, everyone is worth reabilitating. :roll:

Toss these criminal in prision for 10 or 15 years (rather than 3 or 5) where the only crime they will be preforming is being a bitch to Big Bubba.

If they are in prision, they won't be selling drugs or killing "innocent" people on city streets.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:30 pm

Ripcat Ripcat:
Two parallels.

It's simple.

Most are ethnic gangs from Haiti and Jamaica.

I dont know but maybe immigration from these countries should be looked at and changes need to be done.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:17 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
$1:
Giorgio Mammoliti, who represents York West, admits the idea may be a little "out there,"

Hey, I've got and idea that "may be a little out there". Try getting your MP's to vote for stiffer penalties for gun offenses. That way, maybe these poor, disenfranchised, gangbangers could be put into a facitlity that controls their animalistic urge to kill, maim and terrorize the general population.

There's nothing better for the rehabilitation of these little savages than the prospect of having their brown eye violated regularly by a warm cuddly roomy named bubba for the next 10 years.

this riding voted for judy sgro as there liberal mp so what can they expect , but seriously if they don't increase jail terms or increase penalties for gun crimes , what kind of punishment are the courts going to be able to hand out ?

and what would the army be able to do to these " gangsters " as this is an urban area full of apartments and people.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:28 am

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
Ripcat Ripcat:
Two parallels.

It's simple.

Most are ethnic gangs from Haiti and Jamaica.

I dont know but maybe immigration from these countries should be looked at and changes need to be done.

this idea would likey go over even worse in the toronto media and with politicians , they want no part of blaming the jamaicans for these crimes .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:55 am

The army isn't suppose to do anything, like they are doing in Afghanistan they are just there to help while the Afghan Police do there job's and do the arresting. They are just backup, and support.

Eventually if a fire fight goes down, wouldn't it be usefull to have the CF who is much better equiped to be there?

It is no doubt that Canadian Police aren't that experienced with gang related violence since we do not get very much usually. CF, who is trained for that and somewhat already experienced would be a much better help to stop gang violence. I mean, the Canadian Forces are the most well training soldiers in the world. They get the best training, and they prove it in Afghanistan. I am sure that if they can do there jobs there with inflicting low, if none at all casualties to Afghanistan Civilians. I am sure they can do a much better job at that in TO fighting Gangs.

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:33 am

$1:
"I'm not talking about tanks, I'm not talking about armed guards on corners, I'm not talking about any of that," Mammoliti said of his plan on Thursday.

"I'm talking about bringing the resources and the tools that the army has at their fingertips to be able to resolve the problem immediately, so the army is a good way to do that."

Bringing in the army?? Where in the hell do you guys get that from? He says the tools and resources that the army has to offer.

We need harsher sentences. Immigration needs to be reviewed and add more Police officers on the streets.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:31 pm

$1:
"I'm not talking about tanks, I'm not talking about armed guards on corners, I'm not talking about any of that," Mammoliti said of his plan on Thursday.

"I'm talking about bringing the resources and the tools that the army has at their fingertips to be able to resolve the problem immediately, so the army is a good way to do that."

Not sure what these other "resources and tools" buddy is talking about. Does he mean Howitzers? Sniper rifles? Bisons? I love it when people use the army as a knee jerk reaction to solve whatever problem that should be solved at the municipal level. If city council wishes to have the army come in to police the city then city council should be ready to hand over governance of the city to the Federal Government.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:52 pm

Lavics Lavics:
$1:

Bringing in the army?? Where in the hell do you guys get that from? He says the tools and resources that the army has to offer.

We need harsher sentences. Immigration needs to be reviewed and add more Police officers on the streets.

The "tools and resources" that the army brings are weapons and the will to use them, something I don't think Mammoliti understands. In fact, I don't think he really knows anything about the military or the process involved for it to be deployed as an "Aide to Civil power". If Toronto has a problem that it can't control with the number of police it has, then the people of Toronto should stop voting for a government that is basically anti-cop and instead vote for a government that will give them more police to do the job.

DerbyX DerbyX:
less gun ownership.
I'll try to find the info but I remember reading that Canada actually has MORE guns per capita than the US. The problem isn't guns but an inherently more violent culture down south. With our culture being somewhat more passive, maybe harsher sentences might work.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:32 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
The "tools and resources" that the army brings are weapons and the will to use them, something I don't think Mammoliti understands. In fact, I don't think he really knows anything about the military or the process involved for it to be deployed as an "Aide to Civil power". If Toronto has a problem that it can't control with the number of police it has, then the people of Toronto should stop voting for a government that is basically anti-cop and instead vote for a government that will give them more police to do the job.

Then the solution to that problem is to allow the problem to fester to the point that a fundamental shift in attitude happens in Toronto and surrounding areas. It must not be a big enough problem for Torontonians if they're not willing to change their leadership.

DerbyX DerbyX:
less gun ownership. I'll try to find the info but I remember reading that Canada actually has MORE guns per capita than the US. The problem isn't guns but an inherently more violent culture down south. With our culture being somewhat more passive, maybe harsher sentences might work.

Actually that is very astute DerbyX. Since if you put a gun in a good man's hand he'll not do much harm. Put a gun in the hand of a bored, suburbanite kid and you might just get him thinking that today's the day to "settle some scores". It is a difference in people indeed.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:55 pm

The perfect issue for the Cons eh, an opportunity to bash Toronto, Immigration and the Legal system all in one thread.
Sorry to burst your bubble but almost all of these gangsters are born and bred here, the days of Yardies causing most gun violence in Toronto are long gone they're either back in Jamaica, dead or in prison but yes I know they're usually black so this must be an immigrant problem :roll:
As for more cops, well yeah maybe we need more cops or maybe we need to have a few less cops guarding pothole repairs and movie shoots and a few more doing some real overtime instead of paid duty.
Toronto council are the biggest bunch of dysfunctional attention hungry weirdos going, regardless of politicla persuasion and Mammoliti is one of the worst, pretty much nothing that comes out of his mouth is worth paying attention too but in municipal politics its all about name recognition so that's why he's continually re-elected.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:13 pm

Toronto is not my problem it is the problem of those who live in or around Toronto. So I don't care if the gangsters are home-grown. If they are Jamaican, Russian or Chinese immigrants. I don't care if they are black, white or yellow. And neither should those who live there since that has very little bearing on those people being criminals. What those people who DO live in Toronto or nearby should concern themselves with is who represents them and how? If they aren't effective than rally against them. Con's will be cons. If this was a conservative city like Calgary or Edmonton then I'd see some liberal's poking fun at them. It's par for the course. However, I don't live there so it's not up to me to change things there it's up to you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 pm

tritium tritium:
DerbyX DerbyX:
tritium tritium:
The problem is simple, get rid of the "Liberal" jail terms and start putting these fuckers in jail.

Once they show up in court they get some community service or a light sentence and are back out on the street.

Put them away. Gang related offenses should be delt with a heavy hand.

I think I made the argument that harsher penalties will not achieve that goal.

You mean rather than arresting the criminal then sending to back to the streets under laws created by the Liberals, you know the ones, everyone is worth reabilitating. :roll:

Toss these criminal in prision for 10 or 15 years (rather than 3 or 5) where the only crime they will be preforming is being a bitch to Big Bubba.

If they are in prision, they won't be selling drugs or killing "innocent" people on city streets.

The old blame the Liberal game is getting old.

I suppose then we must give full credit to the Liberals for the peaceful and prosper country we live in then.

Love Canada? Thank a Liberal.

If harsh sentences worked as well as you sink then why is there crime in places wirth draconian laws? Why do crimes happen in California with its 3 strikes laws? Why are crime rates greater there?

Harsh penalties are not a guarantee for lower crimes. Targetting repeat offenders and career criminals with harsh sentences is fair game though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:27 pm

Don't bring in the Army, but rather train a group of cops in every city specifically for the purpose that the army would do. The only tac team outside of the RCMP that I know of is in Toronto. They want more? How about they make that bigger.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:46 pm

kevlarman kevlarman:
Toronto is not my problem it is the problem of those who live in or around Toronto. So I don't care if the gangsters are home-grown. If they are Jamaican, Russian or Chinese immigrants. I don't care if they are black, white or yellow. And neither should those who live there since that has very little bearing on those people being criminals. What those people who DO live in Toronto or nearby should concern themselves with is who represents them and how? If they aren't effective than rally against them. Con's will be cons. If this was a conservative city like Calgary or Edmonton then I'd see some liberal's poking fun at them. It's par for the course. However, I don't live there so it's not up to me to change things there it's up to you.

FYI kev, Edmonton traditionally has the highest murder rate of any Canadian city, with other "conservative" western cities like Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg all higher than "liberal" Toronto and Montreal, and I haven't seen anyone poking any fun from here about it.