Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:57 pm

$1:
You are just stating how you feel in an aggressive manner.

I did not mean for it to be aggressive. Sorry if you took it that way.

$1:
I'm not saying it is entirely successful

Okay, so then say that it is not entirely successful rather than just "successful".

$1:
but I wouldn't call it a total failure.

I never said it was. I said it was an overall failure.

$1:
Well no shit people need our help. Is that just the Commonwealth's job to help the poor? Until all members live like Canada it has failed?

No, but you have to realise that all of us were affected by Colonialism at around the same time. In other words, we've all had the same amount of time(give or take a decade or so) to shape ourselves and our future. Wait, nevermind. The British shaped it for us...

$1:
That was never really it's purpose it was just created to give people a body to bring up matters in a closer circle of peoples with closer relations with one another and building upon the old we had in the BE.

If that isn't it's purpose, why did you bring it up?

$1:
it was just created to give people a body to bring up matters in a closer circle of peoples with closer relations with one another and building upon the old we had in the BE.

And as bootlegga has said upon his perusal of the forums over there, no one really seems to care anymore. Not even the Brits.

$1:
If you want to help people I don't see you volunteering or what have you done lately for anyone?

Well of course you haven't seen me do anything because you're on the other side of the continent, jackass. :roll:

I also don't go trumpeting about about what I've done for this world. I find that defeats the purpose, makes me look like an ass, and it isn't really my style.

If you really wanna know, these are some of the groups and Organizations I have worked with...

Nelson Mandela Children's Fund
Amnesty International
UNESCO

Some side projects.

World House Project
Project Love
Free Hugs
Close Guantanamo

and let's not forget donations...

$1:
You are generalising by just referring to them all as "Africans" like everyone there is all the same when they are not.

A) Sorry for offending you.

B) You KNOW what I'm getting at. Stop dodging...

$1:
Might as well say we are all Americans because we live in the Americas.

Well, technically...

$1:
Well if you actually bothered to read the website you would know more about it. Unless you are illiterate or cannot comprehend a basic understanding of English what is the problem?

You got me. I'm illiterate. So please tell me what the Commonwealth has done.

*listens attentively*

$1:
The UN was never really a success and if it was it was only because the Americans sided with it or was in their interests and the world followed along. If they didn't follow along the Americans did it anyway.

ROTFL

You're just too precious... :lol:

Need I remind you that during the Suez Crisis, there were 3 sides that were gearing for war? The UN prevented that possible WWIII from happening. ANd of course people kept fighting after, but it was different factions! Before(during Suez Crisis), it was Egypt vs. Europe. This time around, it was Egypt vs. Israel.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:59 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
I fail to see how the Commonwealth is successful, in many different ways...

The Commonwealth does a fair bit better than the UN.

My first trip to Canada was in 1994 during the Commonwealth Games (I had no idea what was going on) in Victoria and I met reams of great people.

The Commonwealth isn't perfect, but compared to the UN it is a raging success.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:04 pm

$1:
The Commonwealth does a fair bit better than the UN.

Like?

$1:
My first trip to Canada was in 1994 during the Commonwealth Games (I had no idea what was going on) in Victoria and I met reams of great people.

And that does?

$1:
The Commonwealth isn't perfect, but compared to the UN it is a raging success.

Well sure, any organization compared to the current UN looks a million times better. :roll: Hell, my bogus one PWGD looks better than the UN the way it is right now. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:03 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
A large minority of Canadians consider themselves to have British or Irish roots and this country was built by Loyalist Americans and Brits/Irish.

Have some respect for our culture and heritage.

Oh yea, happy Commonwealth Day!

R=UP

Happy Commonwealth Day!

God Save the Queen.

(a loyal Canadian, from a long line of loyal Canadians)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:33 pm

I could come up with some replies but I give up. I just wanted to post what the Queen wanted to say. Happy Commonwealth Day!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm

$1:
I could come up with some replies but I give up.

Attachments:
Conacceptedburn.jpg
Conacceptedburn.jpg [ 19.95 KiB | Viewed 165 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm

Happy Commonwealth Day! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:31 pm

$1:
No need to say shit like that about Aunty Betty Windsor AM.

My deepest apologies. We have an old prim priss for a Queen. :wink:

$1:
Don't tell me you are like so many 'new' Canadians and have no time for Canada's heritage and tradition?

ROTFL

You really haven't read my past posts, have you? :lol:

I do care for Canada's heritage and tradition. I'm one of the few people who even care to learn more about it. I love how you just waltz in here and begin to make assumptions and accusations. Besides, this isn't the issue here, so stop trying to change the subject. I digress...

P.S. what do you mean by new? My family has been here since 1535! :lol:

$1:
A large minority of Canadians consider themselves to have British or Irish roots and this country was built by Loyalist Americans and Brits/Irish.

I am a member of both those groups...

$1:
Have some respect for our culture and heritage.

Oh, piss off. I do have respect for my culture and heritage. This is not the issue at hand. The issue is whether or not the statement "The success of the Commonwealth" is truly valid. Can you not see that?

In refelection AM, you are right.
My comments re 'new Canadian' were quite unfair. You have always been quite the nationalist, despite our inherent differences I respect you.

Please accept my apologies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:48 pm

$1:
My comments re 'new Canadian' were quite unfair. You have always been quite the nationalist, despite our inherent differences I respect you.

Apology accepted. :D

You're a good guy, EyeBrock. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 pm

$1:

Apology accepted. :D

You're a good guy, EyeBrock. :wink:

Not that good of a guy but my viewpoint is always open for change, as I have noted, is yours.

Good night mate!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:58 pm

$1:
Not that good of a guy but my viewpoint is always open for change, as I have noted, is yours.

Good night mate!

G'night mate! :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:24 pm

Burn? :?: