Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Nowadays, we're more worried about Number One to worry about our group and society. Individualistic, Selfish, Unhelpful. We also feel it's not our responsibility to help the group and society anymore. "Someone is paid to help those people, why should I step in?" or "Why risk myself over someone who's never done a thing for me?".

It's depressing.

True story. On the flip side, all too often you'll see someone try to be helpful above and beyond necessity, and have it ever so quickly forgotten the moment "something better comes along". That's simply the sad state of our society. Sad, depressing, sickening... Yep. Does that mean you have to stop being one of those scant few good people? Hell no. Just don't let it get to you when it seems as though it was all for naught.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:23 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
My next door neighbour and Akido instructor in my younger days had a some good words of wisdom. If you get into a scrape and a knife is pulled on you, no matter how good at fighting you think you are, run like hell, keep your eyes peeled for a large branch or piece of stray metal pipe or anyting else heavy and handy, and if you find one, turn around and bash his fucking skull in if he's still chasing you. :wink:

Well, nobody on that bus with Vince Lee had a large branch or metal pipe. Most of them were probably asleep when the commotion started. So they ran. To call them all cowards, well as I said, show us how tough you are in a similar situation - and for real, not just on the internet. Maybe we can sing your praises posthumously.