canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:15 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=21593" target="_blank">Turkey masses 50,000 troops on Iraq boarder</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/13-military" target="_blank">Military</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Scape" target="_blank">Scape</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-05-18 07:23:45
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:15 am

Most important political Question that can be answered.. If Iraq was to attack turkey from behind would greece help?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:35 am

Maybe they are getting ready for a mass exodus of refugees trying to enter Turkey, if the United States pulls out of Iraq.

The Britsh use to rule Iraq (Purshia)

A quote from Winston Churchill written in a letter in 1928, "We are sitting a-top an ungrateful volcano."

Sound like the US occupation of Iraq today.

Last edited by tritium on Sat May 19, 2007 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:41 am

twister twister:
Most important political Question that can be answered.. If Iraq was to attack turkey from behind would greece help?

Truthfully I would say no. Only do to the fact that the other NATO countries would by treaty be forced to come to the AID of Turkey and fight Greece. Or do I have the stipulations of the treaty all screwed up?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:25 am

stratos stratos:
Truthfully I would say no. Only do to the fact that the other NATO countries would by treaty be forced to come to the AID of Turkey and fight Greece. Or do I have the stipulations of the treaty all screwed up?

What planet are you on? Don't you mean Iraq?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:27 am

Turkey and Greece are tolerating eachother now.

Turkey is still hungrily after Kurds as per usual. Kurds are in Armenia, Kurdistan(northern Iraq) and some parts of Turkey.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:43 am

Both Turkey and Greece are part of the NATO alliance that states if one is attacked all other signers shall aid the one attacked. From what was asked if Greece would attack Turkey when Turkey was fighting with Iraq I gave my answer.

Or was the question about IF Greece would come to the AID of Turkey. In that case they would probely request compensation via sole rule of some of the islands in despute between the two. In the end Greece at most would send a token force and some money or supplies.

One best understand that when it comes to Turkey and Greece neither is very inclinde to help the other period.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:37 am

tritium tritium:
Maybe they are getting ready for a mass exodus of refugees trying to enter Turkey, if the United States pulls out of Iraq.

The Britsh use to rule Iraq (Purshia)

A quote from Winston Churchill written in a letter in 1928, "We are sitting a-top an ungrateful volcano."

Sound like the US occupation of Iraq today.

Except the British managed to control the Iraqis are lot better than the Americans are doing.

Also, "Purshia" is the name of a flower.

The name of the country is Persia, and Persia is Iran.