Title: Vatican asked by judge to serve Pope papers
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-10-01 18:51:34

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:08 pm

I would like to to see the Pope voluntarily release the documents, but as the documents outside of the United States I don't see how we can exend our law to another country in this case the Vatican City State.

I would think the Pope would want to cooperate if he ever wants to cooperate if he ever wants to clear up this scandle, but I'n note sure how a US judge can require a foreign government to release documnets in another document.

If this documents are in the States, that is one thing, but if they are overseas I don'r see it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:36 pm

They say it's a long shot.

So I'm guessing this won't do anything.

Except perhaps show the nails in the coffin of funny hats and cult followers.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:55 am

I think the organised structure, vactican and the pope have done more damage to the catholic faith than anything else. I admire most catholics for their strong beliefs and are the most practising christians I've seen and this just tarnishes them and their faith.

AFAIK the faith is christian and stems from the bible and I don't ever recall anywhere in the bible it says that there needs to be a Vactican or a pope, I think the best thing would be to dissolve this institution.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:40 am

The Catholic Church, and most other organized Churches, go against most things that Jesus taught, and to question their authority was once a sentence of death. It incorporated pagan traditions(the cult of Mary, celibate clergy, heirarchal priesthood that was supposed to have ended with the destruction of the Temple, Papal infallibility, idolatry) and brought polytheism(Trinitarianism) into what was supposed to have been a monotheistic faith.

Jesus is quoted throughout the Gospels as saying that God is 'our' father, not just his, over and over. I doubt Jesus or his disciples would recognize most modern Churches nor they Jesus, if they ever met.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:56 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
The Catholic Church, and most other organized Churches, go against most things that Jesus taught, and to question their authority was once a sentence of death. It incorporated pagan traditions(the cult of Mary, celibate clergy, heirarchal priesthood that was supposed to have ended with the destruction of the Temple, Papal infallibility, idolatry) and brought polytheism(Trinitarianism) into what was supposed to have been a monotheistic faith.

Jesus is quoted throughout the Gospels as saying that God is 'our' father, not just his, over and over. I doubt Jesus or his disciples would recognize most modern Churches nor they Jesus, if they ever met.

Not to get into a religious argument, but yes your right. I could give you a lot more points aswell, but this is not the place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:14 am

Even though I'm more of an agnostic leaning towards deism, I still have the bias of my earlier beliefs. My problems with Christianity, I based on what I found in the Old and New Testament, and the pracitices of the Church. I'm not convinced that Mohammed was a prophet or that the Koran was given to him by Gabriel. And even if it is true, man has written and rewritten it so many times that it too now has flaws.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:48 am

Like I said this isn't the place.