canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:31 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I think the slap was cheap, but the joke was cheaper.

Even though I never liked Stephen Harper, I never wrote anything about Mrs. Harper or the Harperlings. People hate Justin Trudeau and/or his father, but no one talks about his sister or mother.

There are lines you don't cross in civil society. I even think Sir Hopkins or Mr. Washington would have got up there and belted Mr. Rock. Will Smith took it too far, but I don't fault his wanting to defend his wife from ridicule.

The family members that you are talking about are not in the "business", therefore they should get a pass from the press. The press that is, not comedians or the public. Will Smith's wife IS in the business. She is an actress. Every pompous douchebag in the audience is fair game.

I bet no one would be defending this violence if it was a white man or a right winger doing the slapping. Imagine if it was Clint Eastwood or Kevin Sorbo that had slapped Chris Rock's face. The show would not have played out. A full scale riot would have ensued. More double standards from the left.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6fnuhl ... WL&index=8

Drinker makes great points. Chris was a professional showman for holding it together. True, the joke was crass but he's not there to spew pabulum and that the reason why the Oscars is bereft of ratings to this point.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:45 pm

Bet Will had the best sex of his entire married life a few hours later just from Jada being so proud of him standing up for her in such a vivid manner. Jada ........ [drool]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:04 pm

rickc rickc:
I bet no one would be defending this violence if it was a white man or a right winger doing the slapping. Imagine if it was Clint Eastwood or Kevin Sorbo that had slapped Chris Rock's face. The show would not have played out. A full scale riot would have ensued. More double standards from the left.

I like how you make up scenarios then get mad at the outcome, and blame the left.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Bet Will had the best sex of his entire married life a few hours later just from Jada being so proud of him standing up for her in such a vivid manner. Jada ........ [drool]

That's the thing that gets me about this. If you watch the clip, initially Will laughs at the bit. And if you didn't know about Jada's alopecia, you'd have thought Rock was just having fun at Jada's expense, nbd.

But then Will looks at his wife, and she's pissed. So Will goes and does what society expects him to do; defend his wife.

But whatever. This will blow over in a few days.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:

I like how you make up scenarios then get mad at the outcome, and blame the left

Pretty imaginative though that anyone would think that Kevin Sorbo would ever be invited to a major awards show. (sorry Rick) 8)

Last edited by Thanos on Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:15 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Pretty imaginative though that anyone would think that Kevin Sorbo would ever be invited to a major awards show. (sorry Rick) 8)

He might get invited to the Razzies...if he's lucky.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:17 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Thanos Thanos:

He might get invited to the Razzies...if he's lucky.

Multi-time Entertainer Of The Year winner at, I dunno, the yearly National Rifle Association and QAnon awards shows.

:mrgreen:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:27 pm

Thanos Thanos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtDS1dP ... WL&index=5

Apparently Chris struck a nerve cuz Will wife sleeping around is a known commodity.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:29 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Chris Rock was lucky it was someone as gentle as Will Smith who slapped him. If it had been some old timey badass like William Holden or Lawrence Tierney they wouldn't have found a single piece of Rock bigger than a postage stamp after the old boy was done with him. :twisted:

Great, now you have me wondering what would have happened if James "Uncle Phil" Avery had been the one to hit Rock.

Fat jokes aside, Avery could be terrifying when the script demanded it. Not to mention the guy was a U.S. Navy veteran who served in Vietnam and was built like a tank.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:37 pm

Chris Rock is lucky that Tupac is dead because if he cut the same sort of joke about him.... 8O

:lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:58 pm

Dumpster fire.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:02 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
rickc rickc:

I like how you make up scenarios then get mad at the outcome, and blame the left.

I don't have to make up shit. Our recent history in the last couple of years is full of American cities being burned to the ground. Riots and looting all courtesy of the left. Prove me wrong. Blacks kill themselves off by the thousands. I do not see BLM (or any left wingers) ever bitching about that. Its only when a black gets killed by a white that the shit hits the fan. A black man battering another black man is no big deal. It happens millions of times every day. ANY white man hitting Chris Rock would have been a show stopper. The cops would have had to make an instant arrest to prevent bedlam. No left wing talking head would be excusing the actions of a white man standing up for his wife by battering a black man. Calls of racism and canceling careers would be the order of the day. The left can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Will Smith should have been arrested the second that he battered Chris Rock, just like you or I would have been. We would have been gang tackled by 10 cops. Tazed and maced as well. We would be in a jail cell today facing numerous charges. No one would have our backs. Thats how it is for the little people. Thats how it should be for these Hollywood douchebags as well.

You are going down a slippery slope when you start letting every person (and not the law) decide where the line is that should not be crossed. YOU say that insulting someone's family is crossing the line, thus deserving of a beatdown. Try using that argument in a criminal court in Canada and see how well it works out for you.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Thanos Thanos:

He was probably getting sloppy seconds or bloody thirds. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:30 pm

rickc rickc:
YOU say that insulting someone's family is crossing the line, thus deserving of a beatdown.

No, I didn't. I wrote it is never appropriate to make jokes about anyone's medical condition, regardless of who they are. I even wrote that Will Smith went too far.

Prove me wrong.