bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:42 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Nyquil hasa yo yo effect. It knocks you out at times and other time the sit works like a stimulant leaving you feeling manic

Exactly... but now that I think of it, it may have been the Dayquil that sent me to hospital. It was a stimulant that was too much for my poor heart. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:15 am

I'll never understand people who use crack or crystal meth for kicks

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:53 am

All the cold symptom remedies your grandmother and uncle Tom Cobbly and all told you about, are 100% auto suggestive.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:36 am

I think you gave me your cold Matsu....

I'm drinkin NeoCitron for it at the moment.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:40 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Garlic, garlic, garlic. It's not like there is a shortage of that here.

I have a similiar diet

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:35 pm

canucker canucker:
I think you gave me your cold Matsu....

I'm drinkin NeoCitron for it at the moment.

You got the virus from your computer

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:42 pm

Note to self:

Don't drink NeoCitron after drinking two cups of coffee. 8O I swear I was high...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:43 pm

$1:
I've heard a product called Cold FX works really well. It's ginseng-based, and people swear by it.

OHHHH YES!
Cold Fx is a miracle! Just follow the directions and in two three days tops you are back to normal.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 1:32 pm

OJ, OJ, OJ!!! Always seems to give me a bit of relief. Just don't take and Actifed just before you go to bed. You can breath sure, but it feels about the same as drinking 3 or 4 redbull in a row :wink:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:49 am

The best home remedy for any type of cold is - the mustard plaster. That's my answer, and I'm sticking to it!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:59 am

The best ways of ealing with a cold are as follows:

Sex: Increase the endorphins, makes ya feel better and get better faster because it makes you happy and being happy boosts your immune system

Sleep: because rest is good

Exercize: Can be in the form of sex, whatever gets you breathign hard because it forces you to clear you lungs which really speeds up recovery.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:03 am

Zoraja Zoraja:
The best ways of ealing with a cold are as follows:

Sex: Increase the endorphins, makes ya feel better and get better faster because it makes you happy and being happy boosts your immune system

Sleep: because rest is good

Exercize: Can be in the form of sex, whatever gets you breathign hard because it forces you to clear you lungs which really speeds up recovery.

And all that too....

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:26 pm

Not sure if you can get it nowadays in Canada, but Olbas Oil is amazing. Rub it on chest, under your nose, on your temples, sinuses, throat, wherever it hurts. Find yourself able to breathe again instantly, and all that squeezy sinus pain melting away....ahhhhh.... I used to get a cold every time I took a flight (nasty air in them planes) but now I put a tiny drop of Olbas Oil just inside each nostril as the plane takes off, I've not been ill since.

Do one of those evil inhalation things, take a small basin/ bucket/ bowl, boil the kettle, get a towel. Fill bowl with half of kettle, add a few drops of Olbas Oil. Head over bowl, covered in towel, breathe in the steam. Hold each burning breath down for as long as possible. When it gets cool, add more hot water and oil, and start again.

If you can't get hold of Oilbas Oil, Eucalyptus and Camphor are good too. Or, if you're near Chinatown, try and find White Flower Oil (aka Pak Fah Yeow). Eye-watering stuff, but good.

Ginger tea: grate an inch of ginger into a small saucepan of boiling water, boil it for 5-10 minutes until good and dark. Add honey.

If you can bear it, here is a powerful remedy:
Equal parts raw ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, grated horseradish and cider vinegar. Best to leave it to sun-infuse for a week or two, shaking every day. (Then keep in the fridge and bring out when needed). But if you need it now, mix it up and leave to stew for a bit, then add a small amount to hot water for a drink to scare the bugs away.

As others have said, wasabi, garlic and lots of water are the best.

Avoid dairy (makes nose runny) and caffeine (weakens immune system). Although I do agree that alchohol is not good when sick, I definitely make an exception for whiskey and rum when you have a cold.

Wear a scarf all the time, even when sleeping. Keep your throat wrapped up warm.

If you have a sore throat and coughing, drink liquorice root tea, (but not too much and for too long if you have high blood pressure). Coltsfoot is a good expectorant if you have a phlegmy chest and want to cough out the goo. Tea from sage and thyme are good for the throat, and tolerable if honey is added.

Hmm, what else?

Lie in bed or on the sofa, watching cheesy movies. Nap. Turn your illness into a welcome chance to take it easy and ignore the rest of the world.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:23 pm

It may work but most of that sounds like it would make me puke

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:23 pm

It may work but most of that sounds like it would make me puke, I think Ill just stick with te sex.