Which should I do?
Stay friends  4%  [ 1 ]
Give her space  31%  [ 8 ]
Say adios forever  65%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 26

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:58 pm

Banff Banff:
It seems like such an enormous difference between a relationship coming apart when you have children versus just being lovers . Sharing your world , and wondering away or drifting apart to other destinys in life is not such a bad thing when children are not involved . My teenage sweetheart keeps telling me that we would make great geriatric companions once our children have grown up and if our spouses were to die before ourselves . In the roughly 200 relationships I had before marriage this would be the only one which may be a future reality but a very slim one at best .The remaining women are just casual parts of growing sharing and living life and who made a difference in my life and likewise for them (no bitter or hard feelings) . If any of us crossed paths in the future it would be nothing more than a simple hello , greeting , a few kind words in respect and appreciation but there would be no reunion or need for the reunion and we would likely carry on going our seperate ways and with no greater intentions than acquaintances . I think it would be fair to say that you are nothing more than piers and crossing paths is comforting in that respect but to challenge the idea that a couple would or should reunite is just not a reality . It is human to feel some degree of mourn or gut wrenching loss with the parting of ways for a period of time but to be friends or reunite any time soon just seems like a basket of reoccurring problems waiting to reentertain themselves and also loaded with complacency and fear of being alone .

you're perfectly right, but remember life will pass by and your children will grow up and them they will depart......so, i mean that they will understand your desition, because sooner or later they will learn that people used to get appart and then, they will forgive you........

the only thing you have to do is to try to meet them as often as you can in a neutral territory like a park, a beach,a chopping mall etc,etc so that there no give room to the intimacy that could give the home you've left.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:44 pm

Eject, Eject, Eject!

Remain civil, don't go out of your way to avoid her, be friendly if you like but thats all. If she wants more and you're still willing, let her make the first moves.

I think trying for that friends angle is going to cause some grief.

Butting out...Now!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:57 pm

8O

RUN FORREST, RUN !!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:26 am

Boot, you guys will aways be friends since you're breake up is in good manner, where you're not a cheating boyfriend nor she's a cheating girlfriend. To solve a "conflict" it takes two parties to set ready to talk but in your case she's not into it. I think the message is clear. All the time and energy you'll spend trying maybe waste at the end........... maybe not. I tend to lean on the first assumption. Let her go. Go your own way, widen your circle of friends, go see them, take a road trip.

Since this break up is still warm and I can see you want to make things right for both of you, go tell her how much you love to get this relationship see the light again, tell her that you're ready to do whatever it takes to make it work. Suggest you both go see a relationship counselor. If she rejects those suggestions then there's no need to stay around............ Keep your head up and walk away...... you'll catch her back in few years later...

Good luck

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:44 am

There can be alot of different feelings after a breakup/potential breakup and one needs to sort things out at their own good pace so here is a little contribution not meant to degrade women but you're going to think irrationally to some degree anyway ...call it my little excerpt to make you laugh cry or both.
"TIME HEALS" whether for better or worse .

look down one post for the video link

Attachments:

I Just Want....swf [ 213.08 KiB | Viewed 105 times ]

Last edited by Banff on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:54 am

http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/Group_X_video.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:02 pm

Banff Banff:

I have to admit that it made me chuckle...thanks.

A big thanks again to everyone for their advice!

Now I just have to decide whether I'm smart enough to take it or not... :?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:42 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Banff Banff:

I have to admit that it made me chuckle...thanks.

A big thanks again to everyone for their advice!

Now I just have to decide whether I'm smart enough to take it or not... :?

ADVICE....is what you seek when you already know the answer...

But wish you didn't !

Good luck Boots