Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:57 pm

It's bad for your mouth, could develop mouth cancer or something like that.

you only live once, during the summer I always enjoy a good cigar after work...nothing wrong with that IMO as long as you don't start smoking chronically and aren't exposed to SHS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am

As Cameron said...you can develop cancer of the tongue and throat cancer. Not to mention kills the taste buds. Cigars are a big cause of canker sores in the mouth...and cause gum disease. Again, cigars are still second hand smoke which you still inhale through your nose to your lungs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:39 am

Everything's bad for you. If you refrain from smoking, drinking, and unhealthy foods, you'll live longer. And even if you don't it'll seem that way.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:54 am

Phhht you could get hit by a car and die tomorrow. Live for today! Do what makes you happy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:00 am

Very true, but what is preventable should be avoided.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:06 am

I enjoy a "good cigar" two or three times a year but not more than that. I don't suspect I do much damage to myself. With that little amount, the body usually cleanses itself out. Since I never smoked cigarettes and I keep myself in shape, I have very clear lungs. This also aids in the body recovering itself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:49 am

SupportingOurTroops SupportingOurTroops:
Very true, but what is preventable should be avoided.

Death isn't preventable. But it should still be avoided. Myself--I'll take five years off the end and enjoy life a little more. I've always been a "quality over quantity" kind of guy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Man I’m jealous!

I quit smoking fifteen years ago; and I don’t miss it one bit. I do however miss having the occasional cigar with the old man while out fishing.

The only way I could quit smoking was to accept that I could never smoke anything ever again; even the odd cigar. I did however promise myself I could take up the pipe at 70. Thirty years to go.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 pm

SideShowCecil SideShowCecil:
Man I’m jealous!

I quit smoking fifteen years ago; and I don’t miss it one bit. I do however miss having the occasional cigar with the old man while out fishing.

The only way I could quit smoking was to accept that I could never smoke anything ever again; even the odd cigar. I did however promise myself I could take up the pipe at 70. Thirty years to go.
What kind of pipe will you be taking?

Hash, crack....? LOL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:22 pm

I smoke more than david koresh 8O

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:24 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:

Hash, crack....? LOL

:lol: Plain old cranky old man pipe. I gave up that other stuff a long long long time ago

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:28 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:

Hash, crack....? LOL

:lol: Plain old cranky old man pipe. I gave up that other stuff a long long long time ago
Just kiddin' ya bud. I knew that's what you meant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 pm

Jeez, I was smoking a pipe at 21 - smoked it every day for 6 months until December hit, and I didn't feel like sitting out on the porch.

With all the dust, fumes, and chemicals I'm working with most days, I figure pipe smoke is the least of my worries.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Man I’m jealous!

Good for you!!! R=UP