canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:26 pm

Why keeps me from being fit?

My chronic laziness, my social life, and too many death marches in high school soured me on the whole concept of exercise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:31 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Wullu, how true! A big majority of young soldiers today don't smoke, don't drink to excess, exercise daily, eat their vitamins and don't hop in the sack with any woman they've only known for 20 minutes! 8O

That being said, I still smoke (trying to quit), still drink (don't want to quit), do my morning PT every day, vitamins?, and don't dare hop in the sack with anyone except my wife! And still the young lads/lasses can't keep up to this 42 year old!

Bottom line is there is no excuse for not being fit, lack of drive or just plain lazy is the only explaination!

Wait, I'll amend that, laid up in a hospital bed with both legs in a cast MIGHT be an excuse, but just barely! :lol:
You can still do sit ups!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:50 pm

Poisson Poisson:
From staying fit? Erm...basically I do nothing but walking a kilometer per day and I'm still a stick - 6'1'' and 61kg.
Holy snapping pooper holes...dude I have bowel movements that weight that much....5'8" and 117kg

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:25 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Wullu, how true! A big majority of young soldiers today don't smoke, don't drink to excess, exercise daily, eat their vitamins and don't hop in the sack with any woman they've only known for 20 minutes! 8O

That being said, I still smoke (trying to quit), still drink (don't want to quit), do my morning PT every day, vitamins?, and don't dare hop in the sack with anyone except my wife! And still the young lads/lasses can't keep up to this 42 year old!

Bottom line is there is no excuse for not being fit, lack of drive or just plain lazy is the only explaination!

Wait, I'll amend that, laid up in a hospital bed with both legs in a cast MIGHT be an excuse, but just barely! :lol:

Jezzz c3po....pretty hard on a guy arn't ya? :P
$1:
Poisson wrote:
From staying fit? Erm...basically I do nothing but walking a kilometer per day and I'm still a stick - 6'1'' and 61kg.

Cut a couple inchs off and add a few klicks then thats me too......although I'd say it's in my genes...father and grandfathers both were slim too. :D I'm fine with that!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:30 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:

That express was done 4 weeks after I got out of leg cast for a busted tibia. The test is so much of a joke now that anyone with the tiniest amount of will can pass the test. Hell you can practically walk the first 2 or 3 stages of the "Run". And yet we still have a 20% failure rate????

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:36 pm

What do you have to do for the test (im guessing its military, and im going to need to take it)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:48 pm

Tricks Tricks:
What do you have to do for the test (im guessing its military, and im going to need to take it)

here ya go Tricks

CF express test

If you have two feet a heart beat, can see lighting and hear thunder you can pass this....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:50 pm

woot hehe

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:55 pm

can you explain what a hand grip is please

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:58 pm

fatbasturd fatbasturd:
can you explain what a hand grip is please

Basically just a meter that you squeeze and it measures how many poundss of pressure you exert in the grip. The total of both hands has to exceed 75.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:25 pm

That's it! 8O Holy shit boys....that ain't good...I just pounded out 23 pushups...I'm 35 and haven't done a pushup in yrs...sure my arms feel like wet noodles but fuck me thats sad that they would only ask me to do 14....fuck!

And you say people still fail? tsk tsk

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:31 pm

So say someone was hypothetically going to join the reserves just because they wanted to complete Basic Training - you're saying anyone could do it now?

I was told it differed between branches of the military... I know a few people in the CG that said it wasn't that bad.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:09 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
So say someone was hypothetically going to join the reserves just because they wanted to complete Basic Training - you're saying anyone could do it now?

I was told it differed between branches of the military... I know a few people in the CG that said it wasn't that bad.

All members of the CF take the same recruit training, army, navy and air force.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Wullu Wullu:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:

Is the JTF2 special ops part of the Canadian forces or a separate entity? I'm pretty sure they don't just have 'basic' training.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:13 pm

Wullu Wullu:

Well, I asked one of my CG friends (ie, a musician) and she said she did her training in a group of CGs, and that regular infantry training was a lot different.