CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:52 pm

Hey CKA; This is by Dr. Hardy Limeback at U of TO, Head of Preventive Dentistry:

http://www.fluoridealert.org/limeback.htm

That's if you are concerned with the risks of fluoride

Michelle

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:25 pm

So there are really two reasons neither of whcih have been proven according to his own accounts, not particularily convinicing

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:16 pm

It's reason enough for me, that we are being dosed with a dangerous biotoxin, to opt for spring water and fluoride-free toothpaste. There are other insidious effects that are not covered in this article.

When a (Cdn) guy like Dr. Limeback pretty much does a 180 on what his profession has religiously promoted over the last 50yrs or so, I kind of lend him my ear and take heed.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:23 pm

I dunno, I guess it could be bad, I would jsut want more conclusiv eevidence, actual studies that he based his ideas on, clinical tests and such.

As well, although it may be bad, I think there are a lot of things that we consume that are far worse, aspartame, acesulfame potassium, saccharin, and those are only artificial sweeteners, lets not forget pesticides, herbicides, animals fed other animals, plasitc, and tons of other stuff. Fluoride jsut doesnt seem the thing that would be on the top of my list of things to be worried about.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:53 pm

Absolutely! We are bombarded with toxins continuously, I do what I can to lessen my exposure. This one was easy to do. At the same time, I avoid everything else in city water. (OK, yes, I'm trusting 'Millenium Mist' here)

A story that may be sidetracking......

I had a terrible rash that started last year, I thought it was eczema but it was different and terribly itchy, so bad, I would draw blood, (these nails; my fault), anyway, I tried everything until after almost a year, I put a small filter on my shower head, (thank you CTC), on a hunch and sure enough, the rash disappeared in about 2wks. Thinking back to what could have changed, the city water's chlorine levels seemed to have increased during the same period. (smell) But I have a very powerful imagination. :) Anyway, nice to have smooth skin again.

Nice to meet you Zoraja
Have to go get my kid
Michelle

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:59 pm

WOw thats really intersting. Ive had a hives on my arms for about two years, but Im allergic to w whole lot of crap and I hate allergy shots and pills so I am assuming thats whats caused it, never considered chlorine though.

I agree with you about trying to not eat too many chemicals. If I could I would only have organic fruits and vegetables, grain fed meats, and so on. The problem is money. Being a student ever cent I spend puts me further into debt so I have to be cheap. And that usually means processed crap. I buy better stuff when I can, it sjust not as often as I would like.

P.S. I like your sig.