canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm

As everyone can tell, We've become a huge Grande Prairie Storm fans since moving here. (complete with jerseys, sweat shirts, hats, t-shirts and front licence plate on the new pickup, soon to be, car flag... :D )

If you follow a local junior team, your kids play, you're a billet parent, whatever, post things about them throughout the season here. Scores, stats, special events, what ever.

Junior hockey is awesome. It's great hockey, exciting to watch and a great community event. Go out and support your local juniors, you won't be disappointed.

Go Storm!!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Tonight...Grande Prairie Storm hosted the Camrose Kodiaks

Image....5-3.....Image

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Here is my favourite Junior Hockey team. :)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:38 am

QBC QBC:
Junior hockey is awesome. It's great hockey, exciting to watch

That's only my opinion but I prefer Junior Hockey to some ''overpaid'' whiners in the NHL. No need to pay over $100.00 easy to see one NHL game while people can get great hockey at the Junior level. This is no intent to thrash this thread. It is simply great to recognize the talent in the league.

Also, The Remparts, Memorial Cup champions a few years ago, are the game in Quebec City and not the NHL. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:19 pm

The AJHL have their Showcase weekend in Spruce Grove this weekend. http://ajhl.ca/news/2009/09/29/ajhl-set ... uce-grove/ Scouts from Every NHL team and a pile of US colleges are at this event. All 16 teams from the north and south divisions are playing two games this weekend. I think if they do this next year, We'll trek to the event and try and take in as many games as possible.

Now, our Grande Prairie Storm won both their games this weekend. They took on the Canmore Eagles Friday and the Brooks Bandits today.

Image.....5.....Image.....3

Image.....3.....Image.....2

The Brooks game was an overtime win.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:23 pm

PimpBrewski123 PimpBrewski123:
QBC QBC:
Junior hockey is awesome. It's great hockey, exciting to watch

That's only my opinion but I prefer Junior Hockey to some ''overpaid'' whiners in the NHL. No need to pay over $100.00 easy to see one NHL game while people can get great hockey at the Junior level. This is no intent to thrash this thread. It is simply great to recognize the talent in the league.

Also, The Remparts, Memorial Cup champions a few years ago, are the game in Quebec City and not the NHL. :lol:

I have to agree with you...The juniors are more exciting most games than the NHL and yes...$100 ticket price vs $12 for a Grande Prairie game, I can go to 8 junior games to every one NHL game. Way better value to go along with some great hockey.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:07 pm

YES! Junior hockey is real hockey. Too many Europeans in the NHL; names I can't pronounce or keep straight in my head. The NHL has become like All-Star games. Little physical play or emotion. Even if ticket prices were reversed, I'd still support the OHL over the NHL.

AND GO PETES GO!!!!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:29 pm

Here are a few pictures I took at tonights Storm game. Our boys lost 2-1 in OT to the Spruce Grove Saints.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 pm

Good action Q.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:50 am

$1:
TOP LINE COMBINES FOR 14 POINTS
Fri, Oct 16 2009

It was a big night for Travis Dunstall and an even bigger win for the Grande Prairie Storm.

Dunstall notched four goals, as the Storm doubled Sherwood Park 6-3, moving to within one point of the Crusaders in the standings.

“Travis has played well the last couple of games,” said Storm head coach Mike Vandekamp. “He’s playing with spirit and working hard, so he’s getting the chances. Tonight, he definitely had the hot stick.”

Linemates Dennis Rix and Zahn Raubenheimer each finished with five assists on the night. Goaltender Chad Carder picked up his first win of the season.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:28 am

The Remparts are now at 9-2, they are playing great.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 am

$1:
STORM 2-0 ON ROAD TRIP
Sat, Oct 17 2009

The Grande Prairie Storm scored four unanswered goals, including three in the third period, as they beat Drayton Valley 4-2.

With the victory, the Storm jumped back over .500 on the season.

“We didn’t get off to a great start on the scoreboard,” said head coach Mike Vandekamp. “Their first goal was a real soft one unfortunately. But again, after the first intermission, we seemed to pick it up.

“Special teams were a factor for us, positively for the most part.”

Special teams had to be a factor, with 18 power plays awarded in the game, nine per side. There were multiple 5-on-3s. The Storm went 2-for-9 on the PP while allowing just one goal in nine tries for the Thunder.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:30 pm

Tonights game in Grande Prairie was awesome!!!

The home town boys played a great game at both ends on the ice.....(And I bought a new Storm hat... :lol: )

Image.....5.....Image.....1

Tomorrow night.....

Image.....AT.....Image

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:45 pm

I thought teams that go all the way up there would play a double header over a weekend. Long trip to play one game.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
I thought teams that go all the way up there would play a double header over a weekend. Long trip to play one game.

To make it worse for Brooks, they play in Drayton Valley tomorrow night. Olds played in Spruce Grove on Wednesday.