Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 258
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:03 pm
 


Soooo... I'm not really worried or anything... I believe that in a couple years, the Leafs will have a pretty decent team. Just some tweaks here and ... well, everywhere...and i'll be a fan till then. But after watching tonight against Buffalo, and the brutal performance by all. (except possibly Pogge)Is there a better Canadian team I can cheer for? I'm positive there are... but all the Canadian teams (minus montreal- cause theres just no chance I could turn there, or Sens) have a fairly decent game plan for the upcoming future, and it's hard to change such a loyalty. discussion?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
Profile
Posts: 14024
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm
 


Why would you change now?....I have been a Nucks fan all my life and every year I happily say, probably while absolutely shitfaced, 'Next year will be the year'....and then half way through the season, usually through tears, I say 'Well its a rebuilding year'... You have come this far dont fall now, it instills character cheering for a losing team year in and year out :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10859
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 am
 


oh you dont want to be a bandwagon jumper


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29364
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:02 am
 


When my team is going bad, I cheer myself up by watching the 'enemies' get beat up.
In your case, you can (temporarily) cheer for other teams that play against Montreal or Ottawa.

Newfette gets her kicks when the Pens and (specifically) Crosby get their butts kicked.

Note to Newfette: You must really love Montreal right now. :wink:


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Profile
Posts: 931
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:13 am
 


Look at my avatar, dude. You have to stick with your loyalties, win or lose, and enjoy the games and the players. If you jump ship, you'll jump back when the team improves (someday they will) and then the fans who stuck with the team will think you're an asshole for trying to jump back on the Leafs' wagon. You support a team for the love of the game and the competition, not just to cheer for a winner. Trust me, when that championship DOES come, you'll be glad you didn't abandon your loyalties. "RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! THE CURSE IS REVERSED"


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 258
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:30 pm
 


OH don't get me wrong, I will NEVER jump the leafs ship, what would I do with all the memorabilia? BUT, that being said, during this dreadful stretch of hockey their playing, I would like to enjoy watching and cheering for a Canadian team that actually has passionate players and a love for the game, instead of ones that glide up and down the ice...


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29364
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:38 pm
 


Schnek wrote:
OH don't get me wrong, I will NEVER jump the leafs ship, what would I do with all the memorabilia? BUT, that being said, during this dreadful stretch of hockey their playing, I would like to enjoy watching and cheering for a Canadian team that actually has passionate players and a love for the game, instead of ones that glide up and down the ice...


Gliding up and down sounds nice... oops sorry, we're talking hockey here. :oops:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33832
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:51 pm
 


Schnek wrote:
OH don't get me wrong, I will NEVER jump the leafs ship, what would I do with all the memorabilia? BUT, that being said, during this dreadful stretch of hockey their playing, I would like to enjoy watching and cheering for a Canadian team that actually has passionate players and a love for the game, instead of ones that glide up and down the ice...


dreadful stretch since 1967 ;)



I started with the Habs, I live with the Habs, I will die with the Habs.

even though I have watched the game turn from something
with history and dynasties and traditions, into money :(

You maybe suffering some of that.

maybe a non NHL team.
maybe give some time to a kids league.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
Profile
Posts: 3620
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:11 pm
 


Well. Keep the Leafs as your primary, but if you want a Canadian team to cheer for then Go Flames Go, they have the best chance to win the cup for Canada this year.
My buddy is primarily a leafs fan first and a Calgary fan second, he cheers for Toronto when they play against Calgary (it was very comical to see him with a flames t-shirt under his leafs jersey)
I feel your pain.
I lived in Winnipeg when the Jets moved south, I won't cheer for the Coyotes though, they aren't the same organization as they were back then.
Next I lived in Dartmouth and if you wanted to cheer for pro hockey you had to choose the Leafs or the Habs, I went with the Habs because I lived in Quebec for a time.
When I moved to Calgary I became a Flames fan and have been ever since (I moved here prior to the '04 cup run by the by)


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
Profile
Posts: 3620
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:13 pm
 


Axeman wrote:
Look at my avatar, dude. You have to stick with your loyalties, win or lose, and enjoy the games and the players. If you jump ship, you'll jump back when the team improves (someday they will) and then the fans who stuck with the team will think you're an asshole for trying to jump back on the Leafs' wagon. You support a team for the love of the game and the competition, not just to cheer for a winner. Trust me, when that championship DOES come, you'll be glad you didn't abandon your loyalties. "RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! THE CURSE IS REVERSED"

PDT_Armataz_01_37 Well said!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13577
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:52 pm
 


Axeman wrote:
Look at my avatar, dude. You have to stick with your loyalties, win or lose, and enjoy the games and the players. If you jump ship, you'll jump back when the team improves (someday they will) and then the fans who stuck with the team will think you're an asshole for trying to jump back on the Leafs' wagon. You support a team for the love of the game and the competition, not just to cheer for a winner. Trust me, when that championship DOES come, you'll be glad you didn't abandon your loyalties. "RED SOX WIN! RED SOX WIN! THE CURSE IS REVERSED"



Now if the Cubbies could only figure out who cursed them, maybe they could get theirs lifted to. :lol:


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 258
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm
 


Quote:
Now if the Cubbies could only figure out who cursed them, maybe they could get theirs lifted to. :lol:


Don't hold your breath! :lol:


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Profile
Posts: 931
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 pm
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
Now if the Cubbies could only figure out who cursed them, maybe they could get theirs lifted to.


Any franchise can have a bad century. :lol:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7760
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:26 am
 


Schnek wrote:
Soooo... I'm not really worried or anything... I believe that in a couple years, the Leafs will have a pretty decent team. Just some tweaks here and ... well, everywhere...and i'll be a fan till then. But after watching tonight against Buffalo, and the brutal performance by all. (except possibly Pogge)Is there a better Canadian team I can cheer for? I'm positive there are... but all the Canadian teams (minus montreal- cause theres just no chance I could turn there, or Sens) have a fairly decent game plan for the upcoming future, and it's hard to change such a loyalty. discussion?


Stick with your team (believe me, i've been a Buds fan since i was old enough to skate, so i get it) and don't be one of those goof-off bandwagon jumpers. You know the type - the ones who like the biggest, strongest, successful teams (and they'll claim they've always been a supporter :wink: ). It'll be that much sweater when your real team actually wins (although now those bandwagon jumpers will be with you).

The Leafs have decent managment in place, hopefully a plan and money to spare (they can always spend to the cap). Now all they need to do is restock draft picks and spend wisely on free-agents (guys like Nash come to mind). It's a process, but you need to stick with it.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10859
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:07 am
 


raydan wrote:
When my team is going bad, I cheer myself up by watching the 'enemies' get beat up.
In your case, you can (temporarily) cheer for other teams that play against Montreal or Ottawa.

Newfette gets her kicks when the Pens and (specifically) Crosby get their butts kicked.

Note to Newfette: You must really love Montreal right now. :wink:


crosby's a bitch (and i like any team that beats them down they just need to look out for the crosby cheap shot.. little bitch)


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.