canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:08 am

I tried to submitted into the news article yesterday, but I had a hard time.

Sub has no torpedoes
Weaponry still two years away

HMCS Windsor will be without torpedoes until 2006, a high-ranking Canadian naval officer says.

"That's probably right," Capt. Dean McFadden, who commands Atlantic operations, told reporters Monday night on board the submarine as it conducted exercises off the coast of Nova Scotia. Link

And this today...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:18 am

However with the projected surplus of hockey pucks from the NHL and the unlimited imagination of the DOD it will be fire number one…… he scores eh!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:42 pm

I thought the surplus pucks were Tim Hortons' secret ingredient.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:48 pm

:lol: good point. They could fire off a few of those sinkers as well

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:56 pm

Why would you spend the money on torpedos for a sub with leaks all through it? But hey, whats the worst that could happen to an unarmed, leaking sub patrolling foreign waters at 300 metres under the ocean?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:19 am

DMP08 DMP08:
Why would you spend the money on torpedos for a sub with leaks all through it? But hey, whats the worst that could happen to an unarmed, leaking sub patrolling foreign waters at 300 metres under the ocean?

Its not like the planned to use them anyway... And after the bought them, The won't use them because it costs money... 8)
Typical DND mentality.

Its like the US had a bunch of extra 155mm shells that were about to expire. They couldn't use them all. So they offered some to us. The Canadian Army refuse them because it would have been to much strain for our cannons and would have to replace them earlier the projected. WTF. Free bombs for practice. Keep those artillery guys on their toes.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:36 am

How sad for Canada.How can the Canadian Navy defend against a Soviet naval attack without torpedoes? MY GOD PEOPLE! How can Canada help stop world terrorism without armed submarines?? Oh,the horror of it all (Buford goes running through the house screaming.......AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!,We're all gonna die!...AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,Oh sweet Jesus!-how can we beat the bad guys without torpedoes?!,AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,Canada can't defend herself!...whatr' we gonna do now??----AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH......)

Anyway,leaking subs aren't a good idea-especially if they're submerged.I'm not the sharpest pencil in the box-but I think that's a reasonable assumption.Why not sell those subs to one of Bush's coallition of the bribed countries so they can have something to play with in the water,and then use the cash to buy Canada's troops some of the stuff they really need?

HI TWILA :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:33 am

Most if not all bugs have been ironed out of those subs... and the Soviet doesn't exits anymore... 8)

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:26 am

Don't you worry boy them subs is good fighting subs
They just put on the new screen doors for the summer boy and they are ready ta go. :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:39 am

Sub in trouble.

$1:
Canadian submarine in distress off Irish coast: British navy

19 minutes ago World - AFP

LONDON (AFP) - A Canadian submarine sent a distress signal from the North Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Ireland, the British navy said, adding that a military rescue operation was under way.

You were just joking about those screen doors, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:10 am

The bugs are alive and well in the subs just as they are in the Cormorant Helis the SAR are now using, and our infamous SeaKings. The Government has only made one smart choice to date in ordering NEW S-92s to replace the Sea Kings, all other replacements have been very expensive lemons, that are too rotten to make lemonade.

I am hoping and praying that all the submariners return safely from the HMCS Chicoutimi.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:35 am

Whew!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:06 pm

Cracked valves, Bent superstructure, fires, no torpedoes.
What the hell is the Navy buying, next they will be refitting them with Sea king parts.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:43 am

Back to the original post topic.... what the hell to Canadian subs need torpedoes for??? They are used to sneak up on people fishing illegally or smuggling stuff and then report their positions to the RCMP from what I understand. When is Canada going to need to take out a battleship with a torpedo?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:33 am

Windburn Windburn:
The bugs are alive and well in the subs just as they are in the Cormorant Helis the SAR are now using, and our infamous SeaKings. The Government has only made one smart choice to date in ordering NEW S-92s to replace the Sea Kings, all other replacements have been very expensive lemons, that are too rotten to make lemonade.

I am hoping and praying that all the submariners return safely from the HMCS Chicoutimi.

S-92 is a civilian bird... needs to be militarized, then fitted with ASW equipment... THe EH101 merlin has been in service for the past 10 years...
A cracked windscreen does not constitute a bad buy. Just teething problem with a new aircraft.

And the subs... I guess its just the fact they are a combat platform without ammo...