canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:00 am

Mental health problems are no fun for anyone. :(

After 20 years, one of my favourite fucking tools finally died. 18V DeWalt hammer drill. Lately it's been giving a little of the blue smoke on start, but yesterday when drilling out some euro hinge holes, the clutch finally bought it. All well, drills and batteries are on sale, and today is payday! It's fucking Christmas!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Holy fuck. Had to go wayyyy back to find this thread. No one has had anything to fucking complain about since Nov 2nd? :lol:

I was momentarily excited last night when I checked my 649 ticket I'd gotten as a free play from a previous draw. Checked and saw I had 4 numbers! Whoopee a whole fucking $91.20.

Must be careful not to spend it all in one place. :P

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:47 pm

Holy fuck, you can afford eggs!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:24 pm

I'm starting to go through the stupid amount of fucking crap I've had stored away in the closet in storage bins, almost all of which has been in there for the past 14yrs since I moved in my current place. It's just time to fucking let it go as there is little of any value and pointless to have just to have it.

I had thought there was a way to properly dispose of old photographs but it turns out after much searching that they are only landfill-bound, even the negatives. I have a ridiculous amount of old photos plus an album and a big envelope of loose pictures my aunt sent me after my grandmother passed away (2011) and she and my uncle went through all of her accumulated crap and divvied them up. A large portion of the pictures are blurry/shitty quality (heads cut off)/repetitive objects or people I don't even know who the hell they are or don't remember or want to. I guess I'll just cut them up and toss them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:50 am

Why the fuck does Microsoft have to fuck up my sound settings every time they patch something? I disabled the fucking speakers in my monitor so they would never be used because they suck ass. But everytime I plug in my VR goggles, I have to jump through 10 hoops to set those as default, and when I unplug it the defaults all change back to the fucking defaults I fucking disabled!

Just do what I want, it's my fucking computer, not yours!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Why the fuck do typical Christmas cards have to have fucking glitter on them? Shit like that cannot go into paper recycling (I've checked this out) but have to go in the regular garbage. As part of my ongoing purge of shit I came across a small box I'd stored some random crap in and forgot about and I had a few years worth of Christmas cards from almost 10 years ago and 3/4 of them had metallic or glitter shit on them. I did tear the offending covers off the cards to recycle what I could as I like to at least attempt to do my tiny part of the process properly. We sent out zero cards this year and thank God only received a couple as people we know have stopped this useless, expensive habit that is just ingrained in people's heads. Phone calls, text messages and getting together in person is much easier and better.

On a side note, I'd mentioned earlier that I'm on a mission to get rid of stuff and slowly, but surely am making progress! I'm also using the opportunity to rearrange the photos I want to keep in a better way. I'm just pissed at myself for ignoring shit for so long. The downside of having a fucking storage room! :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:02 pm

RIGHT??!! Whoever invented glitter should be fucking slapped, and who ever decided to put that shit on all the Christmas cards should be kicked in the balls.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:47 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
RIGHT??!! Whoever invented glitter should be fucking slapped, and who ever decided to put that shit on all the Christmas cards should be kicked in the balls.

That's fucking funny. You sound just like my partner with that comment. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:41 pm

Stupid fucker in my building continues to be a problem. It seems the RCMP are here almost every week due to other residents calling them because he's creating a disturbance or threatening them. More vandalism has taken place since the last time I bitched about it in here and he leaves weird notes and signs on his door and in the elevator. Apparently the strata has fined him and are in the process of going through Crown Council/RCMP for legal action.

Good in a way because maybe he'll be forced to sell and get the fuck out.

Really bad in a way because once out he'll bomb the fucking building with all of us in it.

/\ This might sound like I'm overblowing the situation but talking to a neighbour the other day he said this to me basically verbatim as I was already thinking the same thing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:17 pm

Strutz Strutz:
/\ This might sound like I'm overblowing the situation but talking to a neighbour the other day he said this to me basically verbatim as I was already thinking the same thing.

Never underestimate the limits of some fucker who has been totally radicalised. They will fly planes into buildings, and will certainly do that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 25360 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 1687  1688  1689  1690  1691