canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:16 pm

I'm not an apologist for Muslims. Face it, we're a second away at any given time from the next Islam-inspired atrocity. And the way Europe handles immigration shouldn't be repeated anywhere. I'd like to think though that if I designed an immigration policy it would actually make sense. Teeing off on Mexicans that do the grunt work no one else can, or being so genuinely fucking stupid as to ban a Buddhist women's soccer team, wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list of priorities.

Any country has the absolute right to decide who can and who can't enter. My TSA wouldn't be patting down old ladies or toddlers and would be focusing their entire efforts on the demographics most likely to cause trouble. I believe in profiling as a tool of law enforcement because it's entire logical and generates concrete results. And there is no such thing as "open borders" IMO. That being said if you're going to edit who enters at least use your fucking brain if you're going to kick someone out or refuse to let someone in. It won't be some power-mad idiots doing it simply because they can. If someone at an embassy or a customs port causes trouble for people who in no way meet the profile of potential troublemakers, criminals, or terrorists they better have a damn good explanation for it.

It's called having a nuance of thought, belief, and opinion. In other words it's something a Trumpist would never understand with their sadistic need to smash a hammer down on all the nails equally.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:53 pm

As a public servant, I'm not allowed to use my own judgement in any way.
- Mr. Skinner

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Face it, we're a second away at any given time from the next Islam-inspired atrocity.

Well, I was a victim of Muslims today! Myself and another school bus driver. The other driver has one of the dreaded Syrian rapefuges on his bus. The little boy's dad come out to the bus with a tray of Syrian food and gave it to the driver. He ate as much as he could and offered the rest to me back at the depot. Rice and spice stuffed grape leaves and roasted garlic. It was very, very good. He commented though that his dinner was ruined, having filled up on the delicious food supplied by these evil Rapefugies. Mine was too. Evil, evil Muslims!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:11 pm

The depravity of the new guys doesn't wipe away the crimes of the other annihilators. :|

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:01 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I don't know Thanos' conplete new stance, but since the New Year I've noticed a clear shift from much of his older harsher rhetoric. Still not a fan of the refugee crisis and feels it's damaging Europe and potentially Canada, but a lot less likely to adhere fully to his old "posting history".

People are allowed to change their perspective. Whether Trump is or is not responsible for that shift doesn't really mean much.

Fair enough. People change, thats true. You are not the same person that you were years ago when you were Mr. Canada. I have been all over the spectrum myself. They say that if you are young and not a liberal you have no heart, and that if you are not a conservative when you are old you have no brain. That pretty much sums me up. My problem with this thread is how a 15 plus year problem with TSA is being dropped on President Trump's door. The people that work at TSA are assholes. Any visitor to America can testify to that. Last year my daughter made Honor role in college. As a reward I bought her a three week vacation with her friends in Cabo San Lucas. On her return she was hasseled by TSA agents about how could a 20 year old could afford a three week vacation in Cabo. She almost missed her connecting flight over it. She told me she was getting pissed off. Her friends that already had made it through were ready to leave her so as to not miss their flight. What business is it of TSA how the trip was paid for? It WAS paid for. It did not take any money out of the TSA agents pocket. If she would have said that to the agent, she would have disappeared into a back room for hours, and placed on a no flight list. She would fail every background check that she ever had for the rest of her life. Her degree in teaching would be worth less than a roll of toilet paper. Thats the type of shit that we have been dealing with for over 15 years now. Plenty of innocent people have had their lives ruined by TSA long before Trump came along. Trying to blame Muhammed Ali Jr's hassle at the airport on Trump is disingenuous, Ali Jr. would have received that treatment regardless of who was in the White House. Mr. Rogers could have won the election, and it would not matter. The only qulifications to become a TSA agent is a GED. Most of these people would be working a drive through if they were not employed at the TSA. Now they are in a position of power. They get to settle scores with all the people who belittled them in high school. They are going to show you who's boss now.

If people dislike Trump thats their right, but keep it honest. IF you say he is a loudmouth, foul mouth, crude, brash, SOB than I will agree. He was not elected to be Mr. congeniality. He was elected to get a job done. General Patton was not promoted to his rank because he was a likable fellow. He had a job to do, and he did it. Blaming anti-Semitism or Muslims being mistreated at airports is total bullshit. Anyone saying otherwise is lying. Lying to us and themselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:21 pm

I don't think anyone is really claiming it's "Trump's fault".

For the last 15 years there are numerous folks expressing disgust at the incompetance and cruelty of the TSA here on CKA, through Bush and Obama and now Trump.

There's no illusion that this situation is new.

The prevailing stance I see is as Shep stated, that Trump's electiom and behaviour has empowered the worst of American society.

It's not that the problem is new, but that it seems to be getting worse, because these elements with power feel they have the opinion of the state unwavoringly on their side.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:08 pm

I don't think anyone is really claiming it's "Trump's fault".

For the last 15 years there are numerous folks expressing disgust at the incompetance and cruelty of the TSA here on CKA, through Bush and Obama and now Trump.

There's no illusion that this situation is new.

The prevailing stance I see is as Shep stated, that Trump's electiom and behaviour has empowered the worst of American society.

It's not that the problem is new, but that it seems to be getting worse, because these elements with power feel they have the opinion of the state unwavoringly on their side.

How can you say that no one is claiming its Trump's fault? You spend enough time on this forum. Nine out of ten threads could be labeled: Its Trumps fault!!! Hell someone could post their Grandmothers recipe for Thanksgiving stuffing on here, and it would devolve into a pro Trump/ con Trump debate. You want to talk about American society? WTF happened to US on this forum? Trumps election has brought out the worst in US on this forum!! We had teachers, professors, scientists, electronic geeks, welders, roughnecks, mechanics, students, military members, government workers, countermen, etc., etc. We had productive discourse. We didn't always see eye to eye, but we got through. Look what this election has done to this forum. How many members have we lost over this election? Granted there have been a few old timers come back in the last few weeks (and thats always a good thing), but most of them left way before the election. Intelligent well spoken members have let this man consume them. Everything is personal now. I find myself at odds with people who I respect and admire. I don't like it. I freely admit that I am more emotional and personal in my posts lately than I would like to be. There are so many more important things to talk about. I get angry when one person gets to monopolize the conversation. Its like watching a "keeping up with the Kardashians" marathon. I could not care less.

Trumps election has empowered the worst of American society eh? President Trump brought up in his speech tonight that Canada has a merit based immigration system. Why should the U.S. not have the same? You get to pick and choose who you let in but if we want to do the same, we are a bunch of racists? I call bullshit. President Trump wants to protect American jobs. Whats wrong with that? Does not Canada do the same? Every bottle of Canadian beer that I drink in the States is brewed and bottled in Canada, creating jobs for Canadians. Every bottle of American beer that I drink in Canada is brewed and bottled in Canada as well, creating even more jobs for Canadians. When I lived in Mass. I had a good friend that lost his job at the Osram Sylvania manufacturing plant in Danvers Mass. The plant moved production to Drummondville QC. taking their good paying jobs with them. Can you name any manufacturing plants that moved from Canada to the U.S. under NAFTA? I can't. How is America trying to keep their jobs in America empowering the worst in America?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:51 pm

This forum was down to roughly 25 or so active members before Trump ever announced his bid.

It's been quiet here since at least 2012 or so.

The last major forum activity was in 2007, a "spam war".

Rick, you, I, many members here are confrontational types who enjoy gritty debate. You've been calling me a lazy piece of shit long before Trump, and you likely will long after. It is how it is. You may see a difference in the nature of your posts, but I honestly don't. You post more now, but it's been roughly just as belligerent (which, again, is just how most of us are here). You have more targets now, there's more people opposed to what you consider good for America and the world. Trump divided the right, a fracture obvious here, and for many conservatives, it's a matter of morals and principle. The pussy-grabber president "being elected to get shit done" doesn't cut it for many here who I have spent many years at odds with before his election.

Trump is an issue for many of us. He's a fucking television personality. He should never have become president. We are upset and just pretending it didn't happen won't do us any favours. Many of us feel an existential dread. The supporters of Trump want people like me to be declared terrorists. How am I supposed to feel assured that it won't happen, with all the baffoonish actions he's taken so far, signing every scrap of paper that graces his desk? I have comrades in the States, and I worry for their livelihoods. More and more states are drafting laws against protest. These past few weeks, we've been trying to educate people on their rights versus ICE. You don't give a fuck, cause they're "illegals mooching off the government teat" or "stealing jobs" or whatever, but I fucking care. Shit is happening in America against the interests I want in the world, it's bleak, and horrid elements like Fiddle intend to bring those same politics up here. Trump is the current event.

I'm not the person to pitch Canadian nationalism to, perhaps some other members will be better affected by that argument. NAFTA is literally the one and only policy I agreed with Trump on, but I'm sure what he plans to replace it with will not be something I agree with, as he's flanked with Wall Street plutocrats and alt-right sociopaths.

You see the forum as more divided.
From your perspective, I'm sure it does.
From mine though, it's never been more united.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 am

This forum was down to roughly 25 or so active members before Trump ever announced his bid.

It's been quiet here since at least 2012 or so.

The last major forum activity was in 2007, a "spam war".

Rick, you, I, many members here are confrontational types who enjoy gritty debate. You've been calling me a lazy piece of shit long before Trump, and you likely will long after. It is how it is. You may see a difference in the nature of your posts, but I honestly don't. You post more now, but it's been roughly just as belligerent (which, again, is just how most of us are here). You have more targets now, there's more people opposed to what you consider good for America and the world. Trump divided the right, a fracture obvious here, and for many conservatives, it's a matter of morals and principle. The pussy-grabber president "being elected to get shit done" doesn't cut it for many here who I have spent many years at odds with before his election.

Trump is an issue for many of us. He's a fucking television personality. He should never have become president. We are upset and just pretending it didn't happen won't do us any favours. Many of us feel an existential dread. The supporters of Trump want people like me to be declared terrorists. How am I supposed to feel assured that it won't happen, with all the baffoonish actions he's taken so far, signing every scrap of paper that graces his desk? I have comrades in the States, and I worry for their livelihoods. More and more states are drafting laws against protest. These past few weeks, we've been trying to educate people on their rights versus ICE. You don't give a fuck, cause they're "illegals mooching off the government teat" or "stealing jobs" or whatever, but I fucking care. Shit is happening in America against the interests I want in the world, it's bleak, and horrid elements like Fiddle intend to bring those same politics up here. Trump is the current event.

I'm not the person to pitch Canadian nationalism to, perhaps some other members will be better affected by that argument. NAFTA is literally the one and only policy I agreed with Trump on, but I'm sure what he plans to replace it with will not be something I agree with, as he's flanked with Wall Street plutocrats and alt-right sociopaths.

You see the forum as more divided.
From your perspective, I'm sure it does.
From mine though, it's never been more united.

[B-o] I guess we will have to agree to disagree. However I do want to set the record straight to your remark that I don't give a fuck cause they're "illegals mooching off of the government teat". I never said anything like that. I have a posting history as well. At only 1400 posts, it should not take long to do some research. I dated and lived with a Mexican women who originally came to America illegally for years. Many of her relatives are illegal. I personally know many illegals. I have hired illegals to help me move. I have frequented illegal businesses to have my flat tires repaired, or balanced and rotated. I have ate many a meal prepared by illegals. I have never said that illegals were mooching off the government tit. I have always said that the Hispanics come here to work, and work harder than most Americans. I have always said that I have never been panhandled by a Hispanic. I have always said that Hispanics when they come legally are some off our best immigrants. That they have a good work ethic. They have family values. Do some research on my posts and apologize for that remark.

Why don't I turn in the illegals? Its simple. Why don't I turn in my friends who are using drugs? Why don't I turn in my friends who are cheating on their taxes? Why don't I turn in my friends who register their vehicles in other counties to save money? Why don't I turn myself in for my numerous infractions? Its not my job to do the governments work for them. Illegal immigrants coming to the U.S. is not without repercussions. When they drop their kids off in first grade and they speak no English, it hurts the other students, and the tax payers. When someone is willing to work below the prevailing wage, it hurts us all. Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime. However when someone is willing to risk everything they own (and sometimes their lives) to come to America to bust their ass to make it.........who am I to get in their way? They have enough obstacles in their way. Anyone willing to work that hard to make it in life has my vote of confidence. The youth of America could learn a lot from these illegal immigrants.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:10 am

Alright, fair enough, I based that specific comment off of what looked like a confrontational remark in the "10 accomplishments of the Trump administration" thread, which I never followed up so I never got your actual stance, I just assumed it was going to be rather hostile. So I apologize. Cheers!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 am

[B-o] Cheers!