canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:50 am

As per the infamous Brocket tape, "Seahawks are gonna whip the piss out of them fuckin' Blue Jays!". :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:43 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Are the Sens playing the Jays or the Patriots?

The 76ers of course.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:29 am

martin14 martin14:

The 76ers of course.

World Series time is fun isn't it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:39 am

martin14 martin14:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I'm not even a hockey fan so not really interested any way,

So then why are you even in this thread ?

Oh right, just to sling some shit around. :roll:

Just to point out the Trudeau Derangement Syndrome

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:41 am

Sorry but no one in my town is rooting for the Penguins.
Stoopid bird that can't even fly...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:28 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
martin14 martin14:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
I'm not even a hockey fan so not really interested any way,

So then why are you even in this thread ?

Oh right, just to sling some shit around. :roll:

And who better to tell us about that syndrome than a guy suffering with the American version of it. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Strutz Strutz:
martin14 martin14:

The 76ers of course.

World Series time is fun isn't it?

What ?

The 76ers play in the Ashes, the Sens just joined this year. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

$1:

And who better to tell us about that syndrome than a guy suffering with the American version of it. [B-o]

Yeah right. You don't see me outraged that Trump wished a sports team good luck just like every political leader has done that since sports were invented.

He does plenty of genuinely outrageous things on how own without anyone having to invent excuses.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:21 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

$1:

Yeah right. You don't see me outraged that Trump wished a sports team good luck just like every political leader has done that since sports were invented.

He does plenty of genuinely outrageous things on how own without anyone having to invent excuses.

I'm not excusing Trump i'm pointing out that your continual haranguing of him and his administration is no better than someone pointing out that Trudeau shouldn't be telling Canadians who to cheer for, especially when he didn't have the decency to do it when we had 4 other Canadian teams in the hunt.

Now I could be mistaken but, could you give me a couple of examples of these PM's who told Canadians who to cheer for during a professional sports playoff since I can't remember anyone of them doing anything more than cheering for their favorite team?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:54 pm

Why wasn't Trudeau telling Canadians to cheer for the Flames and Oilers? Wait they're from Alberta never mind. :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:17 pm

I don't see what the problem is and I had a great time cheering for them last night.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:24 pm

raydan raydan:
Public_Domain Public_Domain:
agreed thanos,hockey and political fanaticism to the point of ideoligical begrudgings is freaking weird

Fixed. :D

well, ideology and politics logically go hand and hand; hundred-million dollar sports teams on the other hand really don't have a solid reason to be mixed with notions of ideology.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:07 am

I'm not excusing Trump i'm pointing out that your continual haranguing of him and his administration is no better than someone pointing out that Trudeau shouldn't be telling Canadians who to cheer for, especially when he didn't have the decency to do it when we had 4 other Canadian teams in the hunt.

Now I could be mistaken but, could you give me a couple of examples of these PM's who told Canadians who to cheer for during a professional sports playoff since I can't remember anyone of them doing anything more than cheering for their favorite team?

Well every Olympics for one but heres another example from a quick google.

$1:
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper weighed in on NBA All-Star voting, urging Canadians to vote for Kyle Lowry as a starter for the Eastern Conference team.

https://www.google.ca/amp/raptorsraptur ... lowry/amp/

And how can you not see the lunacy of freakiing out over "told Canadians who to cheer for"? "OMG he said 'have a nice day!' He's telling me what to do! Dictator! Help! Help!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:19 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Well every Olympics for one but heres another example from a quick google.

$1:
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper weighed in on NBA All-Star voting, urging Canadians to vote for Kyle Lowry as a starter for the Eastern Conference team.

https://www.google.ca/amp/raptorsraptur ... lowry/amp/

And how can you not see the lunacy of freakiing out over "told Canadians who to cheer for"? "OMG he said 'have a nice day!' He's telling me what to do! Dictator! Help! Help!"

Nobody's freaking out, I'm just pointing out that it's inappropriate to have the PM pick one Canadian team and then tell everyone to cheer for it without having done it for the other 4 teams. But on the plus side at least he waited till they were eliminated before telling us who to cheer for.

And a big thanks for pointing out that Harper tried to sway the vote and get Lowery picked as an all star by using twitter, a medium that holds sway over vast swaths of the sport watching population. But, for the record that's just as inappropriate as Justin urging us to cheer for the Sen's.

Besides, if we have the politicians telling us how to think and act what will Hollywood celebrities have left to do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:57 pm

He's not "telling" anyone how to think or act any more than you are "telling" people what to do when you make a suggestion. And it's not inappropriate for Harper or Trudeau to encourage Canadians to support the Canadian team. That's part of what they're expected to do.