Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Very good.... My best wishes and apologies to all the true victims of this terrible crime.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:54 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
I agree with everybody, it was a very touching speech, but after the last generation of those who were directly affected by the schools die, I don't want it used as an excuse. Ever.
Agreed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:24 pm

So where do we go now? We can't give them 2/3 of BC and gobs of cash and simply expect them to solve the problems that we had so much of a hand developing. Hell! We're up to our armpits in scandals and we've been at it for centuries.

Native leaders are asking for self-rule when, for the most part, they don't show the ability. When a real disaster or scandal caused by native self rule happens, and it will, what will or can be the governments reaction? Here are leaders who grew to power under the bureaucratic rule of Ottawa and now will have no one else to support them or blame when things go wrong.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:01 am

ridenrain ridenrain:

Native leaders are asking for self-rule when, for the most part, they don't show the ability. When a real disaster or scandal caused by native self rule happens, and it will, what will or can be the governments reaction? Here are leaders who grew to power under the bureaucratic rule of Ottawa and now will have no one else to support them or blame when things go wrong.

Native Leaders have shown to be corrupt and will continue until the Government starts with holding the 7 billion Natives receive until Leaders are held more accountable in every aspect..

Washington Capitals
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 am

please be true to your word and make sure no native candians is ever treated as poorly again. Please Canada, YOU Have said you understand this tragedy. please show us how you mean it.
i can't wait to see when a Native will be close to being prime minister.

we all know America is racist and horrible and evil, and we're about to elect a black president. so surely, canada which is sooo much more progressive and ahead of america, surely there will be a truely native canadian about to lead canada, right???

yall don't wann lose yur "moral" superiority, right?

where is Canada's supposedly superior policy of a "mosaic" ??? cause the "melting pot" is such a failure right??? so please Canada, prove to us how much MORE successful the "mosaic" is... please show us the non-anglo/non-franco PM yur about to elect.

show us how yur system is so much better...

showushow LESS RACIST you are than us. i dare you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:21 am

Alex, I think you're lost. You think you've stumbled into a place that gives a fuck what you think.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:11 pm

Biblical_Christian Biblical_Christian:
Actually I just had a talk with, Right Honorable Stephen Harper.

Me: Can you apologise that you made me pay insurance by law, then I hit a deer, I didnt get a cent.

Stephen Harper: F*** you, go F*** yourself.

Someone help me out here as I think my computer must be screwed up. Can someone refer me to what thread this post belongs to since for some reason it ended up here?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:12 pm

lostalex lostalex:
please be true to your word and make sure no native candians is ever treated as poorly again. Please Canada, YOU Have said you understand this tragedy. please show us how you mean it.
i can't wait to see when a Native will be close to being prime minister.

we all know America is racist and horrible and evil, and we're about to elect a black president. so surely, canada which is sooo much more progressive and ahead of america, surely there will be a truely native canadian about to lead canada, right???

yall don't wann lose yur "moral" superiority, right?

where is Canada's supposedly superior policy of a "mosaic" ??? cause the "melting pot" is such a failure right??? so please Canada, prove to us how much MORE successful the "mosaic" is... please show us the non-anglo/non-franco PM yur about to elect.

show us how yur system is so much better...

showushow LESS RACIST you are than us. i dare you.

How are we superior? Hmmm...how about your wars against the Plains People (not to mention the countless thousands killed in forced migrations like the Trail of Tears) your slavery, your segregation of schools, your race riots and the fact that you're proud of a Obama in 2008 when we already have a visible minority as our head of State (typical American ignorance creeping through). Got any Canadian equivalents you'd like to bring forward? An African American Presidential candidate would've been impressive in the 1960s, but by the new millennium? That's pitiful, but at least you're making progress.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:34 pm

Mustang1 Mustang1:
and the fact that you're proud of a Obama in 2008 when we already have a visible minority as our head of State (typical American ignorance creeping through). Got any Canadian equivalents you'd like to bring forward? An African American Presidential candidate would've been impressive in the 1960s, but by the new millennium? That's pitiful, but at least you're making progress.

Not to start a flame war or anything but this half of your comment is kind of unfair. For one, Michaelle Jean was appointed not elected, as opposed to Barack Obama who will surely be elevated to the world's most important office by the latter method. And unfortunately, even today, you wouldn't have to look too far to find some allegedly contemporary Canadians who don't think much about the Governor General as being anything else than "that goddamn n****r"; see some of Kenmore's comments on other threads about Ms. Jean as confirmation of this attitude. I'm not sure what your reference to the 1960's was supposed to mean either, but I'd ask you to re-think that one after asking yourself if the probability that a Native Canadian being elected Prime Minister was greater in 1965 than that of a black American becoming President was at the same time. If you say that it was I'll have to say that you're just being kinda goofy because it sure flies in the face of everything that I've come to learn about the foundational bigotry that was underneath most aspects of Canadian society as it existed at the time.

Like I said on another thread, America is still first in firsts. Obama will be elected and the US will have a visible minority President long before Canada and Europe ever come close to doing the same thing. I remain almost completely convinced, even thought I really don't think that it's all that important in the great scheme of things, that Canada will never have in my lifetime a PM who doesn't have either a French or British last name. It's just the way it is. I know that you wanted to score a few points over Alex with your post but to me it looks like you kind of lost perspective with at least half of your response. Criticism with all due respect of course.
:)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanos Thanos:
and the fact that you're proud of a Obama in 2008 when we already have a visible minority as our head of State (typical American ignorance creeping through). Got any Canadian equivalents you'd like to bring forward? An African American Presidential candidate would've been impressive in the 1960s, but by the new millennium? That's pitiful, but at least you're making progress.

$1:
Not to start a flame war or anything but this half of your comment is kind of unfair.

But the previous comment was...? Hmmm

$1:
For one, Michaelle Jean was appointed not elected, as opposed to Barack Obama who will surely be elevated to the world's most important office by the latter method.

And this changes the fact that our head of state is a visible minority? I was comparing political positions not methods of selection. Want to counter Kim Campbell then?

$1:
And unfortunately, even today, you wouldn't have to look too far to find some allegedly contemporary Canadians who don't think much about the Governor General as being anything else than "that goddamn n****r"; see some of Kenmore's comments on other threads about Ms. Jean as confirmation of this attitude.

This hardly qualifies Canada's mosaic as unsuccessful
$1:
I'm not sure what your reference to the 1960's was supposed to mean either, but I'd ask you to re-think that one after asking yourself if the probability that a Native Canadian being elected Prime Minister was greater in 1965 than that of a black American becoming President was at the same time.

It was reference to, "so surely, canada which is sooo much more progressive and ahead of america, surely there will be a truely native canadian about to lead canada, right???" and "showushow LESS RACIST you are than us. i dare you." I'm not about to be lectured my some American about Canada's alleged "rasism" when the United States has a deplorable Civil Rights record. My point still stands

$1:
If you say that it was I'll have to say that you're just being kinda goofy because it sure flies in the face of everything that I've come to learn about the foundational bigotry that was underneath most aspects of Canadian society as it existed at the time.

It's goofy? Why - because you deem it so? It doesn't alter the fact that American society wasn't exactly progressive even 40 years ago whereas Canada was much more inclusive socially. You are more than welcome to refute that.

$1:
Like I said on another thread, America is still first in firsts. Obama will be elected and the US will have a visible minority President long before Canada and Europe ever come close to doing the same thing.

Please provide these "first in firsts". Obama may be elected and that won't alter the fact that our Head of States have been women, minorities, immigrants and our ELECTED Legislative head had a women (and numerous European States can claim the same from the UK to Germany) long before Clinton ran for nomination. Sorry, I guess history doesn't support your opinion.

$1:
I remain almost completely convinced, even thought I really don't think that it's all that important in the great scheme of things, that Canada will never have in my lifetime a PM who doesn't have either a French or British last name. It's just the way it is.

Sorry, but if one tracks Canada's political/social trends correctly, they're left with the notion that it's inevitable that an individual will rise to our top Legislative position that isn't a member of the two founding nations (it's already happened provincially, and we've already had a female PM and had female leaders of federal/provincial parties). Sorry, but it'll in my lifetime.

$1:
I know that you wanted to score a few points over Alex with your post but to me it looks like you kind of lost perspective with at least half of your response. Criticism with all due respect of course.

I did score some points and my perspective was just fine, thanks. But, hey, you did try to ignore his glaring Americanphile rhetoric by trying to (unsuccessfully, i might add) rebuff my points with subjective statements rather than objective arguments. I do appreciate your critique of my posts, but you understand that i do see it only as your opinion.