Title: Watchdog group: Dozens of active-duty troops found on neo-Nazi site
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2009-07-10 13:21:38

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Obviously we need to gets these jerks out of uniform, but things like this can turn into witch hunts.

This Hitler Nazi stuff has to go. There are too many Americans lying in graves and at the bottome of the ocean put there by Hitler to tolerate that.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:20 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
Obviously we need to gets these jerks out of uniform, but things like this can turn into witch hunts.

This Hitler Nazi stuff has to go. There are too many Americans lying in graves and at the bottome of the ocean put there by Hitler to tolerate that.

Quite true, unfortunatly it's hard to weed out thoses with neo-nazi feelings. They are in the CF too. I know a guy that joined the Aryan Church in high school, then he moved on to a group called WAR 9White Aryan Nation) and when he graduated school joined directly into the reg force. Thing is that it's not a crime to view these sites so they are essentially powerless.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 pm

If they had been part of a black supremacist or arab supremacist group i don't think this would have made the news.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:36 pm

I like that we have neo-Nazis. It helps remind us what assholes real Nazis were.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:05 pm

While I don't like racist people, i don't see the problem. We are fighting extremism. If that can help them to shoot... why not. It's not like they were equal to us.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Bit weird considering how integrated the US military is,
not really the place for a white supremacist to go.

Blacks are not just cannon fodder anymore either, they have risen
to all ranks. Sorry, doesnt make sense to me, the chances that one of these
would have a black as a superior officer somewhere up the chain are pretty good,
and that should make him very unhappy indeed.

Methinks a little too much smoke is being blown here...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:56 pm

They have gang/ethnic problems on carriers, so integration is still an ongoing process.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:30 pm

martin14 martin14:
Bit weird considering how integrated the US military is,
not really the place for a white supremacist to go.

Try the CAF then. When I was in there were plenty. As long as you keep your beliefs more or less to yourself you would be amazed at how little people really care. In my section of ten men we had 2 guys that were sworn black panthers with 4 guys who had swastikas tattoos. Really, for the most part they were fine. Guns, steady pay and outdoors survival work really draws people like that in. It was the local yokels that were trouble, in by that I mean the civies who like stirring up trouble for the army people. However, you get enough of either the neo-nazi/Panther types together a pack mentality takes over and all bets are off. It's like a prison in that they all have to get along most of the time but sometimes they will spoil for a scrap and in the end it's just a toxic environment in which to function in. Like a dirty secret everyone knows something is going on and it drives away the people who you would most want to serve. Anyone who doesn't know this is living in a state of denial.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:21 am

Then there were the rest of you, who fought over who got the first poke at the livestock.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:06 am

Well, that's just it. They can catch a bullet just like the rest of us when it came down to it. We needed strong backs and wills more then minds and manners. Figured the character building would sort that sort of thing out in the long run and for the most part it did but there were always exceptions...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:21 am

Proculation Proculation:
While I don't like racist people, i don't see the problem. We are fighting extremism. If that can help them to shoot... why not. It's not like they were equal to us.

The problem is twofold. First, if these guys are deployed overseas, then there feelings of racial superiority will not make for winning the locals over an easy proposition. Second, when these guys go back to their civilian lives, they usually end up joining neo0Nazi organisations and bring with them weapons and combat experience which they might use agaisnt their fellow, non-aryan citizens.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 am

There were plenty of Allied soldiers who held similar views of the Japanese and, Chinese and Koreans, yet they got the job done in the Pacific and on the Korean penninsula.
Most of them didn't join the KKK after returning to civilian life. The propoganda used by all sides always tried to dehumanize the enemy. Watch some of the old Bugs Bunny cartoons from the second world war.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:53 am

I'm beginning to wonder if this is some sort of humour dreamed up by a group of people to make the Politically Correct Police go ape.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:28 pm

From what I'm reading here these neo-nazis work along side other races just fine. The other concern would be psychopath nazis who would not mind murdering some of these brown people in other countries. That's a different issue. I just don't see that it's a problem for the army. As a society we have to find room for these extremists.