Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:35 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
DrRosen DrRosen:
I see there's at least a couple of unCanadian folks around a site that's supposed to be Canada kicks ass. Curious, but noted. So are Bart and martin the only dickheads who feel threatened enough by the new guy to slam a red square as a welcome or should I expect to meet some unCanadian retards here?

Maybe you should just shut your fucking mouth and actually contribute to threads instead of acting like an asshole and firing the insults around because you don't agree with what's been said by certain posters.
Adults debate, children resort to name calling without debating. Christ, I got red squared within my first few posts when I joined. I didn't resort to name calling and crying about it in the forums, and in fact, the guy that neg repped me(Public Domain) is now someone I get along with.

Grow the fuck up already!

That's an ironic post. :lol:

This is an ironic thread, so it fits well. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:36 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Maybe you should just shut your fucking mouth and actually contribute to threads instead of acting like an asshole and firing the insults around because you don't agree with what's been said by certain posters.
Adults debate, children resort to name calling without debating. Christ, I got red squared within my first few posts when I joined. I didn't resort to name calling and crying about it in the forums, and in fact, the guy that neg repped me(Public Domain) is now someone I get along with.

This is an ironic thread, so it fits well. :)

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:39 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
DrRosen DrRosen:
I see there's at least a couple of unCanadian folks around a site that's supposed to be Canada kicks ass. Curious, but noted. So are Bart and martin the only dickheads who feel threatened enough by the new guy to slam a red square as a welcome or should I expect to meet some unCanadian retards here?

How so? Dude stormed in here like Christ coming to cleanse the temple, suggesting that certain posters be banned. And yes, while I may be known to fire the insults and cheap shots around from time to time, I try to at least discuss the topic at hand while doing so.

Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:46 am

How so? Dude stormed in here like Christ coming to cleanse the temple, suggesting that certain posters be banned. And yes, while I may be known to fire the insults and cheap shots around from time to time, I try to at least discuss the topic at hand while doing so.

I repeat: I apologize for hijacking this thread into something about me. That was never my intention. I got my back up and that's not like me. I'll try to hold myself to a higher standard moving forward.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:46 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

Reread what you wrote noting in particular what you didn't like about his posting habits...ie name calling, firing off insults, acting like an asshole, demanding adult debating, etc.

It's delicious irony to unload invective on a person as you take them to task for unloading invective on a person. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:59 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Reread what you wrote noting in particular what you didn't like about his posting habits...ie name calling, firing off insults, acting like an asshole, demanding adult debating, etc.

It's delicious irony to unload invective on a person as you take them to task for unloading invective on a person. :wink:

Not really. If he'd said his piece once, big deal. Hell if he'd buried the cheap shots in some discussion of the topic at hand, I'd have probably let it slide, but it was an all out attack on 3 posters in particular. And you may have noticed, I also posted about the actual topic in this thread, I didn't just walk in as a newb and start insulting everyone I disagreed with while suggesting they be banned because they're "un-Canadian".

Talk about irony.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:17 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
DrRosen DrRosen:

I was short on irony so the doctor suggested I take 3000 units daily to make up the difference but, all I really had to do was read this ironic thread twice and I'd have been topped right up. [B-o]

It would have saved me a ton of money. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:18 am

Gunnair Gunnair:

Not really. If he'd said his piece once, big deal. Hell if he'd buried the cheap shots in some discussion of the topic at hand, I'd have probably let it slide, but it was an all out attack on 3 posters in particular. And you may have noticed, I also posted about the actual topic in this thread, I didn't just walk in as a newb and start insulting everyone I disagreed with while suggesting they be banned because they're "un-Canadian".

Talk about irony.

Attacking posters is pretty normal here. It's good to know you'll have everyone's back when the next posters get attacked by someone. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:20 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Gunnair Gunnair:

I was short on irony so the doctor suggested I take 3000 units daily to make up the difference but, all I really had to do was read this ironic thread twice and I'd have been topped right up. [B-o]

It would have saved me a ton of money. :roll:

The bill is in the mail. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:36 am

Talk about irony.

Ok! Let's talk about irony, since you brought it up. Sorry to rehash this thread, but I've been offline with the flu for 3 days.

I had to look up 'Duck Dynasty'. Didn't know what it was. Still not sure, but it seems like it's about some people who make duck calls and are hunting guides in some southern state? Some of these people have colourful and interesting personalities, and to my amazement they actually draw 12 million viewers to the show. TV must really be in the toilet if that is a big show.

Now, CKA isn't known for being a big duck hunting mecca (although I have enjoyed it), so I don't really see who gives a rats ass what these people think about anything. Really, does it matter what some guy in a camo suit sitting in a duck blind in Louisiana honking his duck call (as it were) thinks or believes?

The irony comes in when people complain about something he said, which is his right to say, think and believe, and then tell people what they should say, think and believe because it fits their world views.

MeganC MeganC:
I don't see why this is such a big controversy. They asked a backwoods, Louisiana redneck, fundamentalist Christian what he thought about homosexuality and they're shocked by his answer? :roll:

R=UP

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

R=UP

Gunnair Gunnair:

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:02 am

DrRosen DrRosen:
Actually, I'm not a noob. I've been a member for several years, though I don't often post. And I haven't been anything but decent. I read a bunch of your and Fiddledog's past posts before declaring him a nutjob and you a rude, angry jerk. If I'm off the mark, I'll retract that, but it seems most of the rest of the regulars here (save Bart Simpson, who's already sent me a psychotic and threatening private measage) agree with me.

But yeah, I guess it's my fault for aggitatung the lunatics here.

You lying sack of shit.

The moderation staff has my permission to verify and validate the private messages I sent to you to prove that you're a lying sack of shit.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Love those PMs and neg reps, wondering how many times martin can use moron before he can think of a new insult. :D

Talking of which I see fidly didly has switched off his. Maybe red wasn't his colour after all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:30 pm

Too bad. He looked like he had promise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Talking of which I see fidly didly has switched off his.

Really? Name-calling with twisty names? Kind of juvenile don't you think? So now what? I start calling you Desert Dud? That would be childish, but what the Hell, when in Rome, I guess.

So now we're going sit here and throw niggling bitches at each other are we? I think this thread is running out of juice for actual discussion myself.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 pm

I prefer desert dung myself. :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18 ... 34  Next