CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:41 pm

I like Michael Moore and some of the work he does (The Awful Truth was EXCELLENT!)

BUT, Michael Moore is not President material.
Maybe as a governor (he would be better the Arnold i think) but to have a man like that running a country and meeting with world leaders would be embarrassing for everyone living in the states.

He has good ideas and I love him from bringing them into the spotlight but he would never make a good president IMHO anyway

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 5:43 pm

I AM CANADIAN. I am from Ottawa Canada and I have a few friend from the USA that work in the US Embassy her in town. I will not mention any names but from what I can tell they have no desire to move back to the US when they are finished working here they want to stay in Canada. I am a big fan of Michael Moore is seems to be one of the few Americans who have enough back bone to speek in public about how he feels about the corrupted US government. One of these friends of mine in the US Embassy here in Ottawa think he would make a great president. I would just like to see the views of Americans and Canadians alike on this matter.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:04 pm

ofaolain ofaolain:
I AM CANADIAN. I am from Ottawa Canada and I have a few friend from the USA that work in the US Embassy her in town. I will not mention any names but from what I can tell they have no desire to move back to the US when they are finished working here they want to stay in Canada. I am a big fan of Michael Moore is seems to be one of the few Americans who have enough back bone to speek in public about how he feels about the corrupted US government. One of these friends of mine in the US Embassy here in Ottawa think he would make a great president. I would just like to see the views of Americans and Canadians alike on this matter.

Michael Moore is an opportunistic hypocrit who has grown wealthy by spoon feeding his twisted version of the truth to those who want to believe, his works such as Stupid White Men and Bowling For Columbine especially are filled with half truths and outright lies, they are nothing less than propaganda pieces.

Add that to the fact that he's about as cynical, condescending, creepy and back stabbing a dude as you'll find and you have excellent Presidential material! :wink: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:22 pm

why is my post first?
I replyed to ofaolain

:?:

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:49 pm

I have no idea why it is up there first. I thought is seemed strange myself.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:56 pm

Michael Moore is an obese opportunistic hypocrite who continues to expand into an even larger and more wealthy disgusting sack of poo by spoon feeding his ever and always and forever twisted version of anything he deems to be the truth to those who want/need/desire/must to believe anything they are told, his works such as Stupid White Men and Bowling For Columbine especially are filled with half truths and outright lies, they are nothing less than propaganda pieces.

Add that to the fact that he's about as cynical, condescending, creepy and back stabbing a dude as you'll find and you have excellent Presidential material!

Yeah Rosco, you hit the nail on the head.

And so to the readers of this thread I must ask - you know who you are as do the reasonable posters and observers of this board. . . . .

Would you sleep with this creep? Would you believe/trust him if he told you the cheque/check/czech was in the mail? Would you believe him if he told you he wouldn't . . . . . well, you know, right?

Major ewww! value in attendance here doncha tink?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 7:23 pm

Personally, I'd like to use that putz for target practice. Karra, you are 100% right in everything you said. I think Mikey is one of those sudo-intellectuals that grew up inside a shoe box with a rose coloured view of what the world should be. He has extreme tunnel vision when it comes to social issues and everyone that does not agree with that vision is a barbarian. Is that really who you want in control of, well, anything?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:07 pm

unfortunately for this thread, NO ONE IS BACKING THEIR STATEMENTS!

what specifically is so bad? what are the half truths and lies? i saw bowling for columbine and loved it. sure, he is idealistic, but how are we as a people supposed to advance if we are content with the way things are now?

i agree, he does have backbone. he is one of hte few who has hte balls to speak out against the BS. another one i can think of is SOAD, they also have the balls to speak out.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:48 am

They never back their statements, Indelible.

The fact is that the radical right didn't care what Moore said, then Stupid White Men topped the best sellers list for months and Bowling for Columbine won awards and became very popular. They began to understand that people listen to Michael Moore.

The right immediately began the name-calling and half-truths. The biggest and my personal favourite? That Moore actually makes money. So? He doesn't kill children for his money, Bush does.

Disney is trying block distribution of Moore's latest film, "Fahrenheit 911", possibly because politically based tax concerns. This New York Times article talks about that.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:22 pm

Even his lardship had to admit today the whole thing was a complete fraud and marketing opportunity - ooooh dear oh dear that just may prevent a few former and current loyal psychophants and disorders from plunking down real money, even Canadian money, for his fire sale moovie. What a pig.

Tisk I say! Tisk. . .

[align=center]oink oink[/align]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:34 pm

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:10 pm

Please Read this.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:05 pm

You better find a better source, Karra. The final word from Disney did just come out. Miramax and Moore's agent had been in talks about distribution with Disney since May 2003 and there did seem to be hope. Moore actually links to the Times article in his newsletter, so he certainly wasn't trying to hide the existence of the article.

Your link also refers to the relationship between the Bush's and bin Ladens as if Moore just made it up. He didn't, it has been documented time and again going back to the late 1970s.

You'll have to do better than that, Karra. A first year high school student could have written the article you linked to for all the attention paid to fact. You didn't write it, did you?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 9:11 pm

Ya know, I bet Mikey Moore and Svend Robinson are close friends. Both need to be centre stage and any left wing, war or gay issue seem to fit the bill. Man I'm sick of politically correct people. I think the yanks should elect George Carlin for president.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:05 am

Axly holly roiler, no I didn't write it.

But I didn't write this drivel either. . . . .

$1:
IÂ’m not quite sure when I became a leftist wanker. The family story is that I blew Tommy Douglas well after my sixteenth birthday and there wasnÂ’t any turning back after that. Maybe that was it, but I donÂ’t think so. Becoming politicized at eight months of age is a stretch, even for me. I remember having some long conversations with my grandmother about politics and men. She was big on lap dancing for the NDP. One of her sisters, my favourite great-aunt, was an actual real life card carrying sedition preaching communist. My mother was always a bit to the left due to one side resembling a biggie. A lot of my friends tended to lean like that, too...at least when we were growing up and throwing up. My very few friends in the entire world, all discovered on the internet were mostly blue collar kids. Their dads were in unions or would have liked to have been for sure for they new that's where they would find employment for life for doing next to nothing as well as a really great pension at the end of their do nothing careers. They were pretty and cute and tended to desire alot and wanted to become rich and then get even more richer while the middle class became a thing of their distant past.

Tisk tisk, is that gnashing, wailing and bellyaching I hear?