bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:27 am

Thats totaly Fed up about your friend Benn. This whole event is so freaking messed up, sad, tragic and other words just don't seem to cover it properly. This is happening all to offten now. Random terror attacks in the attempt to do what exactly? It can not be said to have the USA or other nations leave the area? Yet to my knowlage we have a very small presence there? Convert to their ideals of the Muslim religion? Not exactly winning over people hearts and minds this way. Best I can come up with is that they are a bunch of angry people who just want to make others suffer.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:42 am

$1:
Security sources said there were at least 10 attackers, including one woman, but there could have been as many as 15. One eyewitness, a 16-year-old Kenyan girl who escaped on Saturday, said the female militant might have been "mzungu", the Swahili for white person.

The possibility of a white attacker has fuelled speculation that a British terror suspect, Samantha Lewthwaite, nicknamed the "White Widow", could be involved in the plot. She was married to 7 July bomber Jermaine Lindsay, and was last year named on a Kenyan police wanted list over alleged links to a suspected terrorist cell.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... ge-assault

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 am

CBC was saying one of the attackers may be a woman from Ontario. If so I hope the bitch is dead or dying.......slooooooowly and painfully.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:58 am

Brenda Brenda:
Benn Benn:
The one was a Diplomat (Immigration Officer) who started on the job with a friend of our's husband. The mall is popular among the expat community there. The guys went in to target non muslims so this was a prime target.

BTW, our Department of Foreign Affairs does not give survivors benefits of any kind (pension or otherwise) to spouses of Diplomats who die while serving their country overseas. Her husband most likely was unemployed (would have left his job so she could serve hers) and basically will get his trip home paid for then be on his own. Most life insurance policies won't cover her either while she's over there.

Canadian and her husband named here:
http://t.news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/ca ... nked-group

You gotta be kidding, right?
You send your Diplomats to a dangerous country and they just have to fend for themselves??

Kenya is generally a pretty safe place.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 am

Kenya is such Kenya

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:07 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
Kenya is such Kenya

I've been there before and found the people to be very friendly, well-educated, and starkly different from the human detritus that live just across the border in Somalia. It's a lingering effect of the British influence that's left Kenya as probably the most stable and consistently prosperous country in Africa.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 am

In the mix of this we should not forget that adherents of The Religion of Peace also attacked a church in Pakistan and murdered 80 people on Sunday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/23/world ... .html?_r=0

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:05 am

What do you think? Is this a good opportunity to open up some NRA chapters in sub-Saharan Africa?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:10 am

Benn Benn:
Excuse my ignorance. What is SISIP? At present Diplomats are spread over two for sure, possibly three different unions.

There is health insurance. Which in most part of the world will get you access to the best local (private) medical care. This only serves to highlight how poor our public system is here.

Basically last I knew there was no concrete policy on what happens after the body and spouse are re- patriated. Which means they can do pretty much anything. Hopefully they will man up on this one.

Sorry don't think I will ever get out of the habit of speaking in letters.

SISIP is the insurance offered to the Canadian military. They do pay out for more than the civy insurance will.

There really needs to be some form of policy as their job does come with risk that you may not find other wise. Unfortunately people don't think beyond their experance so have no idea that this sort of thing goes on. I guess I have fallen into that as I have never thought of these problems. I do know if spouses are going to put their jobs on hold to go with they have to have some reasonable safty net if something happens. Insurance should not break your buget when it is job related. That said all you need is someone in Ottawa that can and will think to be aware of the problems faced. Having lived in Ottawa off and on that may be the bigest problem of all! Governments don't do comon sence well.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
What do you think? Is this a good opportunity to open up some NRA chapters in sub-Saharan Africa?

Before you get too snarky do take the time to note that the recent mass killings have all occured in places where even the majority of the security guards were unarmed.

At the Navy Yard the Marines on duty had rifles but were not allowed to have ammunition, firing pins, or bayonets.

At the shopping mall in Nairobi the security guards and local police on scene were only allowed to carry truncheons.

So at the very least it might be wise to revisit the notion of having the security personnel disarmed because that policy is obviously dumb-f*ck stupid. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:22 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
PostFactum PostFactum:
Kenya is such Kenya

I've been there before and found the people to be very friendly, well-educated, and starkly different from the human detritus that live just across the border in Somalia. It's a lingering effect of the British influence that's left Kenya as probably the most stable and consistently prosperous country in Africa.

Kenya and Tanzania were both pretty stable places.......as was Rhodesia.

As for Somalia, as I've mentioned before, I spent a few years working there and I found that most folk there wanted the same thing that everyone else wanted, peace, security and the opportunity to just live and watch their children grow. Unfortunately, many Islamists see themselves at war with the rest of the world and those who don't practice their Saudi inspired and financed version of Islam. These pricks are running the show in too many places, including Somalia and Afghanistan.

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:24 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Before you get too snarky do take the time to note that the recent mass killings have all occured in places where even the majority of the security guards were unarmed.

At the Navy Yard the Marines on duty had rifles but were not allowed to have ammunition, firing pins, or bayonets.

At the shopping mall in Nairobi the security guards and local police on scene were only allowed to carry truncheons.

So at the very least it might be wise to revisit the notion of having the security personnel disarmed because that policy is obviously dumb-f*ck stupid. :idea:

So, if EVERYBODY has RPGs everybody is safe! How is that program going over arming kindergarten teachers with heavy ordinance, down there in the Exited States?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 am

So, if EVERYBODY has RPGs everybody is safe! How is that program going over arming kindergarten teachers with heavy ordinance, down there in the Exited States?

Stop trying to derail this thread with stupid nonsense please.

If you need to whine about another country's gun laws ( again ),
go to another thread.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:32 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Kenya and Tanzania were both pretty stable places.......as was Rhodesia.

Rhodesia was doing just fine until they became Zimbabwe and got the bright idea to steal themselves into prosperity.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am

Jackass. :roll:

Last edited by BartSimpson on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.