bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If lawn signs are any indication, I think the Alberta Party is going to pick up a few seats in Edmonton. In several ridings on my commute, their signs far outnumber NDP and in some cases, appear to outnumber UCP signs.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If lawn signs are any indication, I think the Alberta Party is going to pick up a few seats in Edmonton. In several ridings on my commute, their signs far outnumber NDP and in some cases, appear to outnumber UCP signs.

I'm seeing more than a few in my neighborhood.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:41 pm

It was basically a slam-dunk for Kenney, that he was going to win the leadership race. Brian Jean just wasn't dynamic enough and had too many knives out for him for supporting the PC/WRA merger. So why did Kenney and his people decide that, even with a sure win, they had to cheat any way they could to guarantee it? This is where the true problem lies with Kenney. He'll run his government in the exact same way he ran his leadership campaign, in the sleaziest and dirtiest manner imaginable just to deliver the "get 'er done!" that the no-minds who support him are demanding.

Trumpworld has come to Alberta. We are well and truly fucked. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanos Thanos:
So why did Kenney and his people decide that, even with a sure win, they had to cheat any way they could to guarantee it?

Why did the scorpion sting the frog? It was his nature.

Thanos Thanos:
This is where the true problem lies with Kenney. He'll run his government in the exact same way he ran his leadership campaign, in the sleaziest and dirtiest manner imaginable just to deliver the "get 'er done!" that the no-minds who support him are demanding.

Trumpworld has come to Alberta. We are well and truly fucked. :|

Let's just put our feet up and watch the province burn. [B-o]

I was going to plant a couple cannabis plants, but now I might plant extra. Just for the lulz.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:08 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I was going to plant a couple cannabis plants, but now I might plant extra. Just for the lulz.

Watch him go full Bible Bill and implement every petty rule and regulation he can to vex the cannabis industry, just to placate the so-con crazies that make up so much of his base of support. He can't criminalize it because that's federal territory. Everything else though in terms of regulating growing and retail sales is in provincial jurisdiction which means a province can bring it to a standstill just out of sheer pettiness and for their own political gain among the nimrods.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:39 pm

$1:
Why did the scorpion sting the frog? It was his nature.

One of my most favorite proverbs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:42 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Why did the scorpion sting the frog?

Because the frog can jump and swim and the scorpion can only crawl and sting. Therefore even though the frog was a trusting and helpful fellow the scorpion had to kill him in the name of social justice and equality.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Jason Kenney is the savior of Alberta.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:47 am

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Watch him go full Bible Bill and implement every petty rule and regulation he can to vex the cannabis industry, just to placate the so-con crazies that make up so much of his base of support. He can't criminalize it because that's federal territory. Everything else though in terms of regulating growing and retail sales is in provincial jurisdiction which means a province can bring it to a standstill just out of sheer pettiness and for their own political gain among the nimrods.

With the soaring valuation of pot stocks, that would be a very bad move indeed.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 am

$1:
Worries about UCP leadership vote raised 2 months before Kenney declared leader

Leaked emails have revealed that concerns over the 2017 UCP leadership vote were raised with the party weeks before Jason Kenney clinched the top job.

The revelations come as the RCMP continue to investigate the race, which culminated with Kenney being declared leader of the UCP on Oct. 28, 2017.

In an email obtained by Global News, dated Aug. 26, 2017, Hamish Marshall, who served on Brian Jean’s leadership campaign, flagged concerns to the party’s lawyer and threatened to go public, even including a draft press release.

Marshall condemned the “complete absence of scrutineering opportunities in the qualifying and voting process.”

Marshall’s email was among a trove of communications leaked to media, including Global News, that show communications between the Kenney campaign and that of former candidate Jeff Callaway, who allegedly ran as a kamikaze candidate to take out Brian Jean. Callaway withdrew his candidacy part-way through the campaign and threw his support behind Kenney.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5154063/2017 ... ed-emails/

If Kenny wins his riding, and if the UCP wins Government; Alberta will get the government it deserves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am

Yeah... It'll be fun watching burn.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:56 am

llama66 llama66:
Yeah... It'll be fun watching burn.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:35 pm

What a dick. And probably not a Notley supporter either. :roll:

https://calgarysun.com/news/local-news/ ... 3b4140b0c4

I don't buy into any of this white privilege crap. Old farts like this though? Yeah, there's definitely a privilege problem with too many of these permanently angry old fuckers who think they can do what they want even if they're breaking the law. :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:12 am

I kind of like these:

https://globalnews.ca/news/5154020/albe ... ucp-signs/

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 16  Next