Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:05 am

No problems Gunny. Please, do tell me who poses the biggest threat in Canada currently?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
No problems Gunny. Please, do tell me who poses the biggest threat in Canada currently?

Sorry, EB, your belligerence here suggests that you're not worth the trouble of engaging.

Find someone else to fight with in the sandbox.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:10 am

Awww,bless you Gunny. Those were very belligerent posts. I suppose they were too scary. So scary that you can't answer a simple question.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:16 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Awww,bless you Gunny. Those were very belligerent posts. I suppose they were too scary. So scary that you can't answer a simple question.....

Sorry, EB, there's nothing scary about your posts. :lol:

You're not looking for a discussion, you're looking for an argument. That's fine. Just look elsewhere.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:02 am

Actually I was challenging your posistion on this thread. You can't take debate anymore?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:25 am

Wow. I've seen this kind of behaviour from you on a few threads with a few others. Maybe you should find another outlet for your inner anger. Or answer the question relevant to this thread;

Who poses the biggest terrorist threat to Canada these days?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:27 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Actually I was challenging your posistion on this thread. You can't take debate anymore?

I can. However, you've demonstrated a tendency to get very personal very quickly in the past, ridiculing my service in the RCN when it suits you to score some point, so I've decided not to engage with you, EB. I've spent too much time in the service of my country and too much time deployed away from home to have it ridiculed by guys like you.

Frankly, I thought that behaviour was beneath you, but clearly I was wrong.

So as I said, just moving on.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 am

$1:
you've demonstrated a tendency to get very personal very quickly in the past

And you haven't?? :roll: FFS most of us are guilty of this, and you seem to forget that that includes you, as others can attest to. Take a midol already

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:15 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Jonny_C Jonny_C:
A terrorist problem exists when you have to arrest and convict people of planning terrorist acts too. Successful acts are not the measure of the problem.

Correct. However, the last bombings were done by non-Muslim domestics. A fact conveniently overlooked in the rush to amp up the usual Muslims are bad party line.

Sorry, late coming back to this thread.

Our attitudes are shaped by what happens here and what happens elsewhere - particularly in countries or to nationals whom we consider similar to us, such as American, Western European, Australian, Israeli. Without question, most terrorism that targets innocent civilians, whether advocated, planned or actually carried out, is by Islamists. Our reaction to that, and our stereotyping, is actually more restrained than anyone has a right to expect. We constantly, and consciously, fight against the idea that (all) "Muslims are bad", and look for reasons not to think that way.

Even the Americans, who have suffered greatly from 9/11 and other planned or executed attacks, have tried hard to maintain a distinction between Islamists and Muslims in general. The latest example of that is the media coverage of the recent Boston bombing.

So I'm saying that where you see a "rush to amp up", I am seeing more in the way of restraint and cool heads. I see as further evidence of that that there is significant complaint from some quarters that we are burying our heads in the sand.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:08 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

And you haven't?? :roll: FFS most of us are guilty of this, and you seem to forget that that includes you, as others can attest to. Take a midol already

This made me laugh out loud. :lol:

The only reason he won't answer the question is that he already knows the real answer and won't say it. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:49 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
$1:

This made me laugh out loud. :lol:

The only reason he won't answer the question is that he already knows the real answer and won't say it. :lol:

Woof. ;)

Nuance the question maybe.

Who has had success and what preposterous and amateur attempts have been thwarted?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:52 am

$1:

Arguing with your own toes today.

Shocking. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Jonny_C Jonny_C:
A terrorist problem exists when you have to arrest and convict people of planning terrorist acts too. Successful acts are not the measure of the problem.

Correct. However, the last bombings were done by non-Muslim domestics. A fact conveniently overlooked in the rush to amp up the usual Muslims are bad party line.

Sorry, late coming back to this thread.

Our attitudes are shaped by what happens here and what happens elsewhere - particularly in countries or to nationals whom we consider similar to us, such as American, Western European, Australian, Israeli. Without question, most terrorism that targets innocent civilians, whether advocated, planned or actually carried out, is by Islamists. Our reaction to that, and our stereotyping, is actually more restrained than anyone has a right to expect. We constantly, and consciously, fight against the idea that (all) "Muslims are bad", and look for reasons not to think that way.

Even the Americans, who have suffered greatly from 9/11 and other planned or executed attacks, have tried hard to maintain a distinction between Islamists and Muslims in general. The latest example of that is the media coverage of the recent Boston bombing.

So I'm saying that where you see a "rush to amp up", I am seeing more in the way of restraint and cool heads. I see as further evidence of that that there is significant complaint from some quarters that we are burying our heads in the sand.

Need to respond later not on iPhone. Interesting points however.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 am

Gunny's out driving around in a DODGE on his iPhone :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:11 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Gunny's out driving around in a DODGE on his iPhone :lol:

Okay, I'll play with you OTI. ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next