Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Benn
Date: 2010-05-14 06:33:21
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:38 am

Biased? CBC? Naaaahhhh!

Results should be good for a laugh I'm sure, though they will likely be biased............

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:46 am

I'm thinking that if you have to take this step then you can pretty much say yes.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:55 am

Can we come up with a study to determine how to best dismantle the CBC, or at least cut it's funding and let it sink or swim on its own?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:05 am

I hope they investigate the separatist biased opinions on Radio-Canada (French CBC). On both TV and much more radio 1 channel.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:18 am

Proculation Proculation:
I hope they investigate the separatist biased opinions on Radio-Canada (French CBC). On both TV and much more radio 1 channel.

I listen 3))

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:20 am

The CBC isn't biased. The cover news from both a Liberal angle and an anti-Conservative angle! :wink:

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:47 am

Bias in the news is not limited to CBC. At least they're willing to try and change.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:51 am

So whats unusual. Here in the USA the media is falling all over itself to praise Obama and the democrats. And, curse the republican party.
The only honest radio is talk radio.
The right and the left have their own kick the other guys bottom talking heads.
More shows for the right than the left.
At least you know these people are knee deep BIAS. Thats their job.

And, Public radio and television are totally Bias. Well, the government owns them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:52 am

daVinci daVinci:
Bias in the news is not limited to CBC. At least they're willing to try and change.

I was being a little tongue in cheel with my comment. The CBC isn't as bad as it used to be but if you follow them on-line and read any comments after a story you will realise that 90% or more of the comments come from the left side of the political spectrum. And a good portion of those come from the lunatic left side. 8O

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 am

"Independent" studies aren't that independent when they're funded/commissioned by the organization being studied.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:46 am

CBC to study whether its news is biased.....and in other news, experts will study if Brown Bears are Brown.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:57 am

Compared to some other media sources, they aren't that bad. Some of their reporters do show some bias, but I think overall the CBC isn't as biased as Fox, the Western Standard or the Star. I still think CBC is better than Global.

Of course, none of those groups are funded by the government, but given that everyone relies almost 100% on foreign programming (from the US or somewhere else), I still think the CBC is necessary. CTV and Global are basically branch plants of Fox, NBC, ABC, and CBS.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:18 am

CTV has a strong vein of anti-Harper rhetoric that is ever present. They are also less than supportive of the Afghan mission. They routinely drag up Steven Staples of the 'Rideau Institute' to comment on military matters. This guy is about as anti military and anti-establishment as it gets.

CTV news also used to have that wanker Steve Chau on it too. I heard he was basically shunned by the Army guys in Afghanistan and that he refused to go outside the wire. He now works for Al Jazzerah.

Lets call it as it is, TV journalists and TV commentators in Canada are from the left side of the political spectrum, just like most cops and army guys are from the right side of the same spectrum.

The media leans left. We don't need a study to see that.

Last edited by EyeBrock on Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:25 am

angler57 angler57:
So whats unusual. Here in the USA the media is falling all over itself to praise Obama and the democrats. And, curse the republican party.

And, Public radio and television are totally Bias. Well, the government owns them.

ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and the rest aren't government funded.