canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 am

Title: #HarperBlamesAlbertans Takes Off After Harper Calls Alberta NDP Government A 'Disaster'
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2015-08-05 10:54:45
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:52 am

I guess we take the NDP Post's word that there was an eruption of tweets over this, considering "the best of" don't work in the article. Hey Rachael, your hat's on backwards. I know, it's hard to turn it around when you've got one thumb stuck up your ass and your other hand is in the cookie jar playing with the $6B you just borrowed and don't know what your going to spend it on.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
I guess we take the NDP Post's word that there was an eruption of tweets over this, considering "the best of" don't work in the article.

Works for me. The best I read so far "Harper is huddled in a closet and muttering 'As God is my witness, I didn't think Albertans spoke French'"

Hey Rachael, your hat's on backwards. I know, it's hard to turn it around when you've got one thumb stuck up your ass and your other hand is in the cookie jar playing with the $6B you just borrowed and don't know what your going to spend it on.

As opposed to the $8 - $11 billion budget deficit for 2014 - 2015? You know, before they were elected?

The best part about Harper's rant is that he thinks the budget is a 'disaster', one that hasn't even been authored yet because everyone is away on summer holidays. Not partisan at all!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Why does he insist on going after the provinces constantly? Just doesn't play well with others.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Alberta NDP haven't been in office long enough to be "a disaster" or anything good, for that matter.

Reminds of when Obama first got elected and pretty much the day after he was sworn in, the Republicans were like "look, he's run the country into the ground!"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Why does he insist on going after the provinces constantly? Just doesn't play well with others.

Probably trying to shore up local morale among the troops after the debacle Prentice & Smith triggered. You should read some of the comments in the SUN these days. The morons are going on like the world was entirely perfect in all aspects until the Dippers won the provincial election. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:38 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I guess we take the NDP Post's word that there was an eruption of tweets over this, considering "the best of" don't work in the article.

Works for me.

Well it should work for you, you've got a subscription for the Tabloid, it fails on 3 devices I used

Hey Rachael, your hat's on backwards. I know, it's hard to turn it around when you've got one thumb stuck up your ass and your other hand is in the cookie jar playing with the $6B you just borrowed and don't know what your going to spend it on.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
As opposed to the $8 - $11 billion budget deficit for 2014 - 2015? You know, before they were elected?

I get to say it, apples to oranges. Your talking a full year, the $6Billion just borrowed is just to get us through Sept.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
The best part about Harper's rant is that he thinks the budget is a 'disaster', one that hasn't even been authored yet because everyone is away on summer holidays. Not partisan at all!

This from the story.
$1:
“We have an experiment like this going on in Alberta right now,” Harper said.

“The Alberta government, the new NDP government, in their first action they are incapable of presenting a budget. They raised taxes … the result is a disaster.

An emergency session prehaps??? Is there a rule they have to take 4 months off.

Your making shit up on the go again Doc, could the Alberta DP's hiding their budget so as to not harm the Beard's chance in the Federal election.

The resulting disaster is the $Billions of investment $ slowly slipping away because there is no guidance from these bozos.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:55 pm

The economy in Alberta was bound to go tits-up regardless of who is in charge. When the Saudi's (and their OPEC minions) de-value oil like they have, and Alberta's needs oil prices to be above a certain value (I think $65) and when its not, no one is going to invest in something that causes them to lose money.

The NDP do need to get off their butts and present a budget, and I do suspect they don't want to hurt Fed NDP's chances.

But to say Alberta is a disaster is bullshit. They've been in power 4 months, give them a chance to succeed or fail on their own merits, not those of the preceding government.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Sounds like Alberta might need a firewall to protect it from aggressive federal encroachment:

$1:
It is imperative to take the initiative, to build firewalls around Alberta, to limit the extent to which an aggressive and hostile federal government can encroach upon legitimate provincial jurisdiction.

~Stephen Harper 2001

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Delwin Delwin:
Sounds like Alberta might need a firewall to protect it from aggressive federal encroachment:

$1:
It is imperative to take the initiative, to build firewalls around Alberta, to limit the extent to which an aggressive and hostile federal government can encroach upon legitimate provincial jurisdiction.

~Stephen Harper 2001

Just curious, but do you think the same way you used to 14 years ago? Are you the same person?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:41 pm

No. I just think its ironic that the same person that was complaining about government encroachment is now the one doing the encroaching.

Oh how the tide has turned!, it would appear that the hunter has become the hunted !, Now the shoe is on the other foot, Le chasseur devient le chassé... and that type of thing.

Just an observation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:56 pm

What is it? Two months into the Alberta government's mandate and it is a total "disaster?" Like the sinking of the Andrea Doria type of disaster? Like a massive earthquake disaster?

Harper had better get a grip and stop saying stupid things. The Alberta government have hardly unpacked their suitcases and anything going sideways there right now can only be the result of the previous Provincial government or Harper's own government. You can legitimately blame them for stuff in two or three year's time. Do I smell a panic reaction to recent polling?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Delwin Delwin:
No. I just think its ironic that the same person that was complaining about government encroachment is now the one doing the encroaching.

Oh how the tide has turned!, it would appear that the hunter has become the hunted !, Now the shoe is on the other foot, Le chasseur devient le chassé... and that type of thing.

Just an observation.

Times change. Politicians are people too yet we expect them to be different.

We expect them to have the same views and opinions 20 years later. We don't expect them to evolve. They never learn. They should be the same.

A lot has happened in the last 15 years for you, me and Harper. To look back on something he or any other politician said 15 years ago is just dumb.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:47 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Delwin Delwin:

Just an observation.

Times change. Politicians are people too yet we expect them to be different.

We expect them to have the same views and opinions 20 years later. We don't expect them to evolve. They never learn. They should be the same.

A lot has happened in the last 15 years for you, me and Harper. To look back on something he or any other politician said 15 years ago is just dumb.
No, absolutism is just dumb(usually). 15 years is a long time. I am changed, but at heart I am the same person. What is different is a result of new experience and understanding.

That doesn't apply in this case, federal encroachment on provincial jurisdiction was wrong when Harper spoke about it in 2001 and it is wrong now. He is the prime minister and needs to get his nose out of provincial business.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Delwin Delwin:
He is the prime minister and needs to get his nose out of provincial business.

Then please tell Kathleen Wynne to keep her nose out of federal business.