Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:06 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
Gays are more uptight than Fiddledog reporting on institutional predjuce against Anglo Saxons.

ROTFL

You just made 'The List'!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:29 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So it looks like the people who replaced Ford are almost as big a bunch of self entitled assholes as he is. :D
The people who replaced Ford? Did I miss something on my long winters nap?

Apparently the Council decided that Ford wasn't the guy to be the face or running the City so they devolved alot of his duties and responsibilities to the Deputy Mayor who went on holidays while the city froze. And yes I know it was only for one day but had Ford done that he would have been crucified and rightly so.

So why should his Deputy Mayor get a pass especially since that same council that Kelly is a member of used the image excuse to try and remove Ford as the face of the City?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
ROTFL Love the look on Ford's face in the photo. It's that "why me lord" look.

So it looks like the people who replaced Ford are almost as big a bunch of self entitled assholes as he is. Is it something in the water down there? :D

Rob Ford didn't end up in trouble for being a "self entitled asshole." He ran into trouble for doing crack and running with gangsters.

What would you consider his actions and piss poor denials about running with gangsters and doing crack indicate?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:16 pm

While there's no way it made any difference in the actual work being done to restore things it was obviously a poor decision in terms of the optics of it. However, the man is experienced enough to know that, so I assume he just decided for once "fuck the politics, I want to see my family." In which case, I have to give him a little respect.

Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Funny that the same people ripping Kelly for taking a day with his family are the same people who said "family comes first, leave the man alone" when Ford was criticized for taking family time at the cottage. Funnier still those people are ripping Kelly at all given that he's a staunchly pro-business, relatively conservative person and a long time Ford ally.

I wonder if anyone'd said anything at all if he'd gone to Ottawa or Barrie or Windsor for a family dinner instead of Florida.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Unsound Unsound:
While there's no way it made any difference in the actual work being done to restore things it was obviously a poor decision in terms of the optics of it. However, the man is experienced enough to know that, so I assume he just decided for once "fuck the politics, I want to see my family." In which case, I have to give him a little respect.

He could have gone for a week (or 2). He went for a day. I don't really see the big deal. Would anyone have bitched if he went to the next door neighbours to eat there?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm

So why should his Deputy Mayor get a pass especially since that same council that
Are you asking me? Why? I live in Saskatoon where the Mayor is a good guy. I haven't been in TO for about 30 years and although I was born there, I have no family there at all and no interest in going there. So, why ask me? :lol:

P.S. I have known a number of Ford like characters in my time, but most of them finally grew up. The people I know or knew who are like the Deputy Mayor didn't get that way until they were more mature and (shall we say)freakin older :P. I wouldn't have been too surprised to hear Ford was seen running shirtless with a bottle of booze and shoeless through the snow in a blackout area yelling "I love you guys!" at the top of his lungs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:06 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:

So why should his Deputy Mayor get a pass especially since that same council that
Are you asking me? Why? I live in Saskatoon where the Mayor is a good guy. I haven't been in TO for about 30 years and although I was born there, I have no family there at all and no interest in going there. So, why ask me? :lol:

P.S. I have known a number of Ford like characters in my time, but most of them finally grew up. The people I know or knew who are like the Deputy Mayor didn't get that way until they were more mature and (shall we say)freakin older :P. I wouldn't have been too surprised to hear Ford was seen running shirtless with a bottle of booze and shoeless through the snow in a blackout area yelling "I love you guys!" at the top of his lungs.

Sorry, didn't mean to disrupt your nap and I'll be more thoughtful in the future when discussing subjects you've missed because of your hibernation cycle. :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to disrupt your nap and I'll be more thoughtful in the future when discussing subjects you've missed because of your hibernation cycle. :P

Well thanks for your freakin' Old help Freakinoldguy, now I feel like
:P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:26 am

fifeboy fifeboy:

Well thanks for your freakin' Old help Freakinoldguy, now I feel like
:P

No problem but, given that the discussion's been about Rob Ford do you have that video with a Zeppelin vice missile strike? :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:13 am

Brenda Brenda:
Would anyone have bitched if he went to the next door neighbours to eat there?

Not if he brought blankets and a genset! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:36 am

DrRosen DrRosen:
Funny that the same people ripping Kelly for taking a day with his family are the same people who said "family comes first, leave the man alone" when Ford was criticized for taking family time at the cottage. Funnier still those people are ripping Kelly at all given that he's a staunchly pro-business, relatively conservative person and a long time Ford ally.

I wonder if anyone'd said anything at all if he'd gone to Ottawa or Barrie or Windsor for a family dinner instead of Florida.

The difference is twofold. A)Kelley was the Premier's contact for the emergency, and B)I'd hardly call the Pride Parade an emergency.
And that's the point, Kelley left in the middle of what was essentially a natural disaster in his city, even if it was just for a day.

Which brings up another question. On whose dime did Kelley travel to Florida?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:50 am

The mayor of Oshawa (also heavily hit) buggered off to Jamaica for the week. He doesn't see that he did anyything wrong and, I suppose that technically, he didn't. The voters in Oshawa, though ...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:29 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:

How is that a question? He is paid by the taxpayer, so regardless of whether he files it as travel expenses or doesn't file it at all, the taxpayer pays. As they do for his food, the gifts he gives his children, and his donations to charity.

Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:07 pm

The difference is twofold. A)Kelley was the Premier's contact for the emergency, and B)I'd hardly call the Pride Parade an emergency.
And that's the point, Kelley left in the middle of what was essentially a natural disaster in his city, even if it was just for a day.

It may be an issue of optics but it's mostly looking for an issue that doesn't exist for political hay.

If he traveled for a family ocassion on anyone's dime but his own then there is an issue here that the public should be enraged about. But given Kelly's reputation, I strongly suspect that such a suggestion would be unfounded.