canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Title: Ice Storm= Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly makes quick trip to Florida | Toronto Star
Category: Political
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2013-12-26 19:54:37
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:52 pm

ROTFL Love the look on Ford's face in the photo. It's that "why me lord" look.

So it looks like the people who replaced Ford are almost as big a bunch of self entitled assholes as he is. Is it something in the water down there? :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:53 pm

Well, when the people call their city 'the centre of the Universe'... What does that tell ya? ;-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:11 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

So it looks like the people who replaced Ford are almost as big a bunch of self entitled assholes as he is. Is it something in the water down there? :D

Almost ?

At least Ford stuck around, and didn't take off for a holiday.

It isn't the water, it's that classic liberal arrogance. :D

Still, is it 'Why me', or, 'Thank God it's not me'. :lol:

Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:48 am

Norm Kelly's a liberal now? He's 72 years old. Of course he's taking a winter vacation in Florida (for one whole evening, wow!) What's he supposed to do at home, don a hardhat and climb aboard a hydro truck?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:47 am

I was going to say that it's the perception that counts, being there to provide leadership and example. But Christ, he went for one evening to have Christmas with his family. Ford just didn't go because his crack connection stayed in town.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:48 am

martin14 martin14:

Almost ?

At least Ford stuck around, and didn't take off for a holiday.

It isn't the water, it's that classic liberal arrogance. :D

Still, is it 'Why me', or, 'Thank God it's not me'. :lol:

Classical Liberal arrogance? So Ford partakes in classical conservative crack smoking and lying?

Brilliant. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:59 am

So it looks like the people who replaced Ford are almost as big a bunch of self entitled assholes as he is. :D
The people who replaced Ford? Did I miss something on my long winters nap?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:59 am

andyt andyt:
I was going to say that it's the perception that counts, being there to provide leadership and example. But Christ, he went for one evening to have Christmas with his family. Ford just didn't go because his crack connection stayed in town.

It's all about perception. Right or wrong taking of for an evening to Florida while people freeze in the dark will not win him fans.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
So it looks like the people who replaced Ford are almost as big a bunch of self entitled assholes as he is. :D

You have no idea how much you missed. :lol:

TO council voted to transfer most mayoral powers over to Kelley aka holiday boy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:25 am

saturn_656 saturn_656:
andyt andyt:

It's all about perception. Right or wrong taking of for an evening to Florida while people freeze in the dark will not win him fans.

True enough.

However, emotive knee jerk aside, since the guy ain't putting on a hard hat and going out to cut branches down, nor is he in charge of directing crews to clear streets and restore power, he zipping off for an evening and coming back the next day should be kept in perspective.

Those without power still had their families. What was he supposed to do, sit in his house with the lights on and not see his family for one night?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:42 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
saturn_656 saturn_656:
andyt andyt:

True enough.

However, emotive knee jerk aside, since the guy ain't putting on a hard hat and going out to cut branches down, nor is he in charge of directing crews to clear streets and restore power, he zipping off for an evening and coming back the next day should be kept in perspective.

Those without power still had their families. What was he supposed to do, sit in his house with the lights on and not see his family for one night?

If Ford skips a Pride event to spend time with his family, then all hell breaks loose.

But to leave the city in the middle of 300,000 people with no power, that's fine.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:49 am

martin14 martin14:
fifeboy fifeboy:

You have no idea how much you missed. :lol:

TO council voted to transfer most mayoral powers over to Kelley aka holiday boy.

Ok, I see what you are getting at. I thought the post indicated Ford had been replaced as mayor. I actually had heard about the
"Powers" thing. All I ever think about this whole sad chain of events is that I'm glad I moved west in '73!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:58 am

martin14 martin14:

If Ford skips a Pride event to spend time with his family, then all hell breaks loose.

But to leave the city in the middle of 300,000 people with no power, that's fine.

That's not really relevant as everyone knows that if a man with a sinus infection hocks on the sidewalk during a Pride Parade there is hell to pay. Gays are more uptight than Fiddledog reporting on institutional predjuce against Anglo Saxons.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:04 am

Rob Ford didn't end up in trouble for being a "self entitled asshole." He ran into trouble for doing crack and running with gangsters.