Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:30 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
raydan raydan:
As long as it's not Toronto Maple Leaf envy... that would be f**king embarrassing. 8O

Almost as embarrassing as being last in the East. :P

We'd have to come in last for at least a few years before it started getting close. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:52 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
I reread the whole thread, and don't know where Tricks sees anyone saying the whole BC Police force are bad apples, but that might just be my propensity to not "read between the lines".

You should try it sometimes. I just did with your post and figured out that you're a "police hating a-hole". :lol:

You are right! Your post tells me you suffer from Maple Leaf envy! (double entendre intended!)

Thanks DrCaleb!

Actually the first time I've gotten +Repped from someone I called an a-hole. [huh]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 am

raydan raydan:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:
You should try it sometimes. I just did with your post and figured out that you're a "police hating a-hole". :lol:

You are right! Your post tells me you suffer from Maple Leaf envy! (double entendre intended!)

Thanks DrCaleb!

Actually the first time I've gotten +Repped from someone I called an a-hole. [huh]

Don't be confused. I +Rep anyone that makes me laugh, because I like to laugh. I know you well enough to know your comment was meant in jest. And yes, the second hidden meaning in my comment was meant as 'Leafs' envy for someone in Habsville. ;)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:04 am

Tricks Tricks:
For something so easy to follow, lots of people seem to not understand this.

PFFFFT that one is old school, this is the one we are taught now, and I'm sure advocated by some on this forum.

The thing about the top wheel is that it is not a straight forward as it might seem and this is basically due to the one ring called perception. Whatever the officers perception was justifies what he does. Whose to say for sure what his perception was while standing in his shoes at the time and place of an incident when having to make a split second choice? Pretty hard, so you just write in "I perceived blah blah blah and therefore jumped to using my Asp Baton." Officer gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his perception and it needs to be this way, unless its glaring obvious to the contrary, such as the airport thing.

At any rate we follow the taser use recommendations that have been mentioned here except the "avoid chest shots" one (its dumb and unsafe for officers IMO due to the level of perp escalation it should be used at) and think they are all reasonable.