CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:59 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
DerbyX DerbyX:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
$1:
Some of the staunchest criticisms came from within the Conservative Party. Tory MP Art Hanger voiced sharp concerns, and Conservatives on the Commons industry committee treated the sale with skepticism.

One Conservative MP, speaking on condition he not be named, said the sale had raised a surprising backlash among Canadians, who saw it as a point of pride being peddled to the United States – which might possibly use it against Canada's claim to Arctic waters.
Uh oh, Tories, what are you going to do? Your party is on record as supporting protectionism - mean ol' government is unprecedentedly sticking their noses in the affairs of the sacred free market.

Going to stick with your party, or your idealistic views of globalism? :twisted:
How is this protectionism? They've just blocked ownership from transfering to a foreign company.

Thats the definition of protectionism. It isn't any different then the US blocking sales of airlines to foreign investors or a few years back when they were stopping sales of ports.

I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with it but BNs point that it is the type of thing conservatives have railed about in the past is correct.
I kinda figured someone was going to bitch about this. Doesn't really matter what the Conservatives do someone is going to bitch.

Someone will always bitch about anything.It is inevitable, but overall it is good as it keeps people aware that there are Pros and Cons(not to be confused with Conservative).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 pm

No. It's proof of the rampant hipocrisy of the left.
If he did nothing, he'd be a sell out.
Now that he's done something, he's betraying his ideals.

With every flip flop, you prove youreselves less and less trustworthy to Canadian voters.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:52 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
No. It's proof of the rampant hipocrisy of the left.
If he did nothing, he'd be a sell out.
Now that he's done something, he's betraying his ideals.

With every flip flop, you prove youreselves less and less trustworthy to Canadian voters.

The only hypocracy is coming from the right. Anti-gov't intervention in the free market has been betrayed by Harper.

His own party members are saying it yet all you see in your jihad against the Liberals and the left is what......?

We didn't betray our ideals.

It seems you did.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Was stopping the deal the right thing to do?

This is just like the medical reactor: another example of criminal mismanagement left behind for the Conservatives to clean up.

It's very obvious and that's why this will have no media reaction.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:07 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Was stopping the deal the right thing to do?

This is just like the medical reactor: another example of criminal mismanagement left behind for the Conservatives to clean up.

It's very obvious and that's why this will have no media reaction.

And another example of your inability to accept any responsibility.

It was Dions responsibility to oppose this and only Dions despite Harper being in charge and just like the reactor, the previous gov't did what they were supposed to do and the problem happened under Harper because he simply will not do anything at all that might indicate he leads the country.

Its never his fault. Its never his responsibility.

Yes it was actually and if it were the Liberals you would be crying up a storm about who the commie Liberals were the enemy of free enterprise.

Instead its the CPC doing that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm

That's like jumping out of a moving truck before crossing the border then blaming the accident of those other guys.

$1:
Prentice and the Conservative Party government have signaled they want to make it harder for foreigners to buy Canadian assets, after a rash of acquisitions that included Alcan Inc., Cognos Inc. and PrimeWest Energy Trust, marking the first time the country has blocked a foreign takeover since at least 1985.

$1:
``No one should doubt the determination of this minister and this government to protect this country's interests,'' Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in the House of Commons in Ottawa.

Was this the right thing to do Derby?
You can't even answer, can you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:21 pm

For the record, my comment was made in jest - I have no respect for politicians who respect an ideology more than the people they govern, and think this reflects well on the leadership ability of whomever made the decision, Tory or not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:27 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
That's like jumping out of a moving truck before crossing the border then blaming the accident of those other guys.

$1:
Prentice and the Conservative Party government have signaled they want to make it harder for foreigners to buy Canadian assets, after a rash of acquisitions that included Alcan Inc., Cognos Inc. and PrimeWest Energy Trust, marking the first time the country has blocked a foreign takeover since at least 1985.

$1:
``No one should doubt the determination of this minister and this government to protect this country's interests,'' Prime Minister Stephen Harper said in the House of Commons in Ottawa.

You can't even answer, can you.

The right thing? I think so. Not the point.

You blamed Dion for not opposing the sale when it seemed like Harper wasn't going to.

Was that a case of laying blame wrongly?

You can't even answer that can you.

Then you blamed Chretien and Mulroney despite the fact both have been gone for years.

All more of your desperate attempts to pre-absolve Harper of all possible responsibility.

A greater lack of leadership cannot be found then one who seeks to avoid responsibility at all costs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:35 pm

$1:

$1:
The right thing? I think so.

That was exactly the point, the point of this entire thread and the point of all these MDA threads. The left demanded that the deal be stopped and, for the moment, it has been. Most others have been honest enough to admit that it was the right thing to do, but that's pretty hard for you isn't it.

Show me where I dlamed Dion for opposing this sale. He's so impotent, he's not even in the loop on this. When we need more people to sit on their hands, he's the first that I'll call.

I've been clear on this from day one. I don't like the government meddling in business and the governments who gave taxpayers money to this company should have safeguarded Canadians interests instead of leaving it to the last second.

Do you agree that the governments who gave taxpayers money to this company should have safeguarded Canadians interests?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:45 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:

$1:
The right thing? I think so.

That was exactly the point, the point of this entire thread and the point of all these MDA threads. The left demanded that the deal be stopped and, for the moment, it has been. Most others have been honest enough to admit that it was the right thing to do, but that's pretty hard for you isn't it.

Show me where I dlamed Dion for opposing this sale. He's so impotent, he's not even in the loop on this. When we need more people to sit on their hands, he's the first that I'll call.

I've been clear on this from day one. I don't like the government meddling in business and the governments who gave taxpayers money to this company should have safeguarded Canadians interests instead of leaving it to the last second.

Do you agree that the governments who gave taxpayers money to this company should have safeguarded Canadians interests?

A spelling error? Are you drunk? have you had too much to drink?

That is the standard you held me to right? We should hold you to the same standard. Its what, 7pm there? Drunk already. Thats pretty bad.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:49 pm

I think public reaction to the story had everything to do with this decision. It's one thing that makes democracy work. A great example of that oh so elusive National Pride which we as Canadians are known for. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Stalling because you don't want to answer?
I'll start listing the Liblogs who are praising the CPC on this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:13 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Stalling because you don't want to answer?
I'll start listing the Liblogs who are praising the CPC on this one.

No. There are so many bitch about Dion threads that I lose track.

As for your BS about Liberal bloggers praising Harper for doing good for a change.

That just shows the integrity of Liberals.

When the Liberals defeated the deficit and paid down the debt all you guys could do is bitch and moan about some BS over EI funds (easily defeated BTW).

Harper does the same thing and suddenly he is Deus Ex Machina reborn in conservative dregs.

Face it.

The Liberals preformed near miracles in economics and you hate them for being right.

Thats why you invent a bunch of BS over the same corruption you excuse in your own party.

That nay you still won't ever comment on Bill Casey because you know it will mean admitting your secret lover Harper has sinned in your eyes.

That and you won't admit your drunk using the same standard you accused me of.

At least I have a job I can blame for making me post fast.

Its quite evident you do not, therefore making you more dependent on the good graces of Ontario Tax payers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 pm

You missed the question:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:19 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
You missed the question:

No, I answered that.

Need more whiskey?

Now answer how this form of interference in the freemarket id any different then all the other forms you bitched about.