canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:21 am

Mustang is right on this one.
This guy isn't a teacher but a preacher, with a life time of worn out lefty, anti-establishment ramblings.

Now he's dropped the sham of some fictional parents and is now going straight to the New Brunswick Human Rights Commission.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:02 am

Decision to omit O Canada hits patriotic nerve

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ional/home

This BS argument about it not being sung nationally in schools doesn't fly. They pulled the anthem for the wrong reasons and they still can't figure that out.

everybody ...email the school :lol:

http://belleisleelementary.nbed.nb.ca/B ... ml#contact

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:54 pm

llama66 llama66:
I can remember the national anthem every morning and the lord's prayer, I think the singing anthem should be played every morning, and this guy needs to be fired. I went to public school and high school in rural Ontario, there were bus delays sure but some how there was not the anarchy this guy claims there is.

Smacle where did you go to school?

Elementray school in Victoria, Naniamo x2, Calgary.

Jr. High School in Medicine Hat, Calgary x2.

High School in Nanaimo, Vancouver, Burnaby x2, Kelowna x2.

Not once was there the tradition of singing the National Anthem in the morning.

x2 = number of schools.

Last edited by Smacle on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm

It was a tradition in their school so why break it because 2 people complain....nonsense.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Whats your point?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:57 pm

mtbr mtbr:
It was a tradition in their school so why break it because a left wing nutball says 2 people complain....nonsense.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:00 pm

No point, just answering a question.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:26 pm

mtbr mtbr:
Decision to omit O Canada hits patriotic nerve

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ional/home

This BS argument about it not being sung nationally in schools doesn't fly. They pulled the anthem for the wrong reasons and they still can't figure that out.

everybody ...email the school :lol:

http://belleisleelementary.nbed.nb.ca/B ... ml#contact

better :)

email the Minister of Education in New Brunswick

[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:35 pm

lily lily:

That video of the Oilers game is cool, but I noticed most of the players weren't singing.

counting to 3 is hard enough for a hockey player and you expect them to sing.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:38 pm

mikewood86 mikewood86:
Choas in the halls. Thats laughable. I remember in elementary/high school we had to stop in our tracks if we came in late and the anthem was playing. Wait until it's over and go to your class. I can see that this idiot thinks banning something is easier than finding a solution and working at the problem.

F, put the kids who don't want to hear the anthem in some room in the morning where it doesn't play. After it is all done, they may go to their classes. Why should we just have to remove the anthem. If they bitch about the kids not being included, well, this is what we do in the morning, take part or leave. It sounds as if they are the minority.

heh, I remember getting halted in my tracks during elementary school while the anthem was on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:39 pm

this is pissing people off

"""The difficulty we were having were that children we having physical reactions to the anthem. They would scrunch up their face, put their fingers in their ears, bend down and get on the floor because they felt they were doing something they weren't allowed to do," he added."

no need to change a regular scheduled event just for a few idiots.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:17 pm

Smacle Smacle:
Why is this National news? This has been blows too far out of proportion. My school only ever played the anthem at assemblies. I'm still patriotic. It's not an unusual situation. I think singing it every morning is odd.

Good point.

There's a distinction to be made between healthy patriotism and meaningless displays of forced jingoism.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:23 pm

Streaker Streaker:
Smacle Smacle:
Why is this National news? This has been blows too far out of proportion. My school only ever played the anthem at assemblies. I'm still patriotic. It's not an unusual situation. I think singing it every morning is odd.

Good point.

There's a distinction to be made between healthy patriotism and meaningless displays of forced jingoism.

so why didn't they just ask those who had violent convulsions during the singing of the anthem to leave the room instead of eliminating it for everyone? Typical left wing idiots looking for a stupid excuse to kill the schools tradition.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:30 pm

mtbr mtbr:
Streaker Streaker:
Smacle Smacle:

Good point.

so why didn't they just ask those who had violent convulsions during the singing of the anthem to leave the room instead of eliminating it for everyone?

That would be a reasonable solution.

I was merely pointing out that enforced anthem-singing isn't going to make anyone more patriotic, and that, conversely, one can be thoroughly patriotic without always going around singing the anthem.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:36 pm

lily lily:
So.... if my kids' school gets a new principal that decides to "kill the school's tradition" by making it mandatory to sing the anthem every morning, you're going to get all huffy and up in arms, right?

no, anyone who has a problem with it can simply leave the room.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 18  Next