Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
NO!!!!!

You do NOT want the US involved in your water resources. No way.

You open the door to the US having any say over your water and Los Angeles will be on you people like Great White sharks on baby seals.

Whatever money you think you might make from the deal is irrelevant. When the subject is water I guarantee you that not only will people get screwed they'll also get killed. People who stand in the way of LA getting water have a tendency to die from all sorts of unexpected causes.

:idea:

I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly. You don't want Americans ANYWHERE near your drinking water. Just look at how precious they treat THEIR water supply. If they can't respect and clean up their own supply what makes you think they will respect our most precious resource. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:13 pm

Two things to think about,Canada has the worlds largest fresh water supply,and people pay more per liter for water then they do for gas.

Not too mention Bush said we have rights to our "lands" and "islands" in the arctic and then rolled his eyes.I've seen the video. :wink:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:21 pm

Why not stick a straw in the ocean? Desalinization plants could make an endless supply of water. If you believe the global warming theories that say the oceans will rise over the land...........this may help.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:23 pm

Regina Regina:
Why not stick a straw in the ocean? Desalinization plants could make an endless supply of water. If you believe the global warming theories that say the oceans will rise over the land...........this may help.

The cost and energy required for desalinization make it an expensive choice. Thats why the US is looking for cheaper alternatives and right now its far cheaper to pipe it in from abroad.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:31 pm

What part of "HELL NO" doesn't anybody understand. The US can damn well make better use of their own resources. Joe_Stalin is obviously quite tired of living in Canada and supporting our values. Well joe, you know where the border is, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Or you could stay and maybe educate yourself in the basics of, well, everything.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:33 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Regina Regina:

The cost and energy required for desalinization make it an expensive choice. Thats why the US is looking for cheaper alternatives and right now its far cheaper to pipe it in from abroad.
I knew it wouldn't be cheap but it's less expensive than running out. I think it time to develop more of that technology because when the fresh water is gone......it's gone.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:34 pm

Hmmm....they don't pay for the hydro they get from us, they don't pay for the natural gas they get from us, sell them anything? Selling implies they'll pay for it doesn't it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Regina Regina:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Regina Regina:

I knew it wouldn't be cheap but it's less expensive than running out. I think it time to develop more of that technology because when the fresh water is gone......it's gone.

Agreed. Its a solution that can help a great many water impoverished nations throughout the world.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:53 pm

Desalinization plants to be viable require a nuclear power plant. Eco terrorists oppose non polluting nuclear plants.

Oil and coal is very expensive and polluting and leave carbon footprints on the walls and ceilings.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:58 pm

The US could lead the way in this sort of thing. Using a combination of solar and wind generation farms that directly support the desalinization plants would look good on them.

Build the nuclear plants in the desert.........trade power for water. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 pm

No. We don't actually have that much of a surplus, anyways.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:53 pm

QBC QBC:
Hmmm....they don't pay for the hydro they get from us, they don't pay for the natural gas they get from us, sell them anything? Selling implies they'll pay for it doesn't it?

That's kind of what I was getting at. We kept the lights on in California a few years ago, and we never got paid. Thye tried to sue BC Hydro insetad. It turned out it was Enron who hosed them, whihc BC Hydro was trying to tell them at the time. But they wouldn't listen. Adn we're still waiting for our money. But, we still send them power so "Fool you once..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:45 pm

I was under the impression that the US takes whatever it wants anyway.

Those poor slobs in Los Angeles need water for their swimming pools, don't they? And water to wash their SUV's. :x

Obviously I think our water should stay here.

What Zipperfish says is true. We are still waiting to get paid. The US has screwed Canada over that issue as well as softwoods. They cannot be trusted.

I say (in Marie Antoinette's words)

LET THEM DRINK OIL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Streaker Streaker:
No. We don't actually have that much of a surplus, anyways.
Actually we do,the worlds largest surplus. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:49 pm

The NWT are concerned over the tarsands water use,the resource is not getting ignored.high and dry in the NWT