canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:39 pm

xerxes xerxes:
This a fucking stupid thing to do on the Israel'is part and all it will accomplish is to remind the world that Israel is allowed to get away with war crimes and immoral actions, on ships carrying food and supplies no less.

What war crime was committed here?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:57 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
xerxes xerxes:
This a fucking stupid thing to do on the Israel'is part and all it will accomplish is to remind the world that Israel is allowed to get away with war crimes and immoral actions, on ships carrying food and supplies no less.

Defending yourself from a hostile crowd with clubs is a war crime, if you are Israeli.

Those soldiers should have had the moral integrity to lay down and take the lickin'. Even better, they should have willingly handed over their sidearms so they could be shot, save the lynch mob the effort of a beating them to death.

What the hell were they thinking, fighting back against a hostile crowd aboard a ship running a blockade.

Stupid Israelis. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:02 pm

The video is arriving fast and furious now.

Here's the Israelis warning the Ji-activists they're about to enter a zone of hostilities, and telling them the correct procedure if they want to deliver supplies.

Here's the LiveLeak video Bodah was having trouble linking on the last page. It shows the actual attack.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:08 pm

I'll admit when I first heard about this story I cringed. Now I see the Isreali's were well within their rights to do what they did. Anyone who defends these "protesters" has their head up their ass. These protesters have done themselves a disservice as next time the Israelis probably won't board the ship as peacefully.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:09 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Anyone who would defend these savages after watching this clearly has a bias. Turkey might as well STFU now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:17 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
xerxes xerxes:

Sorry, that was a bit of a generealization not related to the matter at hand.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:19 pm

At least Israel is showing the other side as of late. They actually film what they do to counter the Palestinian PR machine. Without the footage of the "activist" attacks upon the soldiers, Israel would once again be crucified.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:23 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
I'll admit when I first heard about this story I cringed. Now I see the Isreali's were well within their rights to do what they did. Anyone who defends these "protesters" has their head up their ass. These protesters have done themselves a disservice as next time the Israelis probably won't board the ship as peacefully.

Then, by that logic, what Somali pirates do in the Sea of Aden is just as justified as what Israel did.

These ships were in international waters where Israel has no authority. If the Israeli's had found even one rifle or one bag of gunpowder, then they'd have no problems. But they didn't.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:28 pm

xerxes xerxes:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Then, by that logic, what Somali pirates do in the Sea of Aden is just as justified as what Israel did.

These ships were in international waters where Israel has no authority. If the Israeli's had found even one rifle or one bag of gunpowder, then they'd have no problems. But they didn't.

And yet we have warships stopping boats all the time in international waters for suspected piracy. The fact of the matter is this was peaceful until these "protesters" attacked. Do you defend this attack against what was a peaceful operation until then?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:29 pm

I agree that the IDF troops that rappelled onto the deck of a ship with 600 Hamas supporters being the passengers, got a shit-kicking.

How do you think a few Hamas guys rappelling into a Hasidic Jewish barbeque would do?

The Israeli government was well aware of who was on the ship and who was behind the whole ‘aid’ thing.

Yet they still thought sending armed troops onto a vessel with known belligerents on board wouldn’t end in bloodshed?

Come on. It was a stupid mission with a single and painfully obvious outcome.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:32 pm

If they were arabs I would have announced that they paint balls contained pigs blood. Many of the nuts might have left on their own rather than be "dishonoured".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:34 pm

GreenTiger GreenTiger:
If they were arabs I would have announced that they paint balls contained pigs blood. Many of the nuts might have left on their own rather than be "dishonoured".

Hey, Stupid. If it was pigs blood then the Jewish members of the IDF raid wouldn't have been able to use them either.

Grow a brain already.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:36 pm

That's all we need GreenTiger, the Israelis have already given the Jihad a dozen more martyrs to rally the Islamic masses

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:48 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
That's all we need GreenTiger, the Israelis have already given the Jihad a dozen more martyrs to rally the Islamic masses

*Shrugs* The issue is mo matter what Israel would have done, it would have been bad PR for them. Raid or sink the ship before it reaches Gaza? We already see what's happening. Let the ship dock and leave without issue, you not only encourage more blockade runners, but also give them a PR victory about how Israel is afraid of lowly little activists.

Did Israel have an idea this could happen? Of course they did. They could have also predicted what would happen if they sunk the ship outright, or let the ship go through. This was a bad move out of a deck of bad moves.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:05 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I agree that the IDF troops that rappelled onto the deck of a ship with 600 Hamas supporters being the passengers, got a shit-kicking.

How do you think a few Hamas guys rappelling into a Hasidic Jewish barbeque would do?

The Israeli government was well aware of who was on the ship and who was behind the whole ‘aid’ thing.

Yet they still thought sending armed troops onto a vessel with known belligerents on board wouldn’t end in bloodshed?

Come on. It was a stupid mission with a single and painfully obvious outcome.

I comepletely agree, I think they felt if they documented their attempts to have a peaceful resolution they could get the simpathy vote. It was an idiotic move.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 21  Next