canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:03 pm

Some kind of idiot war just erupted in the Conservatives tonight. Scheer booted Bernier out of the shadow cabinet for say that he was against supply management, this after all parties united against Trump for the same thing. So Trudeau becomes a two-time winner, first by standing up to Dumbfuck Dennison, and again with some kind of civil war between Conservatives ready to erupt.

Like I care about them and their squabbles. The main enemy now is Trump and any Canadian political party that can't get that through their fucking heads doesn't deserve to form the government. Everything else, including libertarian "free market" nonsense over supply management or subsidies, are distant secondary priorities to the new American threat to us. Screw you if you dummies can't see that, Tories. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:09 pm

$1:
Peter Navarro, a White House trade adviser, apologized Tuesday after saying "there's a special place in hell" for Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who is in a trade dispute with President Donald Trump.

"In conveying that message, I used language that was inappropriate and basically lost the power of that message," Navarro said at the Wall Street Journal's annual CFO Network conference. "I own that. That was my mistake, those were my words."

Asked if he was apologizing for the comments, Navarro said, "yeah, absolutely."

Following the G7 summit in Quebec, Navarro told "Fox News Sunday" that "there's a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door."

He added, "Those are my words, but they're the sentiment that was on Air Force One after that."

Navarro's comments Sunday were part of the White House's continued criticism of Trudeau after the prime minister announced that Canada would impose retaliatory measures to answer Trump's tariffs and warned that Canada would not be "pushed around."

Larry Kudlow, Trump's top economic adviser, echoed Navarro during an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday, saying that Trudeau's comments amounted to a "betrayal."

The following day, Navarro's remarks brought swift criticism from Republicans on Capitol Hill.
Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch told CNN on Monday that Navarro "should have kept his big mouth shut because I don't think that helps us inform policy and I think frankly it was out of line."

"It's an awful way to treat your allies," Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake told CNN, adding that he doesn't believe he's "ever seen a statement like that against any of our worst enemies, let alone our allies."

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz told CNN that he doesn't think anyone should be "using overheated rhetoric."

White House legislative affairs director Marc Short also sought to distance himself from Navarro's comments and told CNN's John Berman in an interview Monday that "those are words that I would not have chosen."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/politics ... index.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 pm

llama66 llama66:
Side note: It's been mentioned somewhere, there is an unintended consequence to Trudeau's sudden appearance of a backbone... his popularity will soar.

Till about October or November.
If things aren't resolved by then, it will slide, and Justin will go down as one of the
worst PMs we ever had.

And I don't see this government coming out of this in good shape.

Completely dropped the ball on this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:25 pm

martin14 martin14:
llama66 llama66:
Side note: It's been mentioned somewhere, there is an unintended consequence to Trudeau's sudden appearance of a backbone... his popularity will soar.

If things aren't resolved by then, it will slide, and Justin will go down as one of the
worst PMs we ever had.

Have they really? I mean they've united Canadians, Liberals and Conservatives alike in outrage. The average voter is not that smart.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:43 pm

llama66 llama66:
martin14 martin14:
llama66 llama66:

worst PMs we ever had.

Have they really? I mean they've united Canadians, Liberals and Conservatives alike in outrage. The average voter is not that smart.

Pay no attention he has no clue what he’s talking about.

A Conservative motion in the House of Commons today expressing support for Trudeau’s position passed with unanimous support of all parties. Doug Ford said he “stands shoulder to shoulder” with Trudeau. It seems there’s not one politician of any party in Canada not supporting Trudeau’s position,, which means the entire Canadian business community supports it also.

A person must have to read exclusively Russian newspapers to think he “Completely dropped the ball”

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Whatever about the merits of supply management - and it does have some - we can’t appease Trump and his goons.

In related news, I see Bernier is getting the boot:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4270595/andr ... r-cabinet/

This is not looking good for the Tories.

Last edited by Sunnyways on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:20 pm

Jason Kenney, who hates Trudeau probably more than most other Conservatives, said pretty much the same thing. All for one, one for all, and no truce with the puke-orange dictator if he tries to fuck with us.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Bernier made a deal with Sheer to not promote or release his book until retired.

He went back on the deal and got booted. No surprise.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:33 pm

llama66 llama66:
Have they really? I mean they've united Canadians, Liberals and Conservatives alike in outrage.

For a while.
Outrage don't pay the bills.

$1:
The average voter is not that smart.

This is true.
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Liberals call a quickie election soon,
for a vote in September.

And the average voter will just swallow it up,
never figuring out just how poorly the Lieberals have played the whole thing.

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
A Conservative

Well they certainly aren't dumb enough to oppose it now, what with all the
SJW feminist whining and crying right now.

Just wait till the tariffs start.

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
we can’t appease Trump and his goons.

It had nothing to do with appeasement. It had to do with playing Trump the right way.

Just as an example, I doubt Trump has the authority to remove all the US dairy subsidies
by himself. Spending is usually a Congressional detail. So the whole thing is a big nothingburger.
As soon as Trump realizes he can't / won't remove his own government payments,
the whole thing gets dropped.

But this is isn't something you do in public. Not with him.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Canadian's get upset over something Trump says and it's great thing. Conservatives get upset over something a Liberal says and we are racists? Liberal logic at work. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:09 am

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
Whatever about the merits of supply management - and it does have some - we can’t appease Trump and his goons.

In related news, I see Bernier is getting the boot:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4270595/andr ... r-cabinet/

This is not looking good for the Tories.

$1:
On June 5, Bernier publicly released a chapter of his new book on supply management, in which he accuses Scheer of winning the party’s leadership due to the support of “fake Conservatives” who were only interested in tabling Bernier’s candidacy because of his opposition to supply management in the dairy sector.

Lol that’s unfortunate real timing there Maxi

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:31 am

martin14 martin14:

llama66 llama66:
Have they really? I mean they've united Canadians, Liberals and Conservatives alike in outrage.

For a while.
Outrage don't pay the bills.

$1:
The average voter is not that smart.

This is true.
In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to see the Liberals call a quickie election soon,
for a vote in September.

And the average voter will just swallow it up,
never figuring out just how poorly the Lieberals have played the whole thing.

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
A Conservative

Well they certainly aren't dumb enough to oppose it now, what with all the
SJW feminist whining and crying right now.

Just wait till the tariffs start.

Sunnyways Sunnyways:
we can’t appease Trump and his goons.

It had nothing to do with appeasement. It had to do with playing Trump the right way.

Just as an example, I doubt Trump has the authority to remove all the US dairy subsidies
by himself. Spending is usually a Congressional detail. So the whole thing is a big nothingburger.
As soon as Trump realizes he can't / won't remove his own government payments,
the whole thing gets dropped.

But this is isn't something you do in public. Not with him.

What you're suggesting is cowardly appeasement plain and simple. Protecting Canadians from foreign aggression is the government’s primary responsibility. Unconditional surrender to Trump now with the hope that in a couple of years Canadians will be saved and restored by US Congress is still cowardly appeasement and an abdication of government’s primary obligation to defend its citizens.

And your suggested tactic of bargaining in bad faith and even pretending to sell out Canadians is also cowardly and damages the government’s credibility at home and abroad. If Trudeau had lead Canadians to believe he was truly going to sell them out because he’s afraid to stand up to Trump the entire country would be united against him rather than behind him.

Despite his tweets and fake bravado, the Trump administration is weak and incompetent and is strongly opposed at home and abroad, These proposed sanctions will only weaken him further as the consequences and fallout threaten many US jobs and economic interests due to our countries’ highly integrated economies.

What you’re proposing is the exact opposite of what any competent and honourable government should do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:22 am

Appeasement did not not really work when Chamberlain used it with Hitler. I'm not saying Trudeau is Chamberlain or that Trump is Hitler, I'm just illustration that the last time it was a policy for a nation it met with pretty disastrous results. Besides it makes leadership look weak to the voting public.

It's not in Canada's interest to "appease" on this matter. We appease on this, Trump will want Auto concessions, then he'll probably want other things.

Its best not to have a trade war, as I and may others have pointed out, the Canadian-US trading system is Symbiotic. Millions of jobs, on both sides of the border rely on NAFTA. The best course of action is to renegotiate NAFTA (minus the Sunset clause).

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
What you're suggesting
What you’re proposing

What a nice copy / pasta you've done.
I know it is, because in 11 pages, I haven't 'suggested', or 'proposed', a damn thing.

I have been critical of Trudeau's government and Ministers, because they have
absolutely zero idea how to handle the situation, zero idea how to move ahead,
and zero idea of how to win.

This government has been nothing but fail, on every file, for the last 3 years.

llama66 llama66:
It's not in Canada's interest to "appease" on this matter. We appease on this, Trump will want Auto concessions, then he'll probably want other things.

Its best not to have a trade war, as I and may others have pointed out, the Canadian-US trading system is Symbiotic. Millions of jobs, on both sides of the border rely on NAFTA. The best course of action is to renegotiate NAFTA (minus the Sunset clause).

I repeat, the Trudeau government has no idea how to win.

And you are starting to scratch the real potential for trouble.
Trump doesn't give a good goddamn about milk.

But....... cars....... jobs being repatriated to say.... Michigan.... and Ohio.....

And freaking Dopey is whining on the tv, just giving Trump an excuse to do it.

Ya just can't get more stupid than that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 am

martin14 martin14:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
What you're suggesting
What you’re proposing

What a nice copy / pasta you've done.
I know it is, because in 11 pages, I haven't 'suggested', or 'proposed', a damn thing.

I have been critical of Trudeau's government and Ministers, because they have
absolutely zero idea how to handle the situation, zero idea how to move ahead,
and zero idea of how to win.

This government has been nothing but fail, on every file, for the last 3 years.

llama66 llama66:

I repeat, the Trudeau government has no idea how to win.

And you are starting to scratch the real potential for trouble.
Trump doesn't give a good goddamn about milk.

But....... cars....... jobs being repatriated to say.... Michigan.... and Ohio.....

And freaking Dopey is whining on the tv, just giving Trump an excuse to do it.

Ya just can't get more stupid than that.

Yet, somehow he's doing just that. Winning. He's united the political parties behind him and I'm willing to bet many voters are willing to forget the whole India affair.

Sounds like winning to me.

Voters will vote for him next election because he's done nothing egregious. The longer he "stands up" to Trump the more popular he'll be/remain.

As for the Car thing, that's all covered by NAFTA.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 329 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13  14 ... 22  Next