canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:11 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=19921" target="_blank">Top US General Opposes Openly Gay Troops</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=12" target="_blank">Uncle Sam</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=-Mario-" target="_blank">-Mario-</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-03-13 08:43:24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:11 pm

I hate insecure people like this.... get over it, its a fact of life and I am sure you arnt hot shit that they want to touch.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:23 pm

$1:
I hate insecure people like this.... get over it, its a fact of life and I am sure you arnt hot shit that they want to touch.

I'm sure you'd hate him leading the troops or would you like Richard Simmons?

you get over it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:45 pm

$1:

you get over it.

Remember that whole ordeal about Grant being a drunk, but was actually winning against the South? Lincoln faced criticism for not removing him and instead said something along the lines of: "Then I'll have to send bottles of whiskey so long as he keeps winning."

Feel free to correct me on this, I'm hazy on this issue...

Anyway, the moral is:

Doesn't really matter who is elading your troops, as long as they do a good job. I think that could apply to gays, no?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Maybe the gays should go in the women's bunk or something.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
$1:

you get over it.

Remember that whole ordeal about Grant being a drunk, but was actually winning against the South? Lincoln faced criticism for not removing him and instead said something along the lines of: "Then I'll have to send bottles of whiskey so long as he keeps winning."

Feel free to correct me on this, I'm hazy on this issue...

Anyway, the moral is:

Doesn't really matter who is elading your troops, as long as they do a good job. I think that could apply to gays, no?

Ah NO

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:04 pm

Just one more example of the bigotted and brainless making it to the top in the u.s.

They say the "cream" rises to the top....so I guess that tells ya what the rest of the americans are like. :twisted:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:09 pm

The military is NOT a social engineering experiment!

It may not be politically correct, but unit cohesion suffers in militaries with openly gay members and if you end up in a war for your national survival (which only a total fool would say will never happen) you need fighting men who trust each other with their lives right out on the tip of the spear.

While I will allow for exceptions to the rule, most gays and lesbians are also security risks (indicated by poor credit histories, unstable work and social lives, and etc.) and all too many of them suffer from a disproportionate amount of mental illnesses. The 'don't ask & don't tell' rule in place preserves unit cohesion and it also prevents conduct that is unbecoming to the military such as participation in deviant parades & etc. For the record, straight soldiers are advised not to participate in Mardi Gras in New Orleans and or other events that are likewise unbecoming.

The other thing is imagine yourself a parent whose son will be commanded by someone who "scats" in their free time. Would you want your kid to stay in that military?

I'd hope not.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:13 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

It may not be politically correct, but unit cohesion suffers in militaries with openly gay members and if you end up in a war for your national survival (which only a total fool would say will never happen) you need fighting men who trust each other with their lives right out on the tip of the spear.

While I will allow for exceptions to the rule, most gays and lesbians are also security risks (indicated by poor credit histories, unstable work and social lives, and etc.) and all too many of them suffer from a disproportionate amount of mental illnesses. The 'don't ask & don't tell' rule in place preserves unit cohesion and it also prevents conduct that is unbecoming to the military such as participation in deviant parades & etc. For the record, straight soldiers are advised not to participate in Mardi Gras in New Orleans and or other events that are likewise unbecoming.

The other thing is imagine yourself a parent whose son will be commanded by someone who "scats" in their free time. Would you want your kid to stay in that military?

I'd hope not.

What an utter pile of bullshit!!!!!! None of it is worth commenting on.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:20 pm

$1:
Ah NO

Why not?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:22 pm

GerryHurt GerryHurt:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I'd hope not.

What an utter pile of bullshit!!!!!! None of it is worth commenting on.

Facts make you uncomfortable, eh?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:25 pm

the don't ask don't tell policy isn't enough?

They're not discriminating against gays just telling them to keep their private life private/ is that too much to ask?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:27 pm

What "facts"? How about you backup your bullshit. It's not so subtle "fear mongering". Something americans are experts in....so that either makes you an aerican....or a wannabe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:27 pm

$1:
Facts make you uncomfortable, eh?

Well, you didn't exactly provide links that would help to back up your claim of:

$1:
most gays and lesbians are also security risks (indicated by poor credit histories, unstable work and social lives, and etc.) and all too many of them suffer from a disproportionate amount of mental illnesses.

Just pointing this out...

$1:

I'd hope not.

Okay, a fair point; but what if that soldiers Commander(who scats in his free time) ends up being directly responsible for saving that soldiers life?

Oh, and if you say that it can't happen, then you are a hypocrite. Why?

$1:
and if you end up in a war for your national survival (which only a total fool would say will never happen)

You said it. :wink: :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:41 pm

If they want to fight, let them fight. Considering the US Army is having major problems meeting recruiting goals, I would think this is the time to not be so uptight about this sort of thing.

Add to that, a good number of the Army's Arabic translators have been discharged for being homosexuals making the policy incredibly counter-productive.