Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:59 am

We will try, anyway you would waste this money for French language for Quebec, or gay parade in Toronto. And we can buy few army uniforms for soldiers, thank you Canadian taxpayers :D

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:02 am

I like that proposal actually. Yah, it is rather laughable our "sanctions", but I understand if its just a round one kind of starter kick at the can.

And actually, I'm impressed with France (that link above ^^). They're seriously considering cancelling that $1 billion + military contract with Russia if things escalate (which they most certainly will). Its just the way the EU is set up, EU wide sanctions require a wide/wide/wide consensus to get into force.

Maybe somebody can tell me. If Brussels fails to get its act together can individual EU members still coordinate sanctions within their borders?

And yes, its very good timing that spring is this week. Yes, it can still be cold in Europe, but the natural gas demand should be going down, and Russia's only weapon is their energy. Hopefully if they effect gas supplies to Europe, Europe will have enough to meet demand and weather that storm.

Another recent development is Merkel/Germany have finally gotten their asses of the fence a bit. Merkel's predecessor though is a Russian hack. But from what I read, Merkel honestly believes Putin is out of touch with reality.

I do think Europe has the ability to show some stealth on this. But these starter sanctions are doing nothing to make Russians think twice. They need to be a lot stronger and soon. We'll see how Obama and Brussels coordinate over the coming week.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:06 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
We will try, anyway you would waste this money for French language for Quebec, or gay parade in Toronto. And we can buy few army uniforms for soldiers, thank you Canadian taxpayers :D

200 million is about what we spend on Canada Day Fireworks that Quebec doesn't celebrate anyway.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
PostFactum PostFactum:

200 million is about what we spend on Canada Day Fireworks that Quebec doesn't celebrate anyway.

You know what, I've forgot BartSimpson, US already gave money for military improvements and Obama said that he will give more. Bart, thank you too. I hope you are having a nice day :D :D :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:16 am

PostFactum PostFactum:

You'll likely see more aid come from private organizations in Canada as it has the largest concentration of Ukrainians outside the Ukraine.....as a kid I remember hearing heavy Ukrainian accents spoken by people that had been here 2 or 3 generations, and no shortage of those who used it as a first language. As I've pointed out to you before Ukrainian culture is likely stronger here than it is back there The same goes for Scottish culture. Billy Connolly, on a trip to Nova Scotia, remarked that he didn't know whether to be proud or embarrassed about the over the top celebration of Scottish heritage, especially those who wandered about in kilts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:50 am

westmanguy westmanguy:
I like that proposal actually. Yah, it is rather laughable our "sanctions", but I understand if its just a round one kind of starter kick at the can.

And actually, I'm impressed with France (that link above ^^). They're seriously considering cancelling that $1 billion + military contract with Russia if things escalate (which they most certainly will). Its just the way the EU is set up, EU wide sanctions require a wide/wide/wide consensus to get into force.

Maybe somebody can tell me. If Brussels fails to get its act together can individual EU members still coordinate sanctions within their borders?

And yes, its very good timing that spring is this week. Yes, it can still be cold in Europe, but the natural gas demand should be going down, and Russia's only weapon is their energy. Hopefully if they effect gas supplies to Europe, Europe will have enough to meet demand and weather that storm.

Another recent development is Merkel/Germany have finally gotten their asses of the fence a bit. Merkel's predecessor though is a Russian hack. But from what I read, Merkel honestly believes Putin is out of touch with reality.

I do think Europe has the ability to show some stealth on this. But these starter sanctions are doing nothing to make Russians think twice. They need to be a lot stronger and soon. We'll see how Obama and Brussels coordinate over the coming week.

I'm pretty sure they can. If they really wanted to put some pressure on, England could freeze the accounts of the Russian oligarchs who live and have their bank accounts there. And Germany alone could take at least $50bn out of Russia's economy. And despite Brah's stupid picture, it looks like that will happen. Wait till Tuesday when the EU convenes another session.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 am

"There's an amazing picture taken a few days ago at the United Nations.

Russia had just vetoed America's diplomatic proposal for Ukraine. So Ambassador Samantha Power, the former Harvard professor appointed by Barack Obama, who is also a former Harvard grad himself, walked over to Russia's ambassador, Vitaly Churkin, to give him a piece of her mind.

Churkin didn't even stand up. He just looked at her. And his aides, standing behind him, laughed.

They weren't laughing at the ironically named Ambassador Power. They were laughing at their good luck; that they had the good fortune to get into the invading business when a feckless man like Barack Obama was in charge of the free world."

OK, maybe they were laughing at Power, too. While Vladimir Putin - former KGB agent, invader of Georgia, arms dealer to Syria and Iran, underminer of his own country's democracy - was rolling special forces into Ukraine, Power was... tweeting. As in, she was writing little notes on Twitter..."

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/st ... 81205.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:09 am

PostFactum PostFactum:
You know what, I've forgot BartSimpson, US already gave money for military improvements and Obama said that he will give more. Bart, thank you too. I hope you are having a nice day :D :D :D

I know from friends that you folks will be receiving some gifts that will make the Russians uncomfortable if they decide to visit the Maidan.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:01 pm

On the radio right now: Russian troops have stormed the Ukrainian base at Simferopol with reports of at least one, possibly three, Ukrainians dead in the attack.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 pm

they need to shoot back at least

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:07 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
they need to shoot back at least

Given that Putin wants to invade and conquer all of the rest of Ukraine he'd use that as a provocation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 pm

The Baltic States must be a little nervous right now

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
The Baltic States must be a little nervous right now

NATO has already started moving assets into Estonia since the Russians really and truly loathe the Estonians and are just itching for an excuse to attack them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:33 pm

It`s time that the Euroweeniesa started cooperating and bolstered their borders....but that would mean allowing the 8O German 8O military to be involved

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2612 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 31  32  33  34  35  36  37 ... 175  Next